Horror Scar Tissue

Okay, I know all Who fans are busy with new trailers, leaked scripts and the filming at St. Paul's but I'm just flagging up a new British movie opening in cinemas next week called "Scar Tissue". The writer/director is a lifelong fan, so it's perhaps not surprising that there are loads of 'Doctor Who' connections!

The film - a dark thriller with a sci-fi edge - stars Danny Horn (young Kazran from 'A Christmas Carol'), Shaun Dingwall (Pete Tyler) and a host of actors who've made appearances in New Who (Pete Lee-Wilson, Tim Faraday, Imogen Bain). Some of the crew came straight from working on the set at Roath Lock.

The film's score and theme song is composed by Mark Ayres, well known in fandom for his superb classic 'Doctor Who' scores and for being a big part of the relaunched Radiophonic Workshop. There's some great electronic and orchestral music in the movie.

"Scar Tissue" (Cert 18) opens at selected cinemas from Friday 25th July but before that (Weds 23rd) there's a special preview screening at the Prince Charles cinema off Leicester Square in London. Danny Horn, Mark Ayres and others will be there to take part in a Q&A after the showing. Tickets are available direct from the cinema ( http://www.princecharlescinema.com/i...onth=07&day=23 ) but there will be competitions to win free tickets online in the next few days. I'll post details soon!

If you want any more 'Doctor Who'-based incentive, Peter Capaldi was one of the first people to see the completed movie at the cast and crew screening…
wink.gif

Back