Sweet Seduction

you're really trying to make me go on an even bigger guilt trip than I already am - aren't you?

...good chapter - just missing some more Nadia/Sark... and I'll try and get around to reply to them all ..

Chapter Five.

Nadia sat on the bench staring at the ocean her thoughts a whirl as she watched the sea gulls.
She had just had another arguement with Eric.
Unbidden she felt a tear escape her eye and she didnt bother to wipe it away to occupied in her own miseries.
"Penny for your thoughts?" Sark's quiet voice cut through and Nadia quickly wiped away the tear before looking up at him.
She smiled at him struck by how just his presence seemed to lift her spirits.
She gestured to the bench she was sitting on and he sat down next to her careful not to sit to close and invade her space.
"Thanks for coming. . .Im sorry i asked you to meet me under such short notice" she said her voice slightly trembling even though she willed it not to.
He shook his head.
"I wanted to see you. . .You look upset." he said softly as he turned to face her his expression concerned.
Nadia took a deep breath before talking.
"I just had an argument with Eric. . .I know i shouldnt burden you . . But i just needed someone. . " she finally turned to face him her eyes pleading with him to understand.
He reached over and silently took her hand staring deep into her eyes.
"Nadia. . I know this probably wont sound appropriate but. . I want to be here for you. . Ever since the first time i saw you. . I just needed to know you. . I didnt want to scare you though . .After all you were married" he confessed as Nadia's eyes widened.
'He cant really mean that. .' She thought desperately wishing that was truly how he felt.
It was just that Eric had insulted her so often. . Made her feel so small and even worthless at times. . .That the thought that someone like Julian would feel that way about her. . . Well it seemed impossible.
Sark watched as her soulful brown eyes grew downcast and he tightened his grip on her tilting her chin up with his index finger.
"Im here Nadia. . Dont forget that. . ." he said reassuringly and it took all of her strength to not cry.
She then knew that he meant every word he had said. . .
"Your next assignment." Khasinau said off handishly as he flung the file across the desk at Sark.
Sark barely managed to stop himself from rolling his eyes.
Khasinau really needed to learn the thing called manners.
Sark almost reluctantly picked up the file and checked his next target.
Jack Bristow.
He ran his index finger over the photograph of the refined man as he pondered the consequences of this particular target.
Jack was Sydney Bristow's father. . Sydney was Nadia's sister. . .
The idea of elimanating Jack shouldnt have bothered him . .But for the first time he felt almost reluctant to kill this man. . .
"Agent Bristow will be at a CIA building situated in North Moscow. The premises will be deserted the only reason he will be there is because the CIA has been creating new machinery and advanced weaponary and he has been ordered to check on the CIA's latest developement." Khasinau explained.
"Your orders are to blow up the entire building and Jack who will be trapped in there at that time." He continued and Sark couldnt help but reflect dryly that the KGB seemed to have a penchant for blowing up their targets.
Moscow.

It was bitterly cold in Russia nearly all year round.
Sark should know this. After all he had spent most of his childhood there.
He was dressed in black combat gear as he skulked around the side of the four story building and with perfect aim he tranqed the guard who sat in the small hut at the front of the building.
He heard a burst of static and touched his comm link.
"Target is situated on the third floor in the east wing." the agent at base ops informed him.
"Copy that." Sark muttered as He then entered and made his way to the third floor.
Sure enough he spotted Jack in one of the various rooms, Jack standing over a complex machine.
Sark left and made his way to the top floor choosing a appropriate area to place the bomb.
He slowly made his way down the long brightly lit corridor peering into each room.
He stopped short suddenly at a strange but beautiful sight.
A small girl of only five years lay on a hospital bed staring at him with inquistive eyes.
Sark watched the child for a moment feeling oddly transfixed as she stared at him.
Then he cursed as realisation struck him.
Khasinau said the building would be empty. . .It wasnt.
Sark touched his comm link.
"Base ops this is Lonewolf. Asking permission to abort because of a unforseen incident." Sark hissed.
There was a burst of static. . .Then a cold voice.
"Permission not granted. Request denied. You must continue with the original plan."
Sark shut his eyes briefly at this.
It was truly a do or die moment for him and While Sark normally hardly believed in morals he wasnt that cold blooded to kill a innocent child.
He walked into the room and set down his duffle bag and began to set up the timer on the bomb.
He would set it for later. . That would risk Jack escaping but he had to do it.
He then turned to the bed and contemplated his next move.
Before he could give himself a chance to change his mind Sark scooped up the little girl into his arms and quickly made his way out of the building.
She didnt protest at all. . .Like he had thought she would.
Instead she just silently studied him as he burst out into the night.
He cursed out loud as he watched Jack exit the building safely and get into his car.
Jack had just drove away when the entire building burst into flames.
Sark exhaled watching as the flames licked at the ground.
He then looked at the tiny bundle in his arms and asked himself. What the hell had he just gotten himself into?

Please Review!

Well, Sark. Bet you didn't bank on becoming an instant father! But I am glad he decided to save the little girl rather than follow his orders to the letter.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Chapter Six.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Irina Derevko snapped as she paced the floor in Alexander Khasinau's office.
Khasinau raised his eyebrows watching her and feeling strangely surprised at her reaction.
"Tasking Mr Sark to kill the appointed officers of the CIA?" he asked knowing that was not what was bothering her.
She stopped walking and strode up to the desk glaring at him.
"You know that Nadia will ultimately get hurt in the end. . .It was extremely stupid of you to task him to her? Why not any other of the agents spouses?"
"Im sure Mr Sark would have bonded very well with Robert Lindsey's wife." he said wryly.
Irina glared at this and then she suddenly froze.
"Jack Bristow isnt on this list of yours is he?" she asked.
"Yes he is." Khasinau answered curtly.
Irina's eyes widened.
"Take him off instantly! We need him alive. " she snapped before whirling out of the office.
Khasinau tapped his index finger against the edge of the desk as he pondered this.
'Irina always did have a soft spot for Jack. . .' He thought amused.
Sark felt strangely like a coward as he knelt down on the cold cement floor cradling the child in his arms.
He was currently outside a orphanage in the more poorer area of Hollywood.
It was one in the morning and he was waiting for someone to answer the door.
He was beginning to lose hope of that when a full five minutes had passed and nobody opened the door.
Suddenly then without warning a light came on from inside the home and Sark gently placed the child.
"Im sorry. . .I have to go now. . ." he said almost sad as the little girl stared up at him with her eyes shining with a million questions.
He found himself wondering. . .Why had the child been placed in a CIA building?
He would never know the answer to that question, was the only thought that filled his mind as he ducked behind a tree to watch.
A old spanish woman opened the door.
She looked around first in confusion . .Then her eyes widened as she spotted the child.
"My poor thing! Which creul hearted person left you out here in the cold!" the woman exclaimed as she reached out and took hold of the child.
Sark winced at her choice of words and watched as she drew the child into the warm home.
Sark took one last look at the child and then he melted away into the darkness. . . .
Nadia was sitting in front of her laptop at home when Eric arrived.
It was one in the morning and she should have been asleep but Eric's absence made her feel strangely anxious and she was almost glad when she heard the front door slam shut.
He practically lunged into the lounge glaring at her.
"What the hell are you doing up at this hour?" he snapped rudely.
Nadia rolled her eyes.
"I could probably ask you the same question. . ." she muttered under her breath but Eric seemed to be distracted by something else.
He walked up to her and without warning began to kiss her.
She drew away from him feeling sickened.
He was drunk. Stoned drunk actually.
Angry that she had actually had the audacity to pull away from 'Him' he grabbed her pulling her out of her chair and shoved her viciously against the wall.
He reached for the hem on her t- shirt and she tried to move away.
"Dont touch me. . .Youre drunk." she said disgusted.
"In case you forgot youre my WIFE." he nearly yelled the words out loud as he drew back his hand and slapped her.
She froze then utterly horrified.
Eric had done many things to her in the past. . .But using violence? That scared her to her very core and she Desperately twisted and struggled gaining some leverage she flung him aside and watched as he struggled to stagger to his feet.
Quickly she grabbed her car keys and ran out of the apartment hearing him bellow after her. "Get back in here you stupid. . ."
fortunately for her she didnt get to hear the rest. . .
Sark stared at his reflection in the bathroom mirror.
He didnt know why but he suddenly felt older right then, that mysterious little girl had awakened a flurry of unusual emotions for him. . .
Not to mention the fact that
he hadnt eliminated his target and that currently made him dead meat. . .
The door bell rang then and he cautiously peered through the peephole before opening.
His eyes widened as he saw Nadia standing there her hair disheveled and her one cheek suspicously red. . .
"Nadia. . What happened?" he asked worriedly as he drew her into his apartment.
She stared at him for a moment her brown eyes wild with emotion.
"Eric. . .He hit me. . ." she stammered akwardly.
Sark's eyes narrowed.
"That son of a bitch. . ."
"He was drunk. . .Thats probably why he did this. . " Nadia said quickly but Sark shook his head.
"That doesnt make it right. .Nadia you really cant tolerate this anymore."
she stared at him her eyes wide with fear and her lower lip trembling.
"I cant. . .I cant just leave him. . " she mumbled as Sark sighed and led her over to his couch.
He retrieved a ice pack from the kitchen and gently held it to her face.
She moaned slightly in pain and he grabbed her hand tightly.
"Sshh. . .It will hurt at first love." he whispered soothingly.
After a few minutes Nadia leaned back against his chest and looked up into his pale eyes pleadingly.
"Can i stay the night here with you. . . Please?" she whispered.
"Of course you can stay sweet sweet Nadia. ." he murmured adjusting her head so that it rested against his heart.
She closed her eyes gratefully, listening to the steady sound of his heart beat and for the first time in ages she felt truly safe and comforted. . .

Please Review. . . And im hoping to bring the little girl back into the plot soon. . .

I hope Sark puts Eric out of his misery (a bullet between the eyes). Also, I wonder if Jack will be dropped from the 'drop dead' list? And who is the little girl?

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Back