Sci-Fi Dinosaur Island (2014)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Dinosaur Island

Tagline: Their world is closer than you think.

Genre: Adventure, Science Fiction, Family

Director: Matt Drummond

Cast: Darius Williams-Watt, Kate Rasmussen, Joe Bistaveous, Juliette Frederick, Vincent Naviti, Paul Padagas, Nicole Yardley, Albert Allu, Helen Audsley, Diana Babajanyan, Lin Ray Bambu, William Bambu, Delta Tijo Bang, Sophie Barroh, Jenna Begly

Release: 2014-12-01

Runtime: 90

Plot: The adventure begins when Lucas, a 13 year old boy, embarks on the vacation of a lifetime. When disaster strikes, Lucas finds himself stranded in a strange land littered with ghost ships and prehistoric creatures. While searching for other signs of life, Lucas hears a radio broadcast in the distance and is drawn into the jungle where he encounters a beautiful young girl who claims to have come from the 1950s. Together they set out on a quest to get home all the while uncovering secrets that will forever change the future.
Dinosaur Island (2014)

While aimed at younger audiences I want to see it anyway -
I mean - It's got DINOSAURS!

The Arclight link has a different trailer on it.

There was a really rotten movie with that title out a few years ago, involving crashed pilots or something. This one looks much better.

I mean - It's got DINOSAURS!
And for that reason alone I'll likely try to watch it also. :D

Nothing on Netflix yet for it. There's a 2002 cartoon and a 1994 movie that sounds like the one @screenersam is describing. The one Screenersam is thinking of might also be "Raptor Island" from 2004.

And for that reason alone I'll likely try to watch it also. :D

Nothing on Netflix yet for it. There's a 2002 cartoon and a 1994 movie that sounds like the one @screenersam is describing. The one Screenersam is thinking of might also be "Raptor Island" from 2004.
Amazon.com: Dinosaur Island [VHS]: Ross Hagen, Richard Gabai, Antonia Dorian, Griffin Drew, Michelle Bauer, Peter Spellos, Tom Shell, Steve Barkett, Toni Naples, Bob Sheridan, Nikki Fritz, Becky LeBeau, Robin Chaney, Wendy Griffen, Deborah Dutch, Wendy Spahr, Carrie Curtis, Jennifer Klein, Darlene Sellers, Diana Brown, Pam Green, Lisa Biossat, Sheri Hicks, Julie Baltay, Christopher Wooden, Fred Olen Ray, Jim Wynorski: Movies & TV
not recommended for children or animals...

don't do Netflix. wonder if Redbox has it?