NASA and 3D printer

NASA successfully tests 3D printed rocket components

Hi there. Well, as topic says, nasa using advanced 3D printing technology, for building ships for space flights. Great job guys! Not for nothing, there are movies about Nasa! ( no sarcasm and irony)
As you can read, by the link, such way of "creating" seems to be more efficent, than traditional. Anyway, it's a good news for humanity's space dreams, don't you think! (y)

3D printing has massive potential across all aspects of production. Because you can create items at a microscopic level you can create lighter, sturdier components. I think the combination of a 3D printer and a robotic assembly line could revolutionise how we construct space stations.

I wonder though, has anyone tried to 3D print a 3D printer?

Pretty cool technology at work. I just hope that when NASA takes it to the next step, of mastering using 3D printers in space for on-demand creation of specialty tools & whatnot, that they call them replicators. :D

And thus was created the first 3D printer repairman... ;)

I just hope that when NASA takes it to the next step, of mastering using 3D printers in space for on-demand creation of specialty tools & whatnot, that they call them replicators. :D

I hope they wait until a version that can whip up complex parts in a few seconds...otherwise, it would be like calling a really fast elevator a transporter. :smiley:

Back