Horror Tusk

Alien Soup

Head Chef
[MOVIE]Tusk (tt3099498)[/MOVIE]

The first trailer for Kevin Smith's new horror movie, Tusk, premiered at Comic-Con. Tusk stars Justin Long as a podcaster who investigates weird things for his audience. He finds himself trapped in remote Canada, held hostage by a seaman, played by Michael Parks, who has some weird tales about walruses and has special plans for Long. Haley Joel Osment (The Sixth Sense) also stars.on September 19. Check it out:

Kevin Smith says that this is the first part of a True North horror trilogy - he plans to make two more films set in Canada. Part 2 is tentatively titled "Yoga-Hosers" and is to be PG-13 and starring teenagers, while Part 3 is labeled "Moose Jaws", which might be for a younger audience - or not (unclear)

Source: Kevin Smith Mentions Minor Details About Upcoming Horror Trilogy
I'm not sure about Yoga-Hosers as it sounds a bit like a rift on Clerks but Moose Jaws... I'd watch that. :blush:

The second film will be called Yoga-Hosers, and it's apparently a "Tusk spin-off" and will star the same Tusk cast, and this one is going for a PG-13 rating. It's about "two characters in a convenience store in Tusk that you see for five minutes" who end up getting an entire movie, and the leads are two 15-year-old girls. ... Lastly, the third film is something we have only heard mentioned before once that he described simply as: Moose Jaws, which is also the title, as he references in this blog post. Basically it will be Jaws, but with a moose (this is a horror trilogy inspired by Canadian lore and history, of course). He said there's a scene that is pretty much a moose just grabbing kids right out of a lake.

pass. looks gross.
I'd love to see something (based on a more mainstream director) based on the Northern Guard comix. Kind of a Canadian Avengers.

Back