Fools in Love

Syd and Vaughn's traveling party is just that...a big party. And it doesn't seem like any of them are into serious relationships.

The more I read this, the more I believe Sydney and Vaughn knew this relationship wasn't going to go anywhere and they were satisfied with that.

Chris

OK their friends know they have a thing and that Vaughn is married!!!! That is why I still don't get why he is with Lauren!!!! UGHH!!!!
-But YA Disney.... Soo fun!!!
Can't wait to see what happens!!!

Great update. Are you still sending out pms. If you are I would still like to be on the pm list. If not that is okay, because I have this from an old pm.

Thanks

texasalias

i am still shocked that hes still with lauren but eh
and all their friends know
haha and sark has a 19 yr old gf
damn
lucky grl
and wots wrong with disneyland i mean i know i would rater spend the day in a room with vaughn but disneyland has cool rides

how is it that Vaughn can cheat and still be the good guy?

and arvin bought them tickets to isney land :woot: :woot: i iddnt realise hewas capeable to commiting an act of good !!!!!!!!

update soon :Please:

awhhhhhhh this so wrong vaughn cheateing on his wife..and syd ok with that

hope they get caught or lauren has been doing the samething with some other guy?

anyway can i get apm when you update :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Chapter 6

“Sydney, why are you asking me for a transfer?” Arvin Sloane looked at one of his most valued employees intently.

“I just…I need to get out of here” Sydney shrugged, “I need a change of scenery”

“Is that all?” Arvin asked again.

“Yes” Sydney nodded, crossing her hands in her lap.

“Everything seemed to be going well after that trip to Florida, you were all working as such a team” Arvin sighed.

“It isn’t a team thing, I just have some personal stuff and I need to get away” Sydney explained.

“Why not take a vacation?” Arvin retorted smoothly.

“Will you please just sign the damned piece of paper?!” Sydney glared at Arvin who was now smirking slightly.

“If it is what you want, I will, but Sydney…” Arvin began.

“Don’t” Sydney shook her head, “Please just sign it”

“We cannot do this anymore” Michael looked slightly beyond Sydney’s brown orbs, “We can’t”

“I” Sydney began to choke on her own breath, “Why?”

“It’s just…I can’t keep hurting Lauren like this, it isn’t fair to her and it’s not fair to you” Michael justified his decision more so to himself than anyone else.

“So you hurt me instead?” Sydney looked at him, her sparkling orbs fading to practically greys.

“I’m sorry” Michael murmured as he dropped his head and walked away, “I’m sorry”

*~*

“Hey mom, it’s Syd…I just…I just wanted to let you know that you have a grand daughter” Sydney whispered into the phone, it had been 8 months since she had left her job, her life, her family. “Her name is Brookelyn Valerie Bristow and she’s perfectly healthy. I just thought you and daddy should know, bye” Sydney sighed and hung up the phone after she had finished recording her message. Then her eyes drifted, they drifted over to the small incubator in the corner of the room, most mothers would probably be overjoyed at the prospect of holding their child, the prospect of showing it to all of their friends.

But Sydney wasn’t.

Sydney didn’t want to look at the child, every time that she did, she felt a pain in her stomach, something that she couldn’t make go away.

“Excuse me, Miss Bristow” a young nurse poked her head in the door.

“Yes?” Sydney looked towards the door.

“There’s a young man here to see you, his name is Julian” the nurse told her.

“Send him in” Sydney nodded, putting her head back down on her pillow.

“Well, aren’t you a site” Julian’s cool voice blew gently into Sydney’s ears, “Where is the little bundle of joy?”

“Over there” Sydney nodded towards the incubator, her head still resting against her pillow, “Brookelyn”

“You could have come up with something far better” Julian glanced at her as he walked towards the incubator.

“Thanks, I don’t recall asking for your input” Sydney closed her eyes.

“I’ve missed you too Sydney, did you want me to call Michael?” Julian retorted as he lifted the little girl.

“Julian” Sydney snapped, “This is a yes or no question, if the answer is yes, get out. If its no, please stay” Sydney glared at him, “Do you intend to tell Michael about her?”

“No”

“Good answer” Sydney nodded.

“She’s cute” Julian smiled slightly, “She has your face”

“Thanks” Sydney shrugged, “I guess that’s what happens when you spend 9 months in someone, you gain some of their attributes”

“Yes” Julian agreed, “Do you plan on looking at her, or should I put a paper bag over her head?”

“I’m just…I’m not ready” Sydney explained, still rendering her gaze on the ceiling.

“I see” Julian kissed the little girls forehead, “Well, when you are…she will be waiting”

“I know” Sydney nodded, “Thank you”

“So, Sydney on a more serious note – do I get the title of Uncle Julian?” Julian smirked.

“Do you really want that title?” Sydney laughed slightly.

“I believe I do” Julian told her, “I mean it entitles me to spoil her somewhat, does it not?”

“Yes, it does” Sydney couldn’t help but smile, for the first time in a long time someone genuinely cared about her and how she was doing. “Thank you”

What worries me is that we know from the prologue that Sydney won't ever treat her daughter like she should. Poor girl. :(

Great chapter nonetheless!

Back