Confessions

Hi. This is my first fic so sorry if im not really good with the characters.bad spelling, grammar, just please bear with me. Please feel free to give me any comments or suggestions . thanks..

Title: Confessions

Author:Bianca_derevko

Spoilers: This is post ressurection; it will show how Sydney reacts after the whole bank incident. Also what will happen to N/S. S/V. J/I

Summary: The story is in the time frame of the upcoming season 4. The story revolves about the spyfam. Vaughn. Sark.

Disclaimer: I dont own any of the alias characters..i just wish i did. Then i would do everything just to get Lena Olin back. well too bad like i said i dont own them.

I would like to thank Agnes, Leanne and kjrsten for helping me.

A/N:Tell me what you think...haha..im so unsure..

Chapter 1-Confessions

Wittenberg Bank

A million thoughts ran through Sydney Bristow’s mind as she read through the confidential documents of bank account #1062. Her eyes scanned the text frantically as she realized that her whole life has been planned before her.
She could not believe it.

She was being used. Suddenly, a voice—the voice last voice she wanted to hear, spoke from behind her.

“Sydney, you were never supposed to find this,” Jack Bristow said.

She met her father’s eyes searching for regret, betrayal, but she found none. They were the same as always- expressionless, cold. It took a moment before she was able to reply. She had too many questions.

Then, it hit her; Dad knew where I was during that past two years. Is it that hard to save your own daughter? Why would the CIA fund a project to practically program my life? How could he do this to me? To his own daughter? Does he think this is just some game where I’m his pawn? Mom was right. Dad is more loyal to the CIA…than his own family. I just can’t understand how he can do this to me. How he pretended to be innocent while he told me all those things about mom, about how she deceived me. I know what she did but for some reason I just cant bring myself to hate her, after all she my mom. I just can’t take it how he manipulated me into thinking that she completely betrayed me. To think he was doing the exact same thing. How can anyone be so cold? With exact certainty she answered her father.

“You always told me that mom would betray me and it never crossed my mind that you were wrong because I knew you would never do anything to hurt me. I guess I was wrong.”

Sydney fought her tears back. All she could think of was the fact that everyone close to her has betrayed her.

She stormed out of the room without looking at her father.

Jack watched her daughter leave.

What have I done?

Cairo International Airport

The PA system crackled:” Flight # 205435 has arrived from Los Angeles 20 minutes behind schedule.” Over the din of the busy airport

Arvin Sloane glanced at his costume made fossil watch that he asked a contact to make him. It was a device that would scramble the data of the airport databank appearing as if they never arrived in Cairo. He was busy gathering his thoughts that he didn’t notice Nadia was looking directly at him with affection. For the first time he felt the warmth of being loved, that he thought was lost to him when his wife Emily died.

“We need to move, let’s get our luggage.” Nadia said not knowing she interrupting her father’s thoughts.

“We need to stay at the Le Meridian Pyramids Hotel for tonight.”

Nadia answered with a slight nod.

“Were meeting a contact in their coffee shop in 0600 hours, he has Intel regarding the Keystones” he explained.

Nadia couldn't help but think if this was another kind of manipulation for him to get to know her. But he was right. They need to get the keystones before anyone else does. With that she gave him a look of reassurance. And even she didn't know what powers the keystones possessed if they used it. This scared her. But all the same they need to find it.

“Okay, lets go, we haven’t made reservations” She said with a sigh

15 minutes later they headed off to the hotel. When Nadia entered the hotel she noticed that the interior was enchanting, there were columns filled with hieroglyphics from each side of the mantelpiece, it felt as if you were back in time. Of course there were a few exceptions of some lamps and telephones.

Nadia stared around the room even more enchanted with the décor when a suddenly hand tapped her shoulder. She quickly turned around. Seeing that it was only the bellboy giving her keycard, she felt a surge of relief because in this line of work you can never be too careful. In a moment she followed him to her room.

L.A. (CIA HQ)

Sydney passed through the rotunda refusing to look at anyone and didn’t even notice that almost everyone was staring at her. She made her way to Dixon’s office eyes full of suppressed rage. The moment she arrived Dixon stood up looking concerned.

“Syd, are you-?”

“I quit.”

Dixon expected that much. He was briefed by Langley about all this and it hurt him to see that he had no choice but to do this to Sydney. He was just doing his job.

“What happened? You can’t quit. At least not until you finish this mission,” he replied. Showing her blue prints of the church in Roslin. The blueprints showed an underground chamber of some sort with no entrance and exit.

“Your father collected new Intel on where Rambaldi left the-“

Sydney tossed the prints aside and cut him off again.

“Woo. I do not choose to do what was set for me by someone who has controlled my life. I will not do anything that MAN expects of me or what he has trained me to do!” She blazed at him.

“Please, Sydney, I need you here. Once you are done with this one, I understand. You may quit.” He said knowingly

Sydney cut him off again.

“No, Dixon! I already told you I won’t do it!”

“Please Sydney; you must stay”

He knew he couldn’t let her leave. He had orders from Langley that if she quit she would be detained. But seeing the look on Sydney’s face he could see that there was no point in trying to convince her.

Dixon looked skeptical and sighed because he had no other choice, he felt guilt suddenly building up in him, he just couldn’t do this to Sydney but knowing he had no choice he pushed the red button underneath his desk.

“Syd, I’m sorry, there just isn’t another way”

In a matter of seconds five agents came in all directions and surrounded her. She looked around looking for an escape route.

The thought finally hit her; she couldn’t leave the Rotunda without a fight knowing she couldn’t bear to stay any longer. She approached Dixon carefully.

“I’ve changed my mind,” she said in a mere whisper.

At the exact same moment, she seized Dixon’s belt and took his tranquilizer gun. Without thinking, she shot Dixon and the three other agents around her. When she turned around to find the two other. Then a soldier in his early 20’s grabbed her from behind. She had no choice but to fight back she didn’t want anything to do with the CIA anymore.

There just as bad as the covenant. She thought to herself

Then, she used to tranquilizer to hit the soldier’s nose. With the soldier distracted she used her elbows to hit his torso and gave him a kick to the shin.

The soldier whimpered in pain, with one final blow to the jaw and the soldier was knocked out cold. At this point, all she could think of was to escape. Then she realized that she forgot to get to the last soldier when she turned around to find him, a cold feeling suddenly came over her. She reached to the back of her neck and felt that she had been hit. She felt the drug was in effect it was too late, when a sudden pang of guilt came over her she remembered. Vaughn.

[Black out]

Sydney’s Apartment

Ring…ring…

Come on, Syd, please pick up.

As the answering machine beeped Vaughn’s voice can be heard from a distance.

“Syd, Where are you? Call me.” Vaughn was worried. He hasn’t seen her for days he needed to hear her voice he missed her at this point she was the only thing keeping him sane after Lauren’s death ….….

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading :smiley:
-binx

Not bad for a first timer.. :smiley: Welcome to AA.com Bianca! I think it's safe to assume you are an Irina fan ;)

Please continue, I'd like to see where you are going with this story.

Detention Area (Sydney’s cell)

Sydney woke up with a splitting headache. She sat up slowly with her hand on her head- trying to remember all the day’s events. Her eyes scanned the area and somehow, everything looked surprisingly familiar to her. She has been lying in a steel bed. And then, she finally remembered where she saw this place before. It was the detention cell where they once held her mother, Irina Derevko.

Oh God, I’m being detained!

She spun around and found a pair of blue eyes staring back at her.

Sark.

Still a little dizzy, she walked slowly to face Sark. Sark on the other hand, instantly noticed that his new cell mate has awoken. He looked directly into her eyes callously. Sydney glared at him without blinking. For a while, they were just staring grimly at each other. Sydney decided to break the silence. She needed to know what happened to her during the time she was knocked out. She simply had no other choice to but to ask him.

“How long was I out?” she asked sharply.

“My, my, the great Sydney Bristow is being detained by her own agency. Although I’m rather pleased to see you here, I can’t help but wonder--”

“Save it Sark, just answer the question.”

Sark gave her a faint smile. He loved seeing her angry. He still respected Sydney although they were working for different organizations. So at least he’d give her some of her dignity by simply answering. No man should ever be this desperate, he thought.

“Do you really want to know? Honestly agent Bristow, I am aware of what Lauren Reed has told you. Now with that in mind, I’d think you would have come from Germany, if I am not mistaken,” he paused. “If you must know, you were out for about 6 hours. Now if you don’t mind, I’ll get back to what I was doing.” He turned away before she could even reply and went back on with his thoughts. He couldn’t help but feel pity for her…

Sydney was totally outraged- everything that happened to her in just one day! She never expected things would get this far. She never expected things would get this bad for her. She stood in a corner looking out the window, collecting her thoughts. She knew what she needed to do. Finally, she surrendered to the fact that in this business you can never ever trust anyone…Especially those who are truly close to you.

Back in Cairo

Nadia set out to meet the curator AL madi of the Cairo National Museum to collect the map of Rambaldi’s first key stone. According to the sphere of life, there were a total of seven keystones that they must collect to unleash Milo Rambaldi’s greatest secret. Nadia prepared for her mission; applied make-up, fixed her hair and outfit and the other necessary changes she needed for her alias as Paris Mariano.

It was already past 10 when they arrived at the museum and apparently, it was about to close. She reached the gates of the museum and held her comm. To the other line was her father.

“I’m in,” she whispered.

“Sorry, the museum is about to close. You can come back tomorrow,” the guard informed her with a stiff Arabic accent.

“I have an appointment with the curator.” She flashed her ID to the guard who instantly let her pass. Apparently, he has been informed of her arrival. Nadia made her way through the dark halls of the museum and glanced at the enticing beauty of the ancient relics and artifacts. She fought the urge to look around and headed directly to the curator’s office.

“I’m on my way to intercept the cryptex,” she said to the comm.

“Be careful. Keep you eyes open Nadia,” her father replied.

Nadia entered the curator’s office quietly and looked around. She panned her eyes searching for the curator but he was nowhere to be found. She felt uneasy. Something was wrong. She walked towards the curator’s table with caution. Then she noticed a golden globe with hieroglyphics around it.

This is the cryptex!

She recognized Rambaldi’s symbols among all the others immediately. She felt very much excited and thrilled, knowing she was close to finding the first keystone. Still looking closely at the relic, she turned her comm. back on and said, “I’ve got confirmation, the cryptex is here.”

“Okay, good,” Sloane answered.

“I’m heading for the rendezvous point.”

She scooped the globe into her arms carefully. When she turned around to leave, she heard a sudden single gunshot.

“Should I inquire? There has been a gunshot down here.”

“No just take the cryptex and leave.”

With the approval of her father, she put the cryptex into her snap sack. She knew she needed to be careful so she took her gun out. As she stepped out the curator’s office, a voice came from behind her.

“Leaving so soon Nadia?”

It was Mckenas Cole was holding the curator as hostage.

“Let him go,” Nadia demanded, instinctively pointing the gun at Cole.

“Now, now, we don’t need to be hasty, Nadia,” he said with a smirk. Nadia glanced at the curator. He was panicking and he looked dead scared- she needed to do something.

“Let him go!” she repeated.

Cole signaled two of his men to enter the office.

Arvin Sloane listened through the comm. and began to worry, knowing his daughter was now in danger of being compromised.

“You don’t play fair, do you Cole?” she said giving him a faint, fake smile. I can get out of this. I just need to beat him in his own game.
Cole laughed. “I never did.”

“Well maybe today you should consider it.” She knew he would consider it.

“I’ll let him go if you hand me the cryptex. What do you say?” he offered.

“How about winner takes all?” she challenged him, raising her eyebrows.

“I like how you think,” he replied playfully, knowing he shall take the cryptex no matter happened.

Cole and Nadia cautiously did their parts of the deal. Nadia placed the cryptex on the table while Cole slowly released the curator. Nadia raised her gun in the air giving Cole the signal to throw their weapons away. They started fighting. Nadia immediately gave him a roundhouse kick to the face which caused him lose his balance. Cole was able to stand up immediately.

“I clearly underestimated you,” he muttered breathlessly. Nadia ignored Cole and attacked him again instead- making him back up against the door.

Arvin Sloane could hear everything that was happening through the comm. Anxious and worried, he hopped off the van and rushed to help and save Nadia.

Nadia breathed heavily and started to feel more confident. I can do this, she told herself. She aimed a punch on his nose but he caught her arm and kicked her lower abdomen causing her to stumble and fall. She picked herself off the ground and cleared her mind. Now more focused, she was able to block all his reckless attacks. Finally, she attacked him more forcefully which caused him to back up in a corner with no escape. She reached for the stashed knife underneath her belt buckle. She prepared to stab him but then there were two guards approaching her. She made a back flip behind them and stabbed the guard to her right, as the other guard tried to strangle her. She elbowed the guard’s abdomen as she reached for his hand and twisted it. She gave him one final power kick to the face that immediately sent him on the floor. Her face was full of triumph for a few seconds but did not see Mckenas Cole had managed to find the gun and instantly pointed it towards her.

“Hand over the cryptex!” he demanded.

“I’d rather die than see the covenant take it!” she glared at him.

“You’re just like your sister…but that can be arranged.” He pointed the gun towards her.

This is it. Nadia closed her eyes weakly. Her heart sank realizing it was her doom. She hasn’t even got the chance to know her sister, mother and father. All of a sudden, she heard a gun shot from behind her. She opened her eyes to find Cole on his knees, whimpering in pain. She turned around to look at the shooter. It was her father holding out his hand towards her. Nadia felt a great relief but she could not deny the disappointment she was feeling for herself. Cole was pathetically begging for his life while Sloane pointed his gun at him, preparing to finish him off.

“You could have killed my daughter. Now I’m going to see to it that you will never have that chance again.”

But before he could shoot him, Nadia touched his arm gently. She looked straight at him and said softly, “If you really meant what you told me before, then please don’t do this.” Her eyes were pleading.

Sloane was surprised by the fact that his daughter was asking him to spare the life of someone who just attempted to kill her. At first, he hesitated but he eventually gave in knowing this is what she truly wanted. Nadia hurriedly tied Cole and his men up. Then she grabbed the cryptex while his father turned on the alarm. They rushed their way out and headed back to the jet, leaving Cole and his men to be found by the authorities.

A/N: sorry for the delay. heres the next chapter..tnx for reading-binx

Back