Ian Watkins of Lost Prophets Guilty of Child Sex Offences

Azhria Lilu

Captain
I was so gutted to read this. I've always been a fan of Lost Prophets, and thought Ian seemed like a nice guy too. Goes to show just how wrong you can be about someone. I feel so sorry for his bandmates right now.

Ian Watkins, singer of Welsh rock band Lostprophets, has pleaded guilty to a series of "depraved" child sex offences including attempted rape of a baby.

He had previously "furiously denied" the allegations.

The 36-year-old from Pontypridd and two women had been due to stand trial at Cardiff Crown Court.

Watkins pleaded guilty to attempted rape and sexual assault of a child under 13 but not guilty to rape. This was accepted by the prosecution.

Sentencing will take place on 18 December.

Prosecuting barrister Chris Clee QC told the court: "Ian Watkins was the lead singer in a successful band called the Lostprophets.

"He accepts he was a determined and committed paedophile."
Lostprophets' Ian Watkins guilty of child sex offences

What's sad about some of these people (read: predators) are that some are actually aware of their illness but simply unable to withstand the urge. There are a few recorded cases of that in Sweden, where they have sought help but received none until they've lost control and gone with the urge.

That being said, I absolutely despise any and all that involve themselves in such a heinous crime.

Back