evolution of relationships

As we enter season four, and have seen all who have come and gone from the show, who do you/will you miss the most in the long term?
It's almost as though we never had a chance to get to know Irina, Kendall, Tippin, the original Francie; but maybe that's the key to the show's success, that it never stayed too long in one place, focusing on one character dynamic.
Yeah, this question may have been posted elsewhere and in other forms, but we've got about 9 days to the new season, so why not ask it now?
:cool:

Kendall ain't gone forever, so that's good. Will is also back this year. irina OBVIOUSLY I miss (as do most ppl). Francie (the original) also, DEF.

I also miss Noah like hell. (n) And Danny, even. :lol:

i of course miss irina. she just, she blows me away, seriously.
i kinda miss will, so i'm glad he's back.
i majorly miss normal francie. she was the sweetest girl ever! grrr...stupid evil francie
noah, eh, i'm not sure. he was okay. he had really bad teeth (yeah i'm shallow)
danny was so sweet. he was the guy that if sydney wasn't in sd-6 or the cia and was just sydney the way she had to be with normal francie and will before he found out, then danny would be perfect for her. but the whole spying thing kinda screws that up. lol...

m-c

mexico city said:
As we enter season four, and have seen all who have come and gone from the show, who do you/will you miss the most in the long term?
It's almost as though we never had a chance to get to know Irina, Kendall, Tippin, the original Francie; but maybe that's the key to the show's success, that it never stayed too long in one place, focusing on one character dynamic.
Yeah, this question may have been posted elsewhere and in other forms, but we've got about 9 days to the new season, so why not ask it now?
[post="1129041"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well, first and foremost, of course, I want Irina (meaning Lena Olin) back. Not only is she fascinating, she's a key element of the ongoing plot, and a lot of what went wrong in S3 (not that S3 was all bad) flows directly from her absence. She's needed as Syd's mother, as heroine/villainess (I tend to see her as both), as a reminder that Sloane doesn't have the underworld all to himself, as Nadia's mom, etc.

Sometimes I think I'm one of the few people who really liked Kendall. I'd like to see more of him, and I'd like him to be one of the good guys.

I wouldn't mind seeing Will Tippen get a chance to pay Sark back, either. (It doesn't have to be physically. There are other ways.)

I wouldn't mind seeing Anna put in a return appearance.

This is going be an unpopular call, I suspect, but I want Lauren back, as Vaughn's personal teasing devil and another ongoing enemy. It might be fun to see an entire episode focusing purely on V and L, having to work together on some critical mission (maybe Vaughn is in it to save Sydney or Jack or the like). The bickering alone (if the writers did it right) could be worth the effort.

VAUGHN: "...and while we're on the subject, what the frick is up with your accent, anyway?!"

mexico city said:
[post="1129041"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

The original Francie...well, there's a basic problem.

With only so many air-minutes available per ep, there's a limit to how many side-plots can exist without crowding core plots off-stage. Any ongoing 'civilian' friend or other relationship in Syd's life is going to rapidly exhaust the possibilities available for the limited time. Either the character has to be brought into the game in some way i.e. Will Tippen, or replaced/killed/doubled (like Francie).

Let's face it, suppose Francie had lived...what is her character's role in the story?

There simply isn't air time to go into troubles with the restaurant, or her romantic life, or whatever. Most 'ordinary' plot problems would either be irrelevant to Syd's life, or too easily solved (An abusive boyfriend, say? How long would it take Sydney or Jack to do something about that?).

The problem is going to apply to all the ongoing 'civilian' characters in Sydney's life, too.

NumberSix said:
The original Francie...well, there's a basic problem.

With only so many air-minutes available per ep, there's a limit to how many side-plots can exist without crowding core plots off-stage.  Any ongoing 'civilian' friend or other relationship in Syd's life is going to rapidly exhaust the possibilities available for the limited time.  Either the character has to be brought into the game in some way i.e. Will Tippen, or replaced/killed/doubled (like Francie). 

Let's face it, suppose Francie had lived...what is her character's role in the story? 

There simply isn't air time to go into troubles with the restaurant, or her romantic life, or whatever.  Most 'ordinary' plot problems would either be irrelevant to Syd's life, or too easily solved (An abusive boyfriend, say?  How long would it take Sydney or Jack to do something about that?).

The problem is going to apply to all the ongoing 'civilian' characters in Sydney's life, too.
[post="1129618"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

yeah that's why Charlie got written out. TOo many people, and not enough airtime. Francie and Charlie were supposed to get married at the end of Season 1, and that was supposed to be am ajor plot point.

Back in the day, Alias was supposed to be pretty close to what Felicity was. I'm glad it didn't go that way.

Back