Games of Thrones = The Princess Bride? Perfect mashup!

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Just came across this one and figured some of you guys/gals might appreciate it. :D While I'm not watching Game of Thrones (no HBO at the house :() I do count The Princess Bride as a guilty pleasure.

I've read the book of the Princess Bride (both the one referred to in the film and the one based on the film). There are many interesting differences. When you read the one released after the film, it makes for a fascinating read because basically the author behind it is the child in bed being read to by Columbo :D What grandad did was take an exceptionally long, tediously boring book and skipped to the good parts - which, as the the author explains he discovered when he grew older and tracked down a copy of the original - which contains endless pages of the costs of living in the countries, prices of food and other mundane things lol

Anyways, where I was going with that... was that I love The Princess Bride!

The princess bride is one of those good films which has been forgotten about (I love the poison scene!) because of the name (too similar to princess diaries). So people don't watch it.

The princess bride is one of those good films which has been forgotten about (I love the poison scene!) because of the name (too similar to princess diaries). So people don't watch it.
I think the name alone is part of the problem. Even though it is a family-friendly movie with a lot of action & humor some guys I know would not watch it because with a name like "The Princess Bride" they would assume it is a movie aimed just at women.

Back