13 Going on 30 News

Azhria Lilu

Captain
Actors Andy Serkis (Gollum in "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers") and Samuel Ball ("Pumpkin") have landed roles in Gary Winnick's "13 Going on 30" for Revolution Studios. The film stars Jennifer Garner ("Daredevil"), Mark Ruffalo ("View From The Top" and Judy Greer ("Adaptation").

The story centers on a 13-year-old girl named Jenna who dreams of being popular. During her birthday party, she plays the kissing game Seven Minutes in the Closet. The game turns out to be a humiliating experience for her, and she refuses to come out of the closet. When she does emerge, she finds herself five days shy of her 30th birthday.

Serkis will play the adult Jenna's boss, and Ball will play her boyfriend, a New York Rangers hockey player, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

British-born Serkis is currently working on Peter Jackson's "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"). Ball will be seen next in Isaac H. Eaton's "Dry Cycle" opposite Marisa Coughlan.

"13 Going on 30" goes into production next month in Los Angeles.

Source: Zap2it.com

Another, similar story from Empire Online:

Proving that donning a fetching wetsuit and gargling in an unfeasibly creepy voice can do wonders for your career, Brit actor Andy Serkis has landed his first part post-Gollum opposite no less than Alias and Daredevil starlet, Jennifer Garner.

Presumably ditching the rasping tones and deathly hue of his last role as The Lord of the Rings' Smeagol, Serkis will next appear in romantic comedy 13 Going on 30 in which Garner plays a rather confused 29-year-old. In a typically barmy plot to make even the most contrived of screenwriters proud, the movie follows a 13-year-old girl named Jenna who dreams of being popular. To this end, she agrees to play a humiliating kissing game, Seven Minutes in the Closet, at her birthday party only to emerge at the end of it to find herself five days shy of her 30th birthday. We told you it was barmy.

Serkis will play the boss of the adult Jenna throughout all this malarkey which also counts Mark Ruffalo and up-and-comin

So will Jennifer Garner actually play the 13 year old version of herself, or will they get a younger actress to do it? It would be weird if it wasn't her...And I have to say, after seeing her play the 7th-grader on SNL, I really think she could pull it off. If the hair and makeup people could come through, I know she could do her part perfectly.

Aww no...I don't want her to play this part. It's nerdy...she needs a hot studly role, it dpesnt have to be daredevilish, just something you know "cool"

I doubt that she'll play the 13-year old. They will probably cast some kids to play the roles of those who are at the party.

She won't do the 16th year old, but would be a nice movie after all.

With Jennifer, she can pull off anything!

Jen is getting 3 million for this. I think the film's going to be rather cutesy. She's going to have to act like a 13 year old. This shall be interesting after seeing her pull off Wakeup in Wakefield on SNL.

Absolubtly amazing! Excuse me if I said absolubtly wrong. I think I did. Anyways, I'm defenitely going to see this movie. It's going to be amazing. I can't wait. Any movie that Jennifer Garner's in is amazing. Well, maybe not so much for Dude Where's my Car. But all her other one are amazing. It is just like a new version of Big. Except in this movie it's with Jennifer Garner who is well duh, a woman. Anyways, I'm going to see this movie either way. If it gets good or bad reviews, (which I hope it doesn't but every movie gets bad reviews some time or another) then I'll still see it anyways.

Back