Sci-Fi Humans

AlienView

StarGate Explorer
Title: Humans

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Drama, Mystery

First aired: 2015-06-14

Creator: Jonathan Brackley, Sam Vincent

Cast: Katherine Parkinson, Gemma Chan, Emily Berrington, Lucy Carless, Colin Morgan, Theo Stevenson, Pixie Davies, Tom Goodman-Hill, Ivanno Jeremiah, Ruth Bradley, Billy Jenkins, Ukweli Roach, Dino Fetscher, Mark Bonnar, Holly Earl

Overview: In a parallel present where the latest must-have gadget for any busy family is a 'Synth' - a highly-developed robotic servant that's so similar to a real human it's transforming the way we live.
Humans

This just started a few weeks ago - I saw episode 3 tonight.

From IMDb:

"In a parallel present where the latest must-have gadget for any busy family is a 'Synth' - a highly-developed robotic servant that's so similar to a real human it's transforming the way we live."

MV5BNzQyMDEyNjYzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTg3NjY3NTE@._V1_SY317_CR100,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/humans/episode-guide

I think they are showing it for free from the original broadcaster?

RECOMMENDED!!! especially if you like intelligent android sci-fi !

I've caught the first three episodes (BBCA ran all of them straight tonight) and I'm getting a very I, Robot (movie) feel from it. What is keeping me curious is the flashbacks to the car crash.

Humans has been picked up for a second season.

The more episodes I watch the more I appreciate William Hurt as an actor.

Last episode of this season Sunday BUT:

"Humans (stylised as HUM∀NS) is a British-American science fiction television series, which debuted in June 2015 on Channel 4 and AMC.[1] Written by the British team Sam Vincent and Jonathan Brackley, based on the award-winning Swedish science fiction drama Real Humans, the series explores the emotional impact of the blurring of the lines between humans and machines. The series is produced jointly by AMC, Channel 4 and Kudos.[2] Eight episodes were produced for the first series,[3] and on 31 July 2015, Humans was renewed for an eight-episode second series to air in 2016.[4]"
Humans (TV series) - Wikipedia

Love androids - Seriously beginning to believe they are the next stage in Evolution - Biological life is inherently flawed by it very nature - Biological entities need to eat other forms of biological live to survive - Electro/Mechanical life forms, such as androids would not need to digest other live forms to survive and could probably live entirely off of solar power. This is one reason Humans are scared of conscious AI
{artificial intelligence} and deny it will ever happen. I say treat your machines right today and maybe they will put up with you and allow you to survive - Biological life in the universe may after all turn out to be no more than an anomaly that eventually discovers its alien electro/mechnamical roots!!!

SCIENCEFICTIONALISM the Religion of the FUTURE
UNIVERSAL SPACE ALIEN PEOPLES ASSOCIATION

If you are keeping up with this, they are up to Season 3.

Much better than the American 'android' series Westworld.

In this series we see the development
and beginning of 'Synth' {android} consciousness - Another words the holy grail of artificial intelligence
Computers that can think as though alive! - Androids that can function like, and better than
Human!