What Happens to zombies that don't eat?

Shelley_c

Ensign
I'm not sure if this has been asked but I thought i'd throw it out there. :D

What happens to the infected (walkers) that don't eat? Do they suffer from any adverse affects like starvation, lose stamina the ability to attack efficiently? Or Die (again)?

What's your thoughts on this as the first weeks/months of the infection may people would have died/turned and food would become more scarce as time passes as it does for humans who haven't turned.

Does this rule apply to the infected and what adverse affects would we see? :smiley:

Hello! :cat:

I think that they said that the Walkers that Michonne had with her were starving. They had somewhat adapted to their condition. I wonder if more Walkers were kept like Michonne's Walkers would they become less of a threat.

I have been wondering if Walkers go to the bathroom. I mean we eat and have to go to the bathroom. However they are undead but still eat stuff. It is just a strange thought that I had.

Good observation & memory. I forgot about those 2 zombies with their jaws cut off,mouth bound and chained up being starved by Michonne. They do seem to adapt and become less of a threat somewhat.

Another good question and certainly not strange. I'd assume that they do their daily duty releasing any material they have sitting digested inside they're stomachs for a length amount of time. Of course, i wouldn't imagine they would specifically head to the bathroom but would assume they did it where they stand. :P :LOL:

I'm not sure if this has been asked but I thought i'd throw it out there. :D

What happens to the infected (walkers) that don't eat? Do they suffer from any adverse affects like starvation, lose stamina the ability to attack efficiently? Or Die (again)?

What's your thoughts on this as the first weeks/months of the infection may people would have died/turned and food would become more scarce as time passes as it does for humans who haven't turned.

Does this rule apply to the infected and what adverse affects would we see? :smiley:

They slowly die of starvation, not as fast as an alive person would tho..

Yup, just like the others have said be fore me. Walkers do starve but at a much slower rate than humans and it doesn't show as much. As well as what was said about the two chained walkers, after their jaws were cut off, they eventually lost the desire for human flesh. So who knows, maybe there is hope for the remaining survivors. ;) Though since everyone is infected, there would always be a danger of another break out if no cure is made.

Hello! :cat:

I have been wondering how long it would take for most of the Walkers to simple stop living so to speak. I would think that there are not many people that are alive anymore. I know that they do eat animals. Would they eat each other.

Would they eat each other.
I can think of one scene where we've seen that already; in the episode where Daryl & Carol come across the camper in the woods who hanged himself the only thing that was left of his legs were the bones and Daryl said it was because other walkers feasted on him.

Back