Sci-Fi 12 Monkeys (syfy)

Alien Soup

Head Chef
Title: 12 Monkeys

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama

First aired: 2015-01-16

Creator: Travis Fickett, Terry Matalas

Cast: Aaron Stanford, Amanda Schull, Barbara Sukowa, Emily Hampshire, Alisen Down, Todd Stashwick

Overview: The provocative story of Cole, a time traveler from a decimated future in a high-stakes race against the clock. Utilizing a dangerous and untested method of time travel, he journeys from 2043 to the present day on a mission to locate and eradicate the source of a deadly plague that will all but annihilate the human race.
12 Monkeys (syfy)

SyFy has ordered 12 episodes of 12 Monkeys, a drama based on the 1995 Universal Pictures film directed by Terry Gilliam and starring Bruce Willis & Brad Pitt. 12 monkeys, 12 episodes -- coincidence?

The series is written & co-executive produced by Terry Matalas & Travis Fickett (Nikita) is scheduled for a January 2015 premiere. The show will follow the journey of a time traveler (Aaron Stanford) from the post-apocalyptic future who appears in present day on a mission to locate and eradicate the source of a deadly plague that will eventually decimate the human race. Amanda Schull, Noah Bean and Kirk Acevedo also star.

“12 Monkeys is a captivating time travel adventure and high stakes race against the clock,” said Syfy president Dave Howe.

SyFy has released their first trailer for the TV series adaption of 12 Monkeys. Looks like it could be an interesting drama.

Wow, the film was almost 20 years ago? As if I needed another reason to feel old...

It'll be interesting to see how well they do with a TV adaptation of a movie. Trying to recall others who've done the same...

12 Monkeys has been renewed for a second season.

I have yet to watch any of the first season. :giveup:

I've watched some of it, but if you don't watch all of it it is hard to follow. Plot line and character personalities are very complex, and it seems to vary by which time line the character is in. Interesting -wish I had more time to watch it.

SyFy has placed an order for a 3rd season of 12 Monkeys. Surprisingly I haven't seen any of this yet.

As my TV blew up I watch dvd's and 12 Monkeys the series promised to go beyond the original movie in so many promising ways. There were great plot lines criss crossing each other or falling apart. Never boring and never maudlin in the suburban soap sense. The characters were individuals and not stereo types. For example the women did not really want to have a baby and a house and and and --- in fact they were they leaders of men. Excellent stuff---until the last two episodes. It didn't so much fall down as go into froth and bilge and so far away from everything these imaginative stories and the plot and the raison d'etre of the series itself.
I blame producers. They think they know best. But by making it so awful so predictable so sodden if ruined it all.

Back