Sci-Fi Children of Men

ryanseanoreilly

ryanseanoreilly
I just reviewed the movie "Children of Men" by Alfonso Cuaron as part of my podcast "No Deodorant In Outer Space" (www.nodeodorant.com). This is simply a great movie. The director stitched together camera work in a number of scenes to create some harrowing long-shots. Really cool with all the action going on. The movie is pretty different than the book, which I usually find to be a negative, but here it works. The story is more action based and sort of revolutionary. Also, they pretty much eliminated the strange relationship between the protagonist and his cousin (which I found to be an intriguing part of the book). Still it's great and worth checking it out (if you haven't already). This director also directed "Gravity" and one of the more popular "Harry Potter" movies.

On another note, the book (by the recently deceased thriller writer P.D. James) is worth checking out as well. There is a reflective depends to its storyline that kind of strikes you after you read it. I reviewed the book much more thoroughly in th Books Forum.

Both book and movie were discussed/debated on my podcast: Review: “The Children of Men” by P.D. James and “Children of Men” by Alfonso Cuaron (Clive Owen)

Podcast_Logo_-_Deodorant8.png

Back