Paranormal Lets talk about Paranormal encounters:

ByGoneYrs

Gaelic Oracle
Hello everyone,

Lets talk about Paranormal encounters that we might have had in our lives. Almost everyone has had some type of unexplained encounter in their life, that they can relate to us on this thread. All I ask is keep a open mind and be friendly and honest with what you might have encountered. I have encounter quite a few encounters in my own life and I am willing to share my encounters with others. I do not try to make anyone believe anything, I just express what has happened to me and tell what happened. I let you the reader be the judge. All I ask is have a open mind and maybe share some of your own encounters with us all on this thread.

The first encounter is one that I posted about on another thread here, that I will repost here to start off this thread with.

"In my learning on this subject, once the mortal body dies, the soul is set free and ascends out of this existence and passes on. I have seen a person die, and watched that light that every living person has in their eyes fade. Then the body was covered, and for a while nothing happened. I was with a friend as his mother passed away from cancer, I was there in the room. As we stood there alone, we watched as the sheet that covered his mother lifted of the body and kept the shape of the body it was covered and lifted up to the ceiling. Once it touched the ceiling, it dropped to the floor. Thinking back I remember as it lifted up there seem to be a mass of milky clear like energy in the shape of the body under the sheet that seem to disappear as the sheet hit the ceiling. All I can say to that is that was the Soul leaving the physical body and it ascended out of our living existence. Now I should say that these are my own beliefs and I am not trying to make anyone believe in my own beliefs on this subject."

Penn

Bygone3.gif

Seriously, Never had one in 56 years.

I had a few times where I thought it was paranormal but evidence proved it wasn't.

Recently I have been staying up later at night watching movies in a darkened room.
I catch black flashes sometimes from the corner of my eye.
It is a result of watching a lit screen in a dark room.

I have even went as far as hanging out in cemetaries in the past hoping to see something.
Nothing. Even ones famous for..."hauntings".

I have seen people die both peacefully and traumatically.
I have stayed in supposedly haunted houses.
I even tried to witness a possession.

Nothing that can't be explained in a reasonable and logical fashion.

Frankly, I wish I could witness anything paranormal.

You wish for something that others wish they could not encounter. Some that have the ability to sense, see, and hear wish they sometimes never had the "gift" or "curse" as they may refer to it as. All I can say is don't wish for something that you might not be prepared to deal with. To everyone that gets involved in this topic I strongly advise that they have a strong faith in a supreme being and that they truly believe. Most encounters happen to those that really were not looking for them, and when they do have an encounter it rocks them to their very core.

See, perhaps that might be my problem.
I do not subscribe to religious 'beliefs'.
I know what death is and I am not afraid of it.

I've expressed my ideas (here) on a multitude of different beliefs others put a lot of weight into but have yet to find anything that reveals anything to the contrary of my own assessments. I have been looking for a long time.

Physics is a difficult thing to get around when talking about ghosts and spirits.
Demons seem to be only witnessed by the religious.
Alien abductions only happen to others.
Bigfoot isn't interested in my property.

All I can say is don't wish for something that you might not be prepared to deal with.
Even your 'warning' is used to try to instill a foreboding in me that isn't possible.
It is intended to create an opening to allow my imagination to run rampid.
Problem is my imagination far exceeds my fear threshold.

The things that scare me are things that real, living people do.
Witches are scary because of their capacity to torture and kill another human being.
Not because of any power they may think they gain.
Much the same way I fear a terrorist that is willing to behead someone for their beliefs.

There is no such thing as good or evil.
Only the good or evil that people do to each other.
Good and evil is a concept of morality.
A concept of a thinking animal. Humans.
In nature, there is no good or evil. Just live or die.
Something dies so something else can live.

I have no problem allowing anyone to live in their own fears but I refuse to allow others to demand that I share their fears for no good reason.

Many years ago I had a encounter when I shared a apartment with a roommate/friend. We lived on the ground floor (first floor) of a twin home. A twin is a home type that has a party wall in the center and there are two homes linked on either side. Now this twin had been two single family homes with cellars on either side and three floors. Now the land lord lived on the right side twin and the left twin was sub divided into three apartments. Thus a 2 bedroom on the first floor (that I rented), a second floor that had another 2 bedroom apartment and a third floor that was a 1 bedroom apartment.

So one night I and my roommate were doing dishes in the kitchen. The sink was next to the party wall, and directly behind the sink was a hallway that lead out of the kitchen and along the party wall. Now off that hallway, you had the bathroom, and then the first bedroom (mine) and the second bedroom(my roommates), and then the hallway ended at the rear door out of the apartment to a deck and the backyard.

As I was saying my roommate and I were doing dishes. I was washing them in the sink and he was drying. We were talking and as we were doing the dishes, my roommate stopped talking and just stared down the hallway past me. I stopped talking and turned around to see what he was looking at. It was dark down the hallway, but I could see light coming in the back doors window which gave a little bit of light. I next noticed my cat on his hind legs facing my roommates doorway and swatting at something with his paws. As I looked closer I realized I was seeing a woman bent over at the waste and bending out into the hallway. She was wearing a Victorian style great ball type dress, and had shoulder length hair. She was reaching out and trying to pet the cat.

Now as I was looking at this I realized that she was glowing milky white and I could partially see through her. I was shocked and I know my roommate was also shocked. He then dropped the plate he had been drying, and as the dish hit the floor the woman looked down the hall at us. We both froze, and as she looked at us she smiled at us. Now I looked into her eyes and they were like endless pools that seemed to draw you in. As this happened the cat dashed down the hallway into the kitchen and then further away in the apartment. So as she smiled the women seem to stand upright back into my roommates doorway and she was gone from our sight.

I turned to my roommate and said" did you see all that, and he related to me what he had just seen too". Realize that we were both ex-US Army Airborne Rangers going to college, and neither of us were scared of anything. I told him we need to see where she went, so we both started to walk down the hallway. First we tried the hall light, flipped the switch and nothing happened. Next we walked down the dark hallway and tried to turn on the bathroom light, that worked but nothing in there. Then we came to my bedroom, and he made me enter my dark bedroom and turn on the light in there. Nothing in there, but it was cold and dark. We both felt that cold and goose bumps all over as we moved closer to his room. I joked with him that there is only his bedroom next, and well he was going in to turn on the light in his room. I said maybe she is single, she is in his bedroom. I had a girlfriend and he was complaining about not being able to find any woman to date. I told him here is your chance, I also said just if we get in there and she is still there. Don't scream "Get Her" it was around the time when Ghostbusters came out and we both remember that scarry ghost encounter in the movie in the library! So we moved down to his bedroom and looked in, it was cold and we could see our breath as we stood there with the light coming in from the back door). Now the room was pitch black, and he was very reluctant to reached in and flipped on the light. Nothing was there but it was cold. We looked around his bedroom, and checked the two windows. They were both locked tight and the shades and drapes were all closed. We then checked that the back door was locked as well.

We both stayed up for hours that night talking about the encounter and reviewing what we had both seen. We both had served together in the US Army Airborne Rangers within the same company / platoon / squad, and we were both trained as Cavalry Scouts (19D) and Forward Observers (13F) as well as Snipers. So we both paid attention to details and we recalled the details of our encounter with each other. For the both of us the most scarry part was when the ghost turned her head towards us and first smiled at us and then looking into her black eyes. That was extremely scarry and made the hair on my body stand up and chills up and down my back. My roommate/friend and I had seen some really terrible things before that, but that part of that encounter really shook us both greatly.

Many years ago I had a encounter when I shared a apartment with a roommate/friend. We lived on the ground floor (first floor) of a twin home. A twin is a home type that has a party wall in the center and there are two homes linked on either side. Now this twin had been two single family homes with cellars on either side and three floors. Now the land lord lived on the right side twin and the left twin was sub divided into three apartments. Thus a 2 bedroom on the first floor (that I rented), a second floor that had another 2 bedroom apartment and a third floor that was a 1 bedroom apartment.

So one night I and my roommate were doing dishes in the kitchen. The sink was next to the party wall, and directly behind the sink was a hallway that lead out of the kitchen and along the party wall. Now off that hallway, you had the bathroom, and then the first bedroom (mine) and the second bedroom(my roommates), and then the hallway ended at the rear door out of the apartment to a deck and the backyard.

As I was saying my roommate and I were doing dishes. I was washing them in the sink and he was drying. We were talking and as we were doing the dishes, my roommate stopped talking and just stared down the hallway past me. I stopped talking and turned around to see what he was looking at. It was dark down the hallway, but I could see light coming in the back doors window which gave a little bit of light. I next noticed my cat on his hind legs facing my roommates doorway and swatting at something with his paws. As I looked closer I realized I was seeing a woman bent over at the waste and bending out into the hallway. She was wearing a Victorian style great ball type dress, and had shoulder length hair. She was reaching out and trying to pet the cat.

Now as I was looking at this I realized that she was glowing milky white and I could partially see through her. I was shocked and I know my roommate was also shocked. He then dropped the plate he had been drying, and as the dish hit the floor the woman looked down the hall at us. We both froze, and as she looked at us she smiled at us. Now I looked into her eyes and they were like endless pools that seemed to draw you in. As this happened the cat dashed down the hallway into the kitchen and then further away in the apartment. So as she smiled the women seem to stand upright back into my roommates doorway and she was gone from our sight.

I turned to my roommate and said" did you see all that, and he related to me what he had just seen too". Realize that we were both ex-US Army Airborne Rangers going to college, and neither of us were scared of anything. I told him we need to see where she went, so we both started to walk down the hallway. First we tried the hall light, flipped the switch and nothing happened. Next we walked down the dark hallway and tried to turn on the bathroom light, that worked but nothing in there. Then we came to my bedroom, and he made me enter my dark bedroom and turn on the light in there. Nothing in there, but it was cold and dark. We both felt that cold and goose bumps all over as we moved closer to his room. I joked with him that there is only his bedroom next, and well he was going in to turn on the light in his room. I said maybe she is single, she is in his bedroom. I had a girlfriend and he was complaining about not being able to find any woman to date. I told him here is your chance, I also said just if we get in there and she is still there. Don't scream "Get Her" it was around the time when Ghostbusters came out and we both remember that scarry ghost encounter in the movie in the library! So we moved down to his bedroom and looked in, it was cold and we could see our breath as we stood there with the light coming in from the back door). Now the room was pitch black, and he was very reluctant to reached in and flipped on the light. Nothing was there but it was cold. We looked around his bedroom, and checked the two windows. They were both locked tight and the shades and drapes were all closed. We then checked that the back door was locked as well.

We both stayed up for hours that night talking about the encounter and reviewing what we had both seen. We both had served together in the US Army Airborne Rangers within the same company / platoon / squad, and we were both trained as Cavalry Scouts (19D) and Forward Observers (13F) as well as Snipers. So we both paid attention to details and we recalled the details of our encounter with each other. For the both of us the most scarry part was when the ghost turned her head towards us and first smiled at us and then looking into her black eyes. That was extremely scarry and made the hair on my body stand up and chills up and down my back. My roommate/friend and I had seen some really terrible things before that, but that part of that encounter really shook us both greatly.
Wow!, I never had an encounter like that, that's pretty awesome bro! I wonder if you could have gotten on film, and would it have worked? I reckon spirts my be stuck in between the after life and life? Maybe even the 4 dimension peeking in on the third? I dunno, but it pretty spooky. Maybe people in the past are like a tape recording, recorded over a tape recording and you are picking up those recordings of the subject in question, you never can tell, or maybe its just plain ol' evil spirits claiming their territory? Wow!:cool:

Well in my above encounter with the Ghost woman, it was a interactive encounter not just a playback. Now it was interactive because the Ghost woman was trying to pet the cat, whom was trying to claw at her hand. Next when my roommate dropped the plate on the floor, she turned her head towards us and the noise of the plate hitting the floor. She then smiled at us, then as she was bent over at the waist she stood up. She then moved backwards to complete move into the room and totally out of our view.

If it had been a Haunt playback, the Ghost wouldn't reacted to the plate noise or looked at us and smiled. Playbacks tend to just play out a event and seem to totally ignore everything happening in the area that the playback is happening.

Now let me give you another encounter I had that adds to this one. Years latter when I was visiting my mother with my wife and two young sons. We were sleeping on the sofa bed, all of us. The boys were like 5 / 8 in the center, and my wife and I were on ether outer edge. Both my wife and I were having a hard time sleeping on that bed, I can still feel the pains in my back from that week long stay. My mother insisted we stay with her instead of getting a hotel room.

So the first night my wife was sitting up on the edge of that foldout bed looking toward the hallway out of the living room. I was sitting in a high wingback chair next to her, but my back was to the hallway. My wife all of suddenly gasped and pointed towards the doorway/hallway. When she did that I looked around the side of the chair and as I looked into the hallway, I saw a glowing white figure of a man moving down the hallway past the doorway into the hallway. The man was dressed completely in a Civil War Confederate officers uniform, with sword hanging from his waste and his hat in his hand. The man appeared to be late middle age and I only saw his profile as he walked by. I got up and looked down the hallway, but he was gone when I looked. I went and sat down next to my wife and we then reviewed what we had both seen with details. The ghost figure was of a man and he was older. He was milky white and glowed, but you could see through him.

The next morning we told my mom what we had both seen and she started to ask us details about the uniform and hat. After a while my mom had me come with her to get something down out of a storage closet. It was a large picture frame that was all wrapped up, one I had never ever seen what was under the wrapping. She unwrapped it my wife and I to look at it. It was a painting of her Great Grandfather and Great Grandmother. She was sitting and he was standing. She had on a southern style ball gown with long hair. He was dressed in his Confederate Generals Uniform with his sword and hat in hand. Now the shocking thing was the face of the lady and dress was that of the woman I had seen years earlier with the same smile, and the face and outfit of the man was what my wife and I had seen the night before.

Just to note, places can be haunted items can be haunted, or people can be haunted. Sometimes ghosts don't haunt but rather are attached to places or items or people. In my case I come from four old family lines, where I have many family heirlooms that date back a long time. Thee are three family bibles that are 500, 300, 300 years old. My wife and I have a many family heirlooms from both my side and hers as well. Ghosts tend to make attachments to such items that they had in live and it would seem that they can check in on them to see what is going on. Just to also point out the Ghost woman encounter was in Philadelphia, PA, and the Ghost Officer happened in Upstate NY. Neither location had even existed when the two ghosts in that painting had been paint. The Philly home was built in the 1920s, and my father built our family home in 1950.

Last edited:
Interesting tales.
I'm guessing your ghosts are master manipulators of the natural laws of physics.

Sorry Tom I do not understand what your meaning is. I have stated that I have seen "Ghosts" and described what I have seen. In many cases I have been lucky to have at least one if not more than one person with me to also live with the encounter. It helps to have another person with you to compare details and review what was seen. Helps to strengthen your own sanity knowing that another person also had the same encounter with you.

Well in my above encounter with the Ghost woman, it was a interactive encounter not just a playback. Now it was interactive because the Ghost woman was trying to pet the cat, whom was trying to claw at her hand. Next when my roommate dropped the plate on the floor, she turned her head towards us and the noise of the plate hitting the floor. She then smiled at us, then as she was bent over at the waist she stood up. She then moved backwards to complete move into the room and totally out of our view.

If it had been a Haunt playback, the Ghost wouldn't reacted to the plate noise or looked at us and smiled. Playbacks tend to just play out a event and seem to totally ignore everything happening in the area that the playback is happening.

Now let me give you another encounter I had that adds to this one. Years latter when I was visiting my mother with my wife and two young sons. We were sleeping on the sofa bed, all of us. The boys were like 5 / 8 in the center, and my wife and I were on ether outer edge. Both my wife and I were having a hard time sleeping on that bed, I can still feel the pains in my back from that week long stay. My mother insisted we stay with her instead of getting a hotel room.

So the first night my wife was sitting up on the edge of that foldout bed looking toward the hallway out of the living room. I was sitting in a high wingback chair next to her, but my back was to the hallway. My wife all of suddenly gasped and pointed towards the doorway/hallway. When she did that I looked around the side of the chair and as I looked into the hallway, I saw a glowing white figure of a man moving down the hallway past the doorway into the hallway. The man was dressed completely in a Civil War Confederate officers uniform, with sword hanging from his waste and his hat in his hand. The man appeared to be late middle age and I only saw his profile as he walked by. I got up and looked down the hallway, but he was gone when I looked. I went and sat down next to my wife and we then reviewed what we had both seen with details. The ghost figure was of a man and he was older. He was milky white and glowed, but you could see through him.

The next morning we told my mom what we had both seen and she started to ask us details about the uniform and hat. After a while my mom had me come with her to get something down out of a storage closet. It was a large picture frame that was all wrapped up, one I had never ever seen what was under the wrapping. She unwrapped it my wife and I to look at it. It was a painting of her Great Grandfather and Great Grandmother. She was sitting and he was standing. She had on a southern style ball gown with long hair. He was dressed in his Confederate Generals Uniform with his sword and hat in hand. Now the shocking thing was the face of the lady and dress was that of the woman I had seen years earlier with the same smile, and the face and outfit of the man was what my wife and I had seen the night before.

Just to note, places can be haunted items can be haunted, or people can be haunted. Sometimes ghosts don't haunt but rather are attached to places or items or people. In my case I come from four old family lines, where I have many family heirlooms that date back a long time. Thee are three family bibles that are 500, 300, 300 years old. My wife and I have a many family heirlooms from both my side and hers as well. Ghosts tend to make attachments to such items that they had in live and it would seem that they can check in on them to see what is going on. Just to also point out the Ghost woman encounter was in Philadelphia, PA, and the Ghost Officer happened in Upstate NY. Neither location had even existed when the two ghosts in that painting had been paint. The Philly home was built in the 1920s, and my father built our family home in 1950.
Wow, it could be attached to the items, or tortured souls from a very, very bad war, That's cool that you can see those things, I cant, I just see lots o' youngsters thinking its 1963 when ever I go shopping or buy auto parts, lol! It could mean you are in older America, and there are some tortured souls out there? I'm in Texas and there is really nothing to speak of, everything is "new" around here. Fascinating ordeal my friend!

I can't say what any ghost encounter truly has, I can only state what I was able to perceive from my perspective or that of others that were with me to give me their feelings and thoughts on the matters. I would call myself a person that has certain "gifts" that has reluctantly learned how to deal with them and tried to push the encounters away or shut down the ability to have such encounters. Mostly I have been able to succeed in that in these last couple of years, but still from time to time I still have encounters. As you stated before you want to have encounters, I on the other hand do not want any.

Perhaps a few excerpts from a previous topic can shed some light on my response.
From
Paranormal - Find Me A Ghost

Gravity
Gravity exists even at the atomic level. Even the air is affected by gravity.
I am expected to believe that a whisp of essence can manipulate gravity.

Odors
Odors are molecules that are detected when those molecules come into contact with olfactory cells and the signal is sent to the brain.
Many people tell of encounters that are accompanied by foul odors. They associate the foul odor with what they think they encountered.

Sounds
Sounds are a frequency of vibration. A vibration of matter in a medium that can propagate the wave to your ears.
For an essence to notice a dish breaking requires that somehow the sound vibrations caused the entity's bones in its ears to vibrate. Which relays that signal to its ghostly brain and initiates a response.

Sights
You see only reflections of light waves on your eyes. There must be something physically there to reflect the prism to your eyes.
Light is a spectrum when reflected to your retinas. You see colors because absorption and reflection removes color frequencies in different degrees. There has to be something there for light to emit from or be reflected by or you will not see anything. Sound is one example of this. You don't see music because there is nothing physical there for light to reflect to your eyes. Seeing anything requires a light reflection from something. We "feel" sound because it propagates a thru the atmosphere so its not really the sound you feel but the atmosphere being transmitted to your touch sensors. If there is no atmosphere you not only do not hear sound, you can't feel it either. There is no sound in space.

Temperature
Temperature is the speed at which something moves. Absolute Zero is no movement at all, thus the term frozen.
Many people will tell you they feel a cold spot or a hot spot when describing their encounter. Temperature is movement of molecules or atoms. Movement of matter. A thought has no temperature because it is not matter. I can walk thru any space and detect differences in temperature. Perhaps the one having the encounter is just in tune with their senses from fear or excitement and notices temperature deviations at a greater degree than usual?

Feelings
Our human minds create feelings and senses from stimuli and experience. Understanding is by association. If the mind presets the associations we feel, sense what we choose.
If you expect the negative you readily see negative things. If you expect a ghost you will see ghosts if your mind is conditioned to expect them.

Energy
Everything in the Universe is comprised of energy. Even thought and our sense of self. Energy is not a bonding essence. Each point of energy exists of itself.
Science cannot determine a single energy component like an atom of matter. It acknowledges saturation of energy in a value over time but it can't state what a single energy is, like an enron or something. Since we know that quarks, leptons and bosons have movement an electron is not the smallest essence of energy.
For a person to become a force of energy a coherence must be formed that keeps the individual pieces of energy together and moving freely in a natural environment. Basically a Tesla arc that can manipulate its form and is of normal temperature range.

There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy…

Science fact is a current guess at something that is currently not understood and applied existing knowledge to explain something where we clearly do not know all the details. As we grow and learn, many science facts are found to be wrong as we gain new understanding of things we did not clearly understand them.

Ghosts imply that without knowledge, training or experience, a human being can manipulate and change the laws of physics at will, or, by accident.
Not only harnessing anti-gravity technology (most ghosts float, pass thru things and such),
they can suddenly manipulate matter for light to reflect and odors to become molecules.
Ghosts can suddenly slow the atomic vibrations of air molecules to create cold spots or excite them to create hot spots.
Plus, lets not forget that these manifestations of nothingness can also create physical waves of sound.

If a ghost is imprinted on a location how does it deal with the Earth's rotation and the movement around the Sun? Ghosts are supposed to be non-material, having no physical mass. Without mass there can be no gravity affecting them.

If a ghost can be imprinted to an object then breaking that object should release it. For a ghost to be seen it has to leave any object and manifest in air. Is the air haunted? Now I ask about wind and drafts. Why don't ghosts blow away?

Light is photons. Light in your home does not manifest in a ball in the center of the room. It reflects off surfaces in a spectrum that we detect. Wind does not affect light. Light does not remain fixed to a location or an object.
To see something light must hit your eyes. Do ghosts manifest their own light? Is that a talent that is learned when you learn to broadcast? Is it a property of an essence? Why do some people see a ghost yet others do not?
Light is light. it is multi-directional. Can ghosts manipulate their light for some people but not everybody?
If I broadcast strongly enough can I specify who gets to see my ghost?

The thing about the human mind is - When something is seen that doesn't make sense the mind wraps it in relative references and draws conclusions. It must be an alien spacecraft; It must be a ghost, etc...

I'm not making fun I am just stating obvious things from the real world.
I know that people who think they encountered a ghost truly believe they did.
All I'm saying is that when I do go to that haunted house with them and sit and wait so I can see what they saw I always leave with nothing new to consider.

There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy…

Science fact is a current guess at something that is currently not understood and applied existing knowledge to explain something where we clearly do not know all the details. As we grow and learn, many science facts are found to be wrong as we gain new understanding of things we did not clearly understand them.
I agree, however, there are things which hold as facts that require no belief to make it so. There are some that believe so strongly that their beliefs create a reality that is not fact.

Less Nessman's imaginary office is a great example.

upload_2017-9-30_13-42-10.jpeg

Sure his delusions were funny but its basically the same thing as seeing ghosts.

Tom I do not think your making fun, you taking a point of view of a sceptic. I welcome all views as I feel it is good to see both sides and clearly enjoy the debate. From my perspective I am a believer and believe in ghosts/spirts because of all the many experiences I have had within my lifetime.

Now everyone is born with some ability to perceive encounters, but for some reason they become totally turned off to all abilities/encounters. It has been said that there is a way to activate or turn on a person's ability, but that once turned on you can not turn it off again. If you really research that, you would find out how to open yourself up to these type of encounters. My only question to you would be, why would you want to do that Tom?

why would you want to do that Tom?
Its a very personal thing.
See, I understand that there is a Universe.
I also understand that me, being in the Universe am also part of the Universe.
Being part of the Universe and within the Universe everything I think, feel, dream and fantasize is also part of the Universe.

God, for me, is the Universe as an entirety. Much like I am my body and can direct some things but there are some things that function without my control.

The Universe is aware because I am aware.
Being within the Universe, with an imagination, all my imaginations are the Universe imagining.
I once read that over the duration and expanse of the Universe anything may be possible given the right circumstances and physical combinations.
If The Universe is aware of me as I am of it, it may be possible for anything to become a reality.
Thus, if I believe in werewolves, somewhere in the Universe at some time, werewolves could be a reality.
If I could find proof of ghosts, spirits or entities it would prove that imagination can become reality.
This would mean that I do have a soul. A physical representation of myself that exists outside the physical Universe.

To encounter such evidence will change my core permanently.

I have experienced remote sensing, out of body experiences and Zen. I have attempted contacting the ethereal with Ouija and Pentagrams, used books of so-called magic to call up anything with no avail.
At one point in my life I even attempted to embrace it by convincing myself that such things do indeed exist.

I died in a car accident and was revived. During that time I experienced euphoria and everything I sensed was super bright and vivid. Then I read a scientific paper on the subject that explained how the brain senses loss of heartbeat and oxygen deprivation and fires off everything in an attempt to kick start the life functions. It made more sense than the idea that I was experiencing an afterlife.

I have done sensory deprivation. I spent two days in a tank and the only sensation was a serious need to eat.
When deprived of your senses over a duration your mind creates light, sound and stimulation.

There may be a life form in the Universe that becomes ethereal by evolution. Its difficult to imagine the physical mechanism for such a change because no life on this planet has given precedence. Just because we have never seen it doesn't mean it can't exist somewhere, somewhen. We don't know what happens inside the event horizon of a black hole but we can draw conclusions from understanding the properties of mass and thermodynamics.

Ghosts defy all the properties of reality that we have referenced. They require a methodology where there is no examples to draw comparisons from. Proof of a ghost would initiate an attempt to study it to understand the mechanisms which make it possible. The fact that we have encountered no properties that could cause a ghost, no science at all, is overwhelming evidence that they do not exist.

Just because you have not found any evidence that has proven ghosts for you, that does not in anyway mean that they do not exist. All it means is for you at least, you have for whatever reason not found any evidence. For me on the other hand, I have seen / experienced enough to prove that they do exist. We all are unique in our own ways, and we all have a path and purpose to follow in life. You have yours and I have my own. In this topic your a Non-believer looking for proof, and I am a believer looking for peace.

Back