Never Ending

HIYA!! 👋

I'm sorta new to the site, this is my first fic on here, I first put it up at the ff.net, but someone who reviewed it there told me about this site and now I'm hooked!!

So, here's my first Alias fic on the AA, hope you enjoy it!!! :D

D: Not mine. Don’t own anything either.

A/N: This is a first Alias fic for me, with the help of my sister. It’s set after “The Gettaway” and pre-“Phase One” then it will eventually go from there on.

{#}

“The Bristow agents are getting closer to bringing down SD-6 and the Alliance. A lot faster than anyone thought. Which is also due to the help and cooperation of Irina Derevko. That, you can’t deny. The more we work with Ms. Derevko, the more she’ll help us; which in turn will aide to the Bristows achievement to bringing down the Alliance. So, what I’m asking for is to allow the relationship between Ms. Derevko and Ms. Bristow to widen. She’s her mother. Syd
.Agent Bristow is her daughter. The more we give, the more she’ll give.” Vaughn concluded as he had a private meeting with Kendall. He was, once again, trying to do something nice for Sydney. Something he knew she needed, and ultimately, what could help the whole CIA in bringing down the Alliance. It was like a domino effect. Kendall took everything Vaughn proposed in thought.

“I understand your thinking Agent Vaughn. I’ll tell you we all have thought something similar ourselves. What is it you propose to aid this relationship on, that is doable?” Kendall asked, intrigued to hear any ideas.

“To allow them
..more personal time together. Like on the rooftop. I mean
..Sy
..Agent Bristow became really upset at one point and naturally her mother embraced her only to have 6 armed rifles pointed in her face.” Vaughn said passionately. Kendall nodded.

“I’ll see to it. I’ll let you know what I can come up with. That’s all for now?” Kendall said getting up. Vaughn nodded.

“Yes sir. Thank you sir.” Vaughn said heading out. As he made his way to his desk, he noticed Sydney working away on paper work, but glanced up when she felt him looking and met his gaze. She gave him one of her dimple-melting smiles and he couldn’t help but grin back. She could make a frowning stature curl up its lips and smile. She glanced down at her paperwork and realized she was done, so she cleaned up and went to his desk.

“Heard you were in a meeting with Kendall. Everything okay? Are we going on another mission?” she asked, reaching up to brush some hair behind her ear. The watch glinted in Vaughn’s eyes and he grinned.

“No
..no mission. I was just
..just asking him an important question
..Nice watch.” He commented, partly trying to steer her clear of the meeting. She ticked a glance at her wrist, then blushed smiling again.

“Yeah
..I never take it off.” She mentioned in a whisper, staring up into his eyes. Across the way, Jack stood watching his daughter and her handler in their ‘moment’. Weiss stepped up to him, seeing him watch the two.

“He makes her happy.” Jack commented out of the blue. Weiss got over his initial shock that he was standing here having a normal, TRUE, conversation with Jack ‘the statue’ Bristow to answer.

“He loves her. He’d do anything for her.” Weiss said truthfully.

“But
..they can’t. I can’t let her get emotionally attached. It’s dangerous.” Jack said protectively. Weiss nodded, but smiled sadly.

“If you try to stop them, or break them apart, THAT’S when she’ll be in danger. She trusts him. Only him. And that’s why they work so well together. You have to let her keep that. What they have
..it’s unique to say the least. Pushing them apart will only result in trouble. Let them be. If you loved you daughter, you’ see how happy she is. How much better she is when Mike’s around. I promise, I’ll keep them safe.” Weiss said, nodding respectively at Jack. Jack nodded back. Then he eyed Eric.

“When did you get so well
..attuned to those two?” Jack asked. Eric shrugged.

“ Three months in the hospital. Plenty of time to think things out.” Eric said simply.

“Since, no one’s supposed to KNOW
..let HER know I’m okay with it. But he better not hurt my only daughter or I’ll hunt him down, CIA or no CIA.” Jack threatened, then left to go do some work.

Meanwhile, Sydney realized it was her mom’s time out on the roof so she wanted to go.

“I’m gonna go see my mom. It’s her time out and about. I’ll see you later.” Sydney said shyly as she left to see her mom. Weiss came up then to talk to his friend, who was momentarily mesmerized by Sydney’s retreating form.

“You’ve got it REAL bad! But who can blame you? Hey
..take her out again. This time it shouldn’t end in gunfire. Go for it, I’ll help you out.” Eric said, nudging him.

“Huh? No
.we can’t. With Sloane
..then Kendall. And besides, Jack will kill me.” Vaughn said, already defeated.

“Well, I can help you Sloane
.just be careful. Kendall will never know and as for Jack? He’s cool with you two. He gives his blessings, so to say. Just don’t hurt her. He’ll kill you. Seriously. I don’t think I can handle having Donovan as a permanent houseguest. He hogs the covers.” Weiss said, loving the look on his friend’s face at the mention of Jack’s go ahead.

“He TOLD you it was okay?! Seriously?!” Vaughn asked shocked. Weiss nodded, smiling.

“Go for it man. You two deserve it. Just, I better get the details and full ownership
.oh, Erica for a girl’s name is VERY pretty.” Weiss said smugly. Vaughn just smiled and rolled his eyes. Eric patted his shoulder, smiling.

“Just tell me when, I’ll help make it happen.” Eric said as he walked off. Vaughn didn’t stop smiling as he thought of a perfect second date.

Up on the roof, Sydney walked out to greet her mother as she walked slowly along the perimeter of the roof.

“Hey Mom.” Sydney said smiling sweetly.

“Hello Sydney. How are you doing?” Irina asked, loving the sudden spark that ran through her eyes.

“Good. We’re getting closer with the takedown
.” Sydney said pausing.

“And Mr. Vaughn?” Irina said smirking at the way Sydney turned red and looked down to her toes.

“Good
.great. Mom?
.I
..I think
.” Sydney started saying, getting all flustered; not sure how to have this type of conversation with her.

“You think
.what sweetie? Are you in trouble?” Irina said, concern crossing her face.

“No
.well
..yeah, probably. I think
.I’m falling 

for Vaughn.” Sydney whispered looking up at her mother, desperate for some help.

“Well, I could have told you that. He is irresistible isn’t he?” Irina joked playfully, trying to lighten the mood.

“You’re telling me!” Sydney agreed, grinning girly. Irina smiled lovingly at her daughter.

“He loves you too. I believe that. It’ll all work out, Sydney. It always does. Just never deny yourself the truth. That will always be what is left standing in the end. The truth.” Irina said, smiling sadly.

“That didn’t happen with you and dad?” Sydney asked softly. Irina smiled and giggled gently.

“Oh, sweetie. It hasn’t ended YET. We haven’t gotten to our end.” Irina said, raising an eyebrow. Sydney smiled believing her.

“Did you hear I get to come out more often? And longer. They even asked if I would want anyone to come visit me. Do I get to say ‘thank you’ to you?” Irina asked, Sydney looked confused and shook her head.

“Sorry Mom, I wish I could take credit, but that’s all news to me.
That’s GREAT news.” Sydney smiled unconsciously taking her moms hand as they continued to walk. Irina glanced at the guards, as did Syd, only they didn’t protest. Irina glanced to Sydney who only shrugged and entwined her fingers in her mom’s hand. They continued chitchatting about anything at all. Irina asked about her past stuff and her friends; Sydney asking about details on how she knew her father ‘at my age’. They were allowed to do this for close to two hours, eventually sitting Indian style in the middle, talking away.

Suddenly, Irina felt a familiar presence and glanced to the door to see Jack. She smiled instantly, Sydney noticing, before putting on her ‘game’ face.

“Sydney, sorry to interrupt you both, but Kendall’s about to pop a vein about something big. He’s asked us all to report for a debriefing.” Jack said, not being able to stop his small almost unseen smile when he walked up and saw his two ‘girls’ smiling together.

“Sure Dad.” Sydney said, beginning to get up, taking her father’s offered hand. She was a bit shocked when he offered Irina his other hand and she took it trying not to smirk happily.

“Thanks.” Irina mentioned once she was standing, pausing an extra second before dropping his hand
.and his gaze. This little interaction didn’t go unnoticed by their daughter. She just bit her lip and looked down. They made their way back inside, Sydney giving her mom a quick kiss on the cheek goodbye.

“Bye mama.” She slipped out. Irina froze slightly.

“Bye baby.” Irina said getting teary eyed at the old way Sydney used to call her
.SO long ago. They separated; Irina led with the guards, Jack leading Syd.

In the conference room, the room was already filled. Sydney took a seat next to Weiss with her father on the other side of her. She ticked a glance to Vaughn across the table and smiled briefly at him. He smiled lopsidedly back at her then both their attentions were drawn to Kendall when he cleared his throat. He was having a hard time not smirking, with the news he was about to share. Now everyone was thoroughly unnerved.
{an hour later}

“I can’t believe we’re gonna retrieve what could ultimately lead to the destruction of the Alliance. We’re getting so much closer I can practically taste it.” Weiss commented as Vaughn, Sydney, and him made their way out of the meeting. Sydney was thinking the same thing.

“All these years
..it’s almost over. I
.I can’t believe it.” Sydney said softly, her face shocked. Vaughn grinned.

“Then you’ll be free. You could become a teacher like you always wanted.” Vaughn commented, catching Sydney’s eyes. They stood there staring at each other, a wisp of a grin playing on their lips. Weiss looked from one to the other and snorted.

“And save ALL us poor fools who have endured you two and your ‘googily eyes’. Thank Gawd.” Weiss said shaking his head and walking away.

“So, guess I’ll see you later tonight? At the warehouse?” Vaughn said, reluctant to leave her yet.

“Yeah, I probably should go pack. See you later Vaughn.” Sydney said, slowly walking away, not dropping his gaze until she had to.

“See ya Syd.” He replied back. Once she was out of his sight he exhaled big time.

“Dude. You two are SO in trouble.” Weiss commented as he came up to him.

“Shut-up Eric.” Vaughn replied as he went to his desk to prepare for the next big mission.

At home, Sydney was quietly packing in her room when Francie came home, bustling with excitement.

“Sydney?! You home, girl?” Francie yelled from the entryway.

“In here Fran!” Sydney yelled back, smirking at her best friend’s entrance. ‘Couldn’t sneak up on a deaf person!’ Syd thought, shaking her head.

“Are you going on ANOTHER trip?!” Francie whined when she spied the suitcase. Sydney frowned inwardly but nodded.

“It’s a VERY big deal. VERY important.” Sydney tried to explain. Francie just rolled her eyes.

“Whatever. Look at this!!” Francie said grinning hugely, waving a flyer around. Sydney took hold of the bright red paper and scanned over it.

“An Open Mike Night?! Sounds great! You should do wonderful with it.” Sydney commented, getting excited for her friend.

“It’s not all put together yet
.so it’ll be a little while before it’s a go. But I already found a house band that was in search of a ‘house’. And Will’s helping to spread the word around.” Francie said taking the flyer and admiring it.

“Won’t miss it for the world!” Sydney promised, hoping by then SD-6 would be gone.

“You most definitely will be there. I’ll drag you from WHEREVER place that bank has you at myself!” Francie threatened seriously. Sydney could only giggle at her friend.

“How long will you be gone this time?” Francie asked.

“4 days. Tops.” Sydney promised, as she finished packing and zipped up her luggage.

“Okay, sweetie. I’ll see you this weekend then. Movie night?” Francie suggested.

“Definitely.” Sydney promised, heading to the hallway. After a quick dinner with Francie and Will she took a quick shower for the long trip to their destination: Iraklion, Crete. She had a whole day of traveling to look forward to.

At the warehouse, she was greeted by her father, Vaughn, as well as Weiss.

“Hope you brought a COUPLE books and a good set of playing cards kiddies. Gonna be a L O N G trip!” Eric said getting anxious. Sydney smiled respectively at him, but she was more excited about going on a mission with Vaughn.

“So
.where are we headed first? And what’s the story?” Sydney asked, curious.

“Going to my best friends wedding
.back in his home of Greece. Well Crete
.me and you are newly engaged
..and Jack’s Weiss’ father.” Vaughn said, having a hard time not grinning. First from Jack squirming about him being is such a close relationship role with his only daughter. And Weiss for having to have Jack Bristow as his ‘father’. Sydney grinned at her new role.

“Okay.” Sydney said nodding as Weiss handed her the alias profile.

“We’re off to a non-stop flight to New York, then on to France where we’ll board a smaller plane that’ll take us to Greece. From there we’ll take a charter flight into Crete. After we’ve landed it’s on to a bus to Iraklion; about a 3-hour drive. All in all, about 30 hours of traveling.” Jack informed professionally. Sydney nodded, puffing her cheeks out. Good thing she wore comfy cloths.

“Let’s get the show on the road. Did I mention I HATE flying?” Weiss said sarcastically.

It was 8:00pm at night when they boarded their first flight to New York, Sydney and Vaughn were sitting together as soon-to-be Mr. and Mrs. LaFiate. They happily played into their roles of a newlywed couple, Sydney absolutely loving that she got to cuddle up to Vaughn and hold his hand, sometimes whispering comments into his ear. And Vaughn didn’t mind one bit, even though he blushed every time. Especially when she’d whisper, calling him Vaughn when no one knew the wiser.

Once on the plane, they cuddled together, Sydney falling asleep practically in Vaughn’s lap. Jack sat one row ahead and to the left of them, with Weiss next to him. They played their parts mechanically, making sure to make their alias’s known just to be safe. Jack almost ground his teeth to nothing after see his only daughter, even though he had let them be together, Sydney was still his little girl, he was still a father. Also having Weiss repeatedly call him ‘dad’ got on his nerves a little. He got comfortable using the flights earphones set to music, then fell asleep till they landed in New York, at 6:00am, NY time. It’d be like a 3 am for them. Boy did he hate jet lag. 20 min. before landing, Vaughn woke up first, at first disoriented. When he saw Sydney in his arms, his face lit up.

‘Well, WHEREVER I am, it’s gotta be heaven!’ Vaughn thought. Then he realized he was on a mission and woke up fully. He looked around and saw Jack was awake while Weiss was still out cold. Vaughn caught Jack’s eye. Jack glared first, which caused Vaughn to gulp, but then saw how peaceful Sydney was and smiled briefly, giving a slight nod to Vaughn.

“Don’t wake her till absolute necessary.” Vaughn heard Jack whisper. Vaughn nodded his agreement, then turned his attention to the angel sleeping in his arms.

‘I definitely can get used to this!’ Vaughn thought as he heard Jack wake his ‘son’.

“Hey, er
.Jr.! Wake up!” Jack said loudly, smacking Weiss on the arm. Poor Eric startled awake all flustered.

“Huh
.wha-sa-matr-
.uh
yes, sir. M’wake.” Eric mumbled bleary eyed. Vaughn smirked as he gazed at Sydney. He ever so gently pushed a piece of hair behind her ear, causing her to stir slightly and sigh.

“Vaughn
” she whispered softly. Vaughn’s eyes grew wide as his heart beat faster. Then he just grinned like a fool, happy as a clam. Jack witnessed this, and looked away shaking his head, smirking a little.

‘She’s got him wrapped around her little finger! What a sap!
..Now that makes TWO of us!’ Jack thought.

Just then the stewardesses started going to everyone and gently waking him or her to tell them to prepare for landing. When the stewardess came to Vaughn he motioned he’d tell Sydney. She moved on grinning at such a cute couple. Vaughn very reluctantly started rubbing Sydney’s back.

“Syd
..sweetie, you have to wake up now. We’re gonna land.” Vaughn said softly. She murmured/ mumbled something like ‘Uh-huh, too early
2 more minutes
.please.’ Vaughn grinned.

“Syd, hun, our plane’s gonna land. I don’t think the pilots gonna circle around until you want to wake up to land, sweets.” Vaughn said smirking. He heard her grumble and curse ‘stupid night flights’ and the CIA and Kendall and the pilot and him too. She finally blinked her eyes open and stretched lazily.

“Morning Syd.” He whispered, grinning adorably down at her. She stared at him as her eyes focused on reality then grinned her famous dimples.

“I love this.” She said quietly, Vaughn knowing EXACTLY what she meant.

“Me too.” He whispered, placing his forehead on hers. They sat gazing at each other, getting closer and closer

{#}

There's the first chapter, I've got lots more, tell me what y'all think!!!
thanx!

Here's the next chapter!! Hope you enjoy!!

D: Not mine, don’t I wish, but that’s like winning the lottery too. Never gonna happen. Alias belongs to J.J and co. so don’t bother suing, I’m flat broke.

An:
Hope you enjoy this, and don’t forget it’s an AU set after The Gettaway, but will eventually add in Phase One and beyond there.
AAn: Oh, and they still use their first names on the mission, just their last names are different. Jack and Eric’s is Demetrius, very Greek-ish!

{#}

[previously:]

They sat gazing at each other, getting closer and closer

Then suddenly the pilot came over the loud speaker to announce they were about to land. Sydney, startled, jumped apart from Vaughn. She blushed deeply as she climbed off of him and sat in her own seat, buckling her seatbelt. Weiss peeked over at Vaughn, catching his eye. He grinned goofly and winked at Vaughn like ‘Yeah bu-ddy!’ Vaughn just smiled blushing himself.

They landed and got off the plane. They had about 30 minutes till their connecting flight, so they went to one of the airport café’s and had a quick bite and some hot chocolate. No coffee yet, it was too early.

“As soon as my a$$ is back in that seat, it’s snooze land again. How can you do this all the time Syd? Everybody here is all awake and ‘perky’. I’m gonna hit that lady in the face if she keeps talking in that cheery voice any longer.” Weiss grumbled as he rested his head in his hand. Sydney just shrugged sleepily and laid her head back on Vaughn’s shoulder. This whole time Jack was quietly reading the paper.

“Look. They found that missing girl in Salt Lake City. After nine months.” Jack commented to Sydney, who had spoken to her father about the story the summer before.

“Elizabeth Smart? Really? She okay?” Sydney said, speaking up.

“Yeah,
.she apparently has been just 15 miles away from her home practically the whole time. Says she could hear them searching for her in the canyon behind her house. She could hear her uncle. Thank goodness for that. Some GOOD news for once.” Jack commented. Sydney nodded at that. They finished their snacks then went to board their plane. As soon as they were in the air, this time Vaughn and Sydney sitting behind Jack and Eric, Weiss fell back to sleep.

“Get some more sleep you two. We still have a long night of traveling.” Jack suggested. Vaughn nodded and soon he and Sydney were sound asleep, heads resting on each other. A couple of hours later, all the guys were awake, quietly talking. Sydney still snoozed on Vaughn’s shoulder/neck.

“So
.’dad’
.you ‘excited’ about the new
..uh
..’member of the family’, so to speak.” Eric commented, trying to code the message. Vaughn perked up at this conversation, wanting to know what Jack said. Jack looked a little uncomfortable at this approach, but considered that this was as good a time as any. At least he won’t be speaking DIRECTLY to Vaughn, which could be even more uncomfortable. Jack cleared his throat.

“Yes
.’son’. All I want is for

EVERYone to be happy. I see how good
..RIGHT, the relationship is so, who am I to interfere with it.” Jack said truthfully. Vaughn felt his heart leap.

‘He said it’s okay! Now
.if only we didn’t have SD-6 to get in the way! I hope we get this piece of the puzzle
.We’ll be soo close!’ Vaughn thought. He glanced up to Jack’s seat.

“That’s very thoughtful of you
.I’m sure your ‘son’ appreciates it very much, he should be VERY happy
..right Eric?” Vaughn said pointedly.

“You bet.” Eric answered, playing along.

Just then Sydney began to stir, then woke up completely, smiling broadly at Vaughn.

“Sleep good
Honey?” Vaughn asked, not completely playing a ‘role’.

“Yep. What time is it?” Sydney asked.

“Don’t matter. It’ll be at least 12 more hours till we’re landing.” Eric grumbled. Sydney only shook her hand at him, excusing herself to the ladies room. They watched a couple of movies, played travel games (Syd winning MORE than a FEW times!) and read. When their plane landed in France it was 7:00pm their internal time, but closer to 12:00pm midnight France time. For an hour or so they ate and just walked around, not wanting to be sitting at all. Before they knew it they were back on a smaller commercial plane for another couple of hours till they landed in Greece. Once in Greece, it only took 45 minutes till they were boarded on the charter flight, much to Eric’s dismay.

“Are you SURE this can carry ALL of us
.AND our luggage? Leave the luggage, does ANY one remember Aaliyah?” Eric said incredulously.

Before they could blink they were in Crete. And onto the 3 hour bus trip to Iraklion. It was mid-morning when they got to their hotel in Iraklion. They had the rest of the day to themselves till later that night where they would be going to a dinner that was expected to have their target in attendance. Their target was a former ‘higher up’ of the Alliance head that had left because they killed his beloved wife in front of him to prove they weren’t allowed to tell whom you were working for. Sydney grimaced in the similar story line remembering Danny. He was now in hiding and trying to disappear to live a comfortable life. They were there to persuade him to come to the CIA and tell everything he knows in exchange for this sought out life, maybe cutting a deal with the CIA for giving all the information he had on the Alliance. So he was a very important person to acquire.

An important person with a certain
..hobby. He
..was a dancer. Tango, to be more precise. Once he got some alcohol in him, he was never in his seat or away from the dance floor.

“We have to WHAT?!” Sydney exclaimed to her father, glaring daggers at Weiss’s smirking face and attempt to at holding his snickering.

“Dance. Be the BEST on the floor, actually. To draw attention to you, away from Mr. Castello. Have him ‘showed up’ so to speak.” Jack explained. Vaughn couldn’t help but smile at Sydney’s shocked face.

“I know how to tango.” Vaughn commented quietly. Eric, Jack, and Sydney all glanced at him, blinking.

“My
..sister. She forced me to be her partner growing up.” he shrugged turning slightly pink. Sydney smiled quickly at the thought, then froze as Eric said his next sentence.

“Well, you two will be great! I was worried Mike would have to be shown what dancing with a girl was like, let alone the TANGO!” Eric joked, smiling. Sydney kind of cringed and slowly raised her hand like a guilty school kid.

“Um
..er
..I
..I’ve never
..don-know-how-tango.” Sydney mumbled all together. Vaughn’s head snapped up and Eric’s jaw dropped.

“What?! Sydney?
..THE Sydney Bristow-spy chick fantasma?!! Who could kill you with her thumb in 2 seconds flat with OUT smudging her make-up?!?! YOU can’t tango?” Eric shot out before he could stop himself. Jack grumbled at him as Sydney suddenly became infatuated with her shirt button.

“Well
..I’ll teach her.” Vaughn said, cutting through the silence. Sydney looked up and gave Vaughn her brightest dimple smile.

“Well
..lets get started, the sooner, the better. We’ll have to find a radio
.and some music.” Jack said evenly, not TOO happy about this new turn of events.

“Dad? Why didn’t someone mention this earlier?” Sydney asked as Eric and Vaughn went in search of the music.

“Well, quite frankly, I thought you knew how. I mean
.you do have many other
..’talents’ that have come to good use in the past. Just never thought to ask.” Jack said quietly, smiling slightly at his daughter.

“Oh
.well, NOW I’ll know. Do you know how?” Sydney asked, just being curious. Jack smiled.

“Do you remember the Callowell’s Christmas party?” Jack asked, watching as Sydney dug in her memory. Then it hit her and a smile spread across her face.

“You and mom stole the show. Then I TRIED to.” Sydney said softly. She then pulled off her shoes, stepped up to her dad hesitantly and took his hand with one hand and place the second on his shoulder and stepped up on his shoes like she’d done all those years ago at the Christmas party. Jack smiled genuinely; taking her hand and wrapping his arm around her waist and began to dance slowly with her on the top of his feet. Another big step to closing the gap between father and daughter. He danced with her a minute, a slow version of a little bit of tango. Vaughn and Eric came back in with the stuff, Vaughn glimpsing the Bristows first before they parted.

“Thank you daddy.” Sydney whispered as she walked past him to a bigger area to get ready to practice. She changed into exercise Adidas pants and through her hair up in a scrunchie bob.

“Okay, first I’ll go over the steps without music, then we’ll put it all together. Sir, feel free to give pointers. I’ll probably need help here.” Vaughn said. Sydney narrowed her eyes at that comment. When he stepped up close to her, putting an arm around her waist, he whispered.

“My
.train of thought tends to
..be non-existent around you.” He said smiling. She dimpled at that and then focused on paying attention to probably the worlds cutest dance instructor. Well, in her world anyways. ((And ours too!))

A couple of hours later, after much toe-stepping, tangled-mass-of-limbs-on-floor (most of the time INtentional!) and LOTS of giggles, intense looks, and dimples, Sydney had the ‘art of tango’ down and was even MORE attracted to Vaughn. Things definitely got intense between them. As they (the guys) left to their room to get ready through the adjoining door, Eric muttered.

“How ya’ going to survive tonight when she’s all dolled up?” to Vaughn and Vaughn just gulped looking wide-eyed.

An hour and a half later, the three men sat around their room waiting patiently for Sydney. Finally, after another 10 minutes, Jack grumbled out loudly.

“Sydney A. Bristow, we’re gonna be late!” Jack said. You could hear a gasp from inside the room and both Eric and Vaughn looked wide-eyed at the doorway, both shocked he used her whole known name. Vaughn didn’t even know she had a middle initial to her name. Sydney tentatively walked into the room, causing all the guys jaws to drop. It was definitely worth it for them to be late.

“Dad
..I haven’t heard ANYONE call me that
..since
..gosh, I was like
.5!” Sydney said, her eyes slightly narrow.

“Got your attention, didn’t it?” Jack simply said, standing up grabbing his coat.

“Let’s GO gentlemen!!” Jack said, snapping them out of their trance. Sydney blushed at their stares.

“Y-you
look
..wow.” Eric stuttered.

“Thank you Weiss. You clean up nicely yourself.” Sydney replied politely.

“You’re gorgeous.” Vaughn whispered as he helped Sydney into her coat.

“You are too. VERY handsome.” Sydney breathed back. They made their way to the dinner and easily blended in. By mid-way through the party, Mr. Castello was on the dance floor, as predicted.

“Ready to put on a show?” Eric said after coming from the snack table where Jack was surveying the mission. Vaughn looked teasingly over to Sydney, giving her his famous smile.

“M’lady, would you care to dance with me?” he said sweetly, taking her hand and kissing it. He’s been waiting all night for this.

“Why certainly, kind sir.” Sydney dimpled, playing along. He helped her form her seat and they walked onto the dance floor and literally stole the show. Eric stood beside Jack along with the rest of the crowd watching the couple dance.

“Is it me
.or are they REALLY good at ‘pretending’ to me soon-to-be-newlyweds?” Eric commented quietly to Jack. He only grumbled, but a slight smile was playing at the corners of his mouth as he watched his daughter having the time of her life. He couldn’t help it, she looked so happy.

Finally, they walked off the floor, being sure that Mr. Castello trailed them and they snuck off to the extraction point where Jack and Eric were waiting. Vaughn and Sydney intended to lead Mr. Castello into the deserted side-room, but things didn’t go as planned.

Just outside the room, Mr. Castello caught up to them, grabbing Sydney’s arm roughly in all his drunkenness.

“Es-cuse me miss
.whre you off ta’? Dat was mervalis
..why ya’ dancin’ wit dis guy? Dance wit meh.” He said, slurring trying to drag her back down the stairs to the party. Now, Mr. Castello isn’t a small man, and by his sheer weight plus gravity he pulled Sydney off balance on the set of stairs and she stumbled in the direction of Mr. Castello had yanked her. Down the short flight of stairs. Vaughn watched in horror, a few steps higher then Sydney had been unable to grab her in time.

“SYDNEY!” Vaughn yelled as he saw her tumble the 5 or 6 steps to the bottom of the stairs with Mr. Castello. Vaughn raced down the stairs, hollering into his com link.

“Jack! We’ve got a problem!” Vaughn rushed out as he made his way to Sydney.

“Oww!” she grimaced, looking daggers at Mr. Castello.

“Wha-happened? H-how’d we ged here?” Mr. Castello slurred out. Sydney was about to snap at him, but Vaughn stopped her.

“You tripped sir. Here, have my friend here help you to a room, get you sitting down a moment.” Vaughn played out as Eric, who had come as soon as Vaughn mentioned trouble, reached down and helped him up, half carrying him to the side room.

Just then, a man came from the party.

“Is everything alright?” he asked. Eric recognized him as on of the waiters.

“Yeah. Mr. Castello had one too many, we’re just gonna lay him down in here a moment.” Eric played out, eyeballing Vaughn and Sydney, who was now standing, sort of anyways.

“You okay miss? Do you need a doctor?” he asked, noticing her not standing on her right foot. She shook her head now, forcing a smile.

“I’m fine. My fiancĂ© can take care of me, thanks.” She said, trying to put weight on her foot to show the man she was fine. As soon as he went back into the party, she nearly fell again and grabbed tight to Vaughn's arms.

“Vaughn! It hurts! I wrenched it BAD!” she said, biting her lip, tears in her eyes. Eric just got Mr. Castello inside and it didn’t take much to apprehend him and get him to their awaiting van.

“Jack
..Syd’s hurt.” Vaughn said into his com link.

“Can you still make an appropriate exit?” Jack said.

“Not without carrying her. She can’t put any weight on her right ankle.” Vaughn said, worry lines on his forehead.

“Then do it. You have to make an exit or it’ll raise too much suspicion. We’ll meet you at the van at the van at the exit point in 15 minutes.” Jack reported. Vaughn looked at Sydney’s slightly crumpled face.

“Okay Syd
..” he said scooping her up into his arms.

“let’s go
..DARLING. Say goodbye to the party goers.” He grinned, trying to ease her mood.

“We’ll get you to a hospital ASAP.” He promised softly as he carried her around to their table, grabbing their coats, and making a some-what graceful exit.

“Boy, am I glad THAT’S over with.” Eric commented, keeping his eye on their now dozing target. Jack sat next to Sydney, watching as Vaughn assessed the damage to her ankle. They had a little bit of an emergency kit, so he wrapped two ice packs on either side of her rapidly swelling ankle and wrapped them up with and tight ace bandage and a make shift splint of cardboard the kit provided.

“Lets go straight to the airport. We have our luggage. You can change there and as soon as we’re back in Greece, you’ll go to a hospital. But we have to get off this island.” Jack instructed softly. Sydney gritted her teeth.

“Okay.” She mumbled, she leaned back, resting her head on Vaughn’s shoulder. The bouncy drive to the airport seemed to take twice as long than 3 hours, Sydney digging her nails in deeper and deeper into Vaughn’s poor arm with each jarring bump.

Once at the airport, Syd gingerly changed into more comfy cloths, as well as the men, and Vaughn came once again to carry her to the little plane. They gave Mr. Castello a sleeping drug, so he was put for awhile. Other CIA agents had met them at the Greece airport to help. They had 1 Âœ hour’s layover there, so as soon as they landed, Vaughn took Sydney to a hospital by himself. It was a CIA owned hospital, part of the American Embassy, so they had no worries while there. They x-rayed her ankle, and iced it down as they waited for the results.

“Well, Agent Bristow. It’s not broken, but it is severely sprained. Probably the worst I’ve seen that wasn’t surgery material. You came close though. You’ll be immobile for awhile now, these things take a long time to get over. We’ll put you in an airsplint now. You’ll eventually walk on the splint, but not for at least 3 weeks. Maybe 4.” The doctor informed. He wrote her up some pain meds, then fitted her for a black splint/brace. (Think ’28 Days’ movie) They gave her some crutches and let her go. Sydney easily maneuvered herself on the crutches back through the airport along side Vaughn to the cafĂ© Jack and Eric were at. Mr. Castello was with the new agents in a van, still out cold.

“Are you okay Sydney?” Jack asked when she hobbled up.

“Not broken, they don’t think. But severely sprained. It’ll take awhile, but I should be fine.” Sydney explained, excepting the seat Eric pulled out for her, letting Jack take her crutches and smiling as Vaughn gently pulled her splinted ankle up into his lap. She could DEFINITELY get used to this!

“Need anything Agent Bristow?” Angelo, one of the Greece agents who was with them asked kindly, getting up to go to the counter.

“Sure! Um
..a cinnamon pretzel and an apple juice
.Vaughn?” Sydney asked.

“Lemonade and another pretzel please, thanks Angelo.” Vaughn answered, handing him some money. Sydney reached to her purse but Vaughn waved her off. She just grinned mouthing thanks, holding his gaze with him. Angelo looked between the two of them and snorted.

“You’re right Weiss, TIGHT around her little finger.” He commented, walking to order the food. Vaughn and Sydney snapped their attention to Eric, glaring slightly at him.

“What?! I don’t know WHAT he’s talking about.” Eric kidded innocently. Jack just rolled his eyes slightly smirking.

“What’re we gonna do at the next lay over? It’s like a 2 hours wait isn’t it?” Eric commented when Angelo got back, passing the yummy’s out.

“I’m getting my toes done. There’s a nail place in the airport to help take up time for travelers with long layovers.” Sydney said as she grimaced at her toes poking out of her splint. She glanced up when she realized it had gotten real quiet and found 4 pair of eyes looking at her with perplexed looks on their faces. She huffed and rolled her eyes mumbling something about ‘men!’ and the need for ‘more female agents’.

“You guys go lounge at the bar or what ever. I can’t WALK around with you everywhere
..might as well be sitting for good reason. Besides EVERY body will be looking at my foot
..so might as well make it presentable. Ya’ know, men manicures is IN this year.” Sydney commented and suddenly 4 men grumbled, huffed and turned their attention away form her. She smiled munching on her pretzel.

They boarded the next flight to France. Once there, Sydney prepared to go off on her own to the salon.

“Wait, Sydney, I don’t want you off by yourself in your condition
.so, ERIC’S gonna go with you.” Jack said, nudging a downcast faced agent towards her.

“Really? Okay.” Sydney said, a little surprised. As they made their way across the airport, Eric looked solemnly.

“You don’t HAVE to come Weiss.” Sydney finally spoke up.

“Yes I do
..I got the short straw.” He mumbled and Sydney smiled and nodded.

“Ahhh
.don’t pout! You might ENJOY yourself!” she said as she hobbled in. Eric followed close behind, a petrified look on his face.

{#}

An: There’s the second chapter!! With another cliffhanger too!! Hehe, I’ll have the next one up soon!!
Thanx!!

OMG, I love this story. I just have to tell you how good it is. Your writing is amazing. I love all the fluff, and the angst. The Syd and Vaughn moments are so cute. It's just so sweet. And another thing, I am so happy that you make long, long, long chapters. Your story is just so good. I really, really, really like it. I smile when I read it. You just made my night. Can I get a pm when you update please? It's just too good. Can you post soon. I love it so much. Way to go, keep it up (y) :D (y) :smiley:

Love ya,

Lauren :angelic:

OMG! I love this story! the long chapters are extremely good! I love the syd/vaughn flufffluff. please post more ASAP and pleeeaaaase PM me when you do!
(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
:groupwave: :groupwave: :groupwave: :groupwave:

maartje

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>WOW!!</span>
You guys are great!! :D
Thanks for all the reviews, I love them!! Here's the next chapter, I hope it can hold ya over 'cause I'm leaving today for Laughlin, Neveda for my 21st B-Day!! I'll be back by Monday, if I don't melt!! Oh, and if I hit the jackpot, don't worry, I'll still come back!! HEHE! (y)
Here ya' go!!
Enjoy!! :woot:

D: Not mine, sadly. And don’t own jack, sadly too. So don’t bother.

{#}

1 œ hours later they met up with the remaining guys. Eric had a huge smile plastered on his face. Sydney kept glancing at him and giggling.

“What’s so funny? And why does Eric look like he’s had one to many?” Vaughn asked looking Eric up and down.

“He’s still on cloud 9. From his manicure AND pedicure. By 4 very
.pleasant young ladies. From SPAIN. They heard it was his ‘first time’ and decided to treat him EXTRA special.” Sydney explained slowly, smirking the whole time. Vaughn just smiled, shaking his head.

“Damn. Wish I’D picked the short straw!” Angelo muttered seeing the look on Eric’s face.

“Me too.” Came a voice. Sydney turned slightly and her eyes bulged out.

“Dad!” she gasped, giggling. He just shrugged and proceeded to herd them to their seats by the gate they’d go through. Vaughn helped Sydney sit, then gingerly allowed her to prop her foot up on his knee.

“Hurt much?” he asked. She nodded a little and shrugged. He frowned sadly. He hated seeing her in any pain.

“I’m sorry Syd.” He said softly. She narrowed her eyes at him and leaned forward.

“Michael Vaughn. This is NOT your fault! It was an accident!” she made him look right at her. She cocked an eyebrow at him to get him to agree.

“Alright. But I still feel bad.” He agreed. Glad when that was enough for her.

“Cute toes.” He mentioned, touching some of the tips of her toes. She beamed at her French manicured toes.

“Thanks.” She replied. It was almost midnight when they finally boarded the flight to New York. Sydney snuggled down, her feet in Vaughn’s lap and slept more than half of the long flight. They only had about 20 minutes barely to get to their last flight to LA once in New York, so it was faster for Vaughn to just carry Sydney across the airport. Their ‘target’ was on his way in a special CIA transport plane. They boarded the last flight to LA around 3:00pm Eastern Time, and landed in LA at 6:00pm LA time. Just in time for dinner. That’s what Eric kept pointing out to Vaughn anyways.

“Did Mr. Castello get here safely?” Jack asked when they all entered the JTF HQ.

“Yes. He was very compliant, and he wanted to apologize to Agent Bristow for his behavior. He’s a very cooperative man when he’s sober.” Kendall explained, noticing Sydney’s annoyed face.

“And how are you, Ms. Bristow?” Kendall asked, nodding to her ankle.

“They say it’s not broken, just a bad sprain. It was pretty swollen so the X-ray’s aren’t the best. It’ll take some time, but I’ll be fine.” Sydney answered.

“None the less, we’ll have our doc’s check you out. But you get time off from us. You’ll just have to come up with something for SD-6. I’m sure Jack will help with that. After the debrief, go see the infirmary.” Kendall instructed. Sydney nodded.

They debriefed for close to an hour, very excited about the potential huge information they would be getting form their target, Mr. Castello. Once done, Jack escorted Sydney to the infirmary to go over their cover story with SD-6. With the news of a permanent cast to be put in place in 2 weeks and the fact that she’d be away from work, or rather from taking down the enemy, Sydney wasn’t a very happy camper. As she came back from the infirmary to go to her desk, now in an all black air splint (think Ozzy Osbourne), Vaughn went up to her to hear the news.

“You okay? You look ready to maul someone.” Vaughn asked, helping her to sit.

“They’re gonna put me in a walking cast in a couple weeks. For 4 to 6 weeks. They found a fracture. Plus at least 3-4 weeks of therapy before I’m ‘field ready’. Vaughn! That’s like
..3 MONTHS!” she said, pouting.

“You’ll still do desk stuff. Here and at SD-6. You’re still in the game; just side lined for the next 2 weeks. Then on light duty.” He comforted. She looked at him a moment and smiled.

“You always know what to say to make me feel better. Thank you.” She said, touching his hand. She held onto his hand an extra moment till Jack walked up, causing her to startle.

“Ready Sydney?” he asked, helping her to her feet, Vaughn handing her her crutches.

“Got the medical papers?” Sydney asked.

“Yep. If Sloane snoops around about verifying your visit to the ER, he’ll find these.” Jack said, leading her out.

“See ya Vaughn.” Sydney said over her shoulder as they headed to a SD-6 meeting.

45 minutes later, after arriving at SD-6, Sydney receiving concerned questions and comments, Sloane met up with them for the late night ‘emergency’ meeting.

“I see now why it was so urgent for you to meet with me Sydney. What happened, my dear?” Sloane asked, playing off his ‘fatherly’ role. Sydney ground her teeth, but smiled sheepishly and sat down delicately.

“Well, even with all my abilities as an agent of the US, me and frozen WATER do NOT get along! I went for my first lesson on ice skating
..and the ice won. Hairline fracture on top of a severe sprain. 2 weeks in this airsplint, then to a walking cast for 4 to 6 weeks more. Then, therapy. At least 3 weeks. Maybe 4. I’m NOT a very happy person right now, but I was told by the crowd of on lookers that the FALL was very GRACEFUL.” Sydney said, pouring on the girly talk and smiles at the appropriate moments. Jack had to literally pinch himself from either gaping at her in amazement or cracking up from laughter. Sloane listened intently, smiling and frowning at times.

“She called me from the hospital, I picked her up after they finished assessing her, picking up the medical charts. Her friends had taken her to the nearest hospital. Thought you’d want to make sure these went into her proper files at our own hospital.” Jack explained, handing Sloane the folder of med. files.

“That’s just too bad Sydney. I do hope you aren’t too uncomfortable. Well, all I can see for you for now is some vacation time. At least till your mobile enough on that casted foot, then I can put you on point ops and desk calls until you can be back to field status. Do keep me updated on your recovery. I’ll see you in a couple weeks. It’ll be darker around here without that smile of yours around, but I think we’ll survive, sweetie.” Sloane said, hugging Sydney slightly then left the conference room Jack helped Syd to her feet and gave her her crutches.

“I almost lost it there a minute.” Jack whispered slightly so Sydney could hear. She gave him on of her 100-watt smiles and hobbled out the room.

On her way out later that night, she realized something VERY important.

“How am I gonna get home?” she wondered as she looked at her casted foot. RIGHT foot.

“Shoot. My dad already left for the night
.super agents can’t even realize the necessity of DRIVING!” she mumbled to herself as she heard footsteps come up behind her in the garage.

“Hey Sydney, wow
..heard you got hurt, what was it, ice-skating? Bumber.” Dixon said as he came over with his briefcase in hand, tie loosened. She had been away doing all the paper work for leaving work and light duty work so she didn’t get a chance to see him yet. Sydney turned to his direction and smiled at him.

“Dixon! My most favorite partner!” Sydney said, smiling more at his blush.

“Sydney. I’m your ONLY partner. What is it you want?” he said playing along.

“Well, you see
my Dad drove me here in my car after leaving from here in a cab to pick me up, since he knew I couldn’t leave my car at the hospital parking lot, being all drugged up on pain meds I wouldn’t be able to drive. But
.he left earlier, probably cause he knew the meds had worn off. He figured I’d be safe to drive home myself. But

I hurt my RIGHT ankle!” Sydney said, pointing out her foot by wiggling her toes a little.

“Oh! THE Jack Bristow forgot one IMPORTANT detail! C’mon then girl, I’ll escort you home.” Dixon said, offering his elbow.

“Dixon
..I’m on CRUTCHES! I’d LOVE to take your arm
.but-“ Sydney pointed out. He just laughed and dropped his elbow, but stayed in step with Sydney, opened her door and helped her into his SUV. The drive home consisted of Sydney explaining her prognosis and she’d be out.

“Well, rest up. Take over your front couch and watch movies all day long, eating all the ice cream you can. I want my partner back at ONLY 110% like she usually is. But ONLY completely healed, ya hear girl?! I’ll miss you, call me for some company some time. Me and Diane can bring you dinner one night.” Dixon offered, giving her a kiss on the cheek and escorting her to her door.

“I will. Bye Dixon.” She replied, smiling sadly. She hated lying to him the most.

“Night Ice Queen.” He replied, chuckling at her mortified but smiling face. She hobbled herself inside to find Francie and Will eating ice cream watching TV. They turned at the same time and Sydney held her breath trying to look innocent before the onslaught of questions began.

“OH MY WORD!! Sweet Jesus Sydney, what the HELL happened to you!?!” Francie exclaimed jumping up and practically sprinting to Sydney. Will eyed Sydney’s gaze over Francie’s shoulder and could already tell it was from a mission.

“I have a hairline fracture, but mostly a sever sprain.” Sydney said first, glad to tell ONE truthful sentence. The lies came next.

“How?!” Francie said as she herded her like a mother hen to the couch, propping her whole leg up gingerly.

“I stumbled over the curb in my works parking lot.” Sydney said evenly.

“What?! What had your attention so bad that you didn’t realize the curb was there. I mean, you’re IN that parking lot enough to KNOW the whole place blind folded!” Francie exclaimed, rolling her eyes. Sydney’s mind kept churning, going with her logic.

“I
.I kind of was
..DISTRACTED. Looking at
..SOMEone.” Sydney played blushing for real.

“OOHHH! Is it Picture Frame guy?! This Michael fellow?! Did he come to your rescue, do the knightly thing?!” Francie said, getting all into it. Sydney beamed. Now some more truth!

“Actually. He did. Carried me all the way to the emergency room.” Sydney beamed, looking to Will. He just smiled at her giddy face. He was happy she was happy. Nuff said. Francie squealed happily.

“Too bad I won’t be seeing him for a little while, at least 2 weeks. Not until they put that walking cast on me.” Sydney said, truly sad. She yawned then, her eyes watering.

“You’ve definitely had a rough day with this catastrophe. Still haven’t’ heard why you didn’t CALL us!” Francie said, raising her eyebrows at Syd.

“Sorry
..I was too embarrassed. My co-workers were there. One brought me home. My cars still at work.” Sydney said as she went to get up.

“Oh, not you don’t. Will, carry her to her room and put her on her bed. I’ll help you change. You’re staying off that foot.” Francie said, going down the hall. Will leaned to her.

“You okay?” he asked.

“Yeah
.just stepped funny on a mission. A drunk guy grabbed me to go ‘Tango’ a little too roughly.” Sydney whispered as she put her arm around his neck and allowed him to carry her to her room.

“Tango?” Will said softly.

“Yep, my dad and Vaughn taught me HOURS before that, for the mission. I’ll have to show you
..AFTER I heal up.” she said as he set her on her bed.

Francie fussed over her for the rest of the night helping her get to bed, giving her a bell if she needed anything, leaving a night light on, fluffing her pillow under her foot. Sydney couldn’t stop rolling her eyes at Will, but she had to love her best friend. She fell asleep after eating some ice cream and taking a pain pill.

When Sydney finally woke up, light poured in her room. She sat up, forgetting what had happened the day before for a moment. Then she felt more than saw her foot.

“Owwww

eerrrrrmm
.my poor footsie.” She mumbled to herself. She glanced at her clock on her nightstand.

“My goodness!” she exclaimed when she saw that it was after 10am. She immediately looked for her ‘Vaughn’ phone only to find just her SD-6 pager and CIA phone. She got alarmed, knowing she put it there the night before when she heard Will talking to someone, coming down the hall. He poked his head in and smiled.

“Nope Mike, she’s up now. Yeah
.here, it’s Mi
.Vaughn.” Will said, handing her her missing phone.

“You were talking to him? For how long?” Sydney said sitting up, shocked. Will just shrugged.

“It rang a while ago
..you were so knocked out you didn’t answer. I did so he wouldn’t freak out and send a swat team here or something. We were just chatting about guy stuff.” Will said walking out. Sydney just gawked.

“Hey Vaughn. Have a nice chat with Will?” she asked first, still weirded out.

“Yeah
..nice to talk to a guy about 
whatever; whose NOT Eric. So, how you doing this morning?” he asked sweetly.

“Good. Ankles a bit sore. But very much rested.” Sydney replied.

“Yeah
..11 hours will do that for you. So, think you can come in to head quarters? We need to go over some briefings we didn’t get to last night. Only for a little while. Oh, and your mom’s been asking about you.” Vaughn mentioned. She smiled at that.

“Sure. Just don’t expect work attire. I don’t think ANY of my suit pants fit over this thing.” Sydney kidded.

“Yeah
.but you have cute toes. That’s all that matters.” He teased making her laugh.

“Okay, I’ll be there in a bit. Gotta figure out how to take a shower in this contraption.” She realized.

“Easy. Grocery bag it with a wash towel wrapped around the top. No problem in the bath. Know from experience.” Vaughn said.

“You’ve been in a similar situation?” Sydney asked, curious.

“I didn’t play hockey my whole life without a few injuries here and there. 12 years old, broke my ankle clean through when I collided with a goalie. 8 weeks in 2 different casts.” Vaughn mentioned. She smiled picturing it.

“Thanks for the tip. Bye Vaughn” she said a little reluctantly.

“Bye Syd. See you soon.” Vaughn replied hanging up. Will came back in then with a muffin and some coffee and orange juice.

“Breakfast, m’lady. That you’re ‘knight’?” Will kidded, happy to see her blush.

“Yes, Vaughn actually did rescue me. I’ve gotta go in for awhile, can you help me?” she asked helplessly.

“Absolutely.” He replied then proceeded to get everything she needed ready for her and put it in reaching distance. She managed wall enough and put on Adidas pants with pale yellow stripes, a pale yellow blouse with her suit type jacket. She pulled her hair all the way up from in a yellow scrunchie, hair spritzed out on top.

“Okay. All ready. Oh, wait. My jeeps at work!” she froze.

“You couldn’t drive it anyway, and it’s here now. Dixon had it brought here. There’s a car waiting for you outside.” Will mentioned as he went over some of his ‘Travel Agency’ reports.

“Really? But
.how can I just climb into a CIA escort without raising suspicions?” Sydney said as she made her way to the living room windows. Then she saw her ‘escort’. It was a cab. She smiled and nodded.

“Should have known.” She mumbled.

“Yeah, those CIA
.pretty bright people, ya know? Not just air between the ears.” Will kidded, poking fun at her. She just rolled her eyes and smiled.

“Ha ha, very cute. See you later.” She said, hobbling out the door, her purse draped across her chest. The ‘cab’ drove her around to be sure to loose any tails to an abandoned alley where she switched to a standard CIA car and then escorted her to the JTF HQ. Once there, the young agent helped Sydney out of the car and carried her purse all the way into the main bull pen area where she was greeted by both Vaughn and Eric.

“Wow Bristow. Nice contraption there. Can tell that sucks.” Eric commented, not having seen her new splint.

“Yeah, I really hate these crutches. They’re killing my arms. And my shoulder.” She grumbled, not very happy. Vaughn’s face pinched up in worry.

“I’m sorry, sit down here. I’ll be right back. Eric, get her whatever she wants.” Vaughn suddenly said, rushing off.

“Okay, sit here m’lady. Anything you need, m’lady? Magazine? Snack? Shot of vodka? Coloring book?” Eric stared, going in to one of his voices. Sydney just giggled away, shaking her head, but nodding vigorously at the vodka part.

“My kind of Lady!” Eric joked, more giggles ensuing. Vaughn finally returned with Sydney’s father.

“Hi sweet heart. Not liking the crutches, I hear. Glad to see Agent Weiss cheering you up. Listen, for today, you’re gonna stay off those crutches as much as possible. We’re all gonna help with that.” Jack said, looking at Eric, then to Vaughn. Sydney smiled, but shook her head.

“No, really, I’m fine. Please, don’t bother
.” She started.

“I really hate to pull rank here; as your ranking officer, I’m telling you this is what’s going to happen. Understood?” Jack said evenly, a hint of a smile on his face when he saw that Syd-6-year-old-stubborn face appear slightly. Sydney huffed slightly looking at Vaughn. He just shrugged giving her an 'I'm innocent' boy look.

“All right. How exactly are you all going to help?” she asked, narrowing her eyes.

“Simple.” Jack said and he stooped down and sweeped Sydney up into his arms.

“Like so.” he explained. Sydney just rolled her eyes more, blushing.

“Kendall can’t have you in a wheel chair, it’ll be too hard to get around here.” Vaughn explained when she glared at him playfully.

“Right now
.your mother wants to see you.” Jack explained, leaving Vaughn and Eric and heading to the roof. When he got through the door, they found Irina walking slowly around the very edge with one of the guards, talking casually.

“Hey mom!” Sydney called out, kicking her good foot unconsciously from her father’s arms, a smile spreading on her face. Irina turned and grinned at the innocent site of her ‘family’ then scowled at Syd’s injury. She nodded bye to the guard and made her way to the middle of the roof, meeting them.

“Oh, my poor girl. You Okay?” Irina said first, taking Sydney’s chin in her hand. Sydney shrugged a little, smiling sadly.

“I will be. For now, it’s vacation and SERIOUS TLC.” Syd said smiling and wiggling in Jack’s arms. Jack just smiled then gently set her on her good foot. Irina took Sydney’s other arm and set her down on the ground, sitting next to her as well.

“Thank you daddy.” Sydney said, beaming at him goodbye.

“Anytime, see you later
..Irina.” Jack said, nodding his acknowledgement to her.

“Jack.” Irina replied back, smiling truthfully at him. Before he could turn away, he couldn’t help but smile back at her. Sydney witnessed all this and when she had Irina alone, she narrowed her eyes playfully at her.

“What?” Irina asked innocently. Syd just shook her head, rolling her eyes. Sydney stayed with her mother for an hour, just catching up. Vaughn came to take her back inside for the meeting not too long later.

“We have that meeting to go over the rest of the mission I told you about. Sorry to cut things short.” He apologized, squatting down to their level.

“No problem. Need to stretch my legs more and since hobble here can’t keep up
.” Irina teased.

“Hey, not fair! Okay, bye mom. I’ll try to get in to visit again soon.” Sydney said, squeezing her mom’s hand. Then Irina leaned over and kissed Sydney on the temple for the first time since she was a little girl.

“Bye baby.” She said motherly.

“Bye mama.” Sydney said back in a whisper, teary eyed. She wrapped her arms around Vaughn’s neck and he swept her up, carrying her to the door.

“You okay?” he whispered quietly as they went down stairs.

“Yeah. GREAT!” she answered, taking notice how close she was to his gorgeous emerald eyes. You couldn’t wipe the silly grin off her face as they entered the meeting office. The meeting didn’t take long for Sydney, but Vaughn had to stay for more information, so Eric was next to escort Sydney to lunch. He took her to the cafeteria and ordered for them and they ate, Sydney almost choking, most of the time, on her food from all of Eric’s jokes and stories. Vaughn joined them shortly after. He looked distressed. Sydney was the first to notice.

“What’s wrong Vaughn?” Sydney asked, her face growing concerned.

“Dude, you look like someone ran over your dog
..” Eric joked, then saw his best friends face pale.

“Oh my gawd
..what happened to Donovan?” Eric said, getting serious.

“Ah
..I just got a call from my neighbor. Apparently Donovan got out of my yard going after a cat and chased it up a woodpile, but he didn’t make it. The woodpile fell on top of him. They had to dig him out. He’s in the hospital right now. I just had to okay a surgery for him
..for something, I think to save his life.” Vaughn said in a disbelieving voice, his face gaunt, and eyes full of fear.

{#}

An: There’s the next chapter! Another little cliffhanger. Hope you like it, please review and tell me what you think!!
Thanx!!

awwwwww... That was so cute! The ending was a little sad, but the chapter was great. Thank you so much for the long chapters. This story gets better and better everytime I read it. You still have me smiling, only thing is now you made my day. Thanks for the update, and the pm. You area really great writer. I'm going to miss you why your gone. Have agood, and safe trip. Can't wait for the next chapter! :woot:

Love ya,

Lauren :angelic:

P.s <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>HAPPY BIRTHDAY</span>

OMG that was wonderful! another long brilliant chapter!
happy 21th birthday and have a fun trip! I hope you will update as soon as you come back! I really really love it! no kidding!

maartje

ps I think you deserve a few more groupwaves :groupwave: :groupwave: :groupwave: :groupwave: :groupwave: :groupwave: :groupwave: :groupwave:

Hiya!! I'm back from my trip to Laughlin, and now I'm flat broke!! :money: :blush:

Here's the next part for you!! I don't know when I'll get the next part, I'm getting ready for a fancy wedding and need to go dress shopping!!! :blink:

I'll get it up as soon as possible!!! thanx for all the great reviews!!
You all are AWESOME!!!! (y) (y) (y)

D: J.J. and co.’s. Not mine.

An: Here’s the next chapter, sorry it’s been such a long time.

{#}

[previously]

“Donovan got out of my yard
..the wood fell on top of him
.they had to dig him out.”

[Now]

‘He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt

thou trust; his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.’

~psalm 91:4
:hishighholiness:

“He’s in the hospital. I had to tell them to authorize a surgery.” Vaughn said still in shock, repeating the same thing again.

“What type of surgery Vaughn?” Sydney said softly, voice full of concern.

“Uh,
.something about putting pins in his hind leg. He’s unconscious too from a hit to the head.” Vaughn said evenly, swallowing hard. Sydney’s face twisted up in pity.

“Poor thing. Go see him.” Sydney said, touching his hand.

“No
.he’ll be in surgery for at least an hour or so. Then out of it for awhile. They said in a couple hours or so.” Vaughn said defeated.

“I know he’s just a dog
..but that’s my little buddy.” Vaughn revealed, getting a choked voice.

“Oh
..we totally understand Mike. We all love Donny. He’s the best.” Eric sympathized. Sydney got Vaughn to eat something before she left to go home, done for the day. She wished Vaughn luck and concern for Donovan then made sure he’d call to update her on his condition.

When the ‘escort’ dropped her off, she had a plan set in her mind that would cheer her handler up. At least a little anyways. She made a call, then had Will run an errand for her.

That evening when Vaughn stopped by Tender Hearts Emergency Animal Hospital to visit his dog, he found Donovan in a middle level air circulatory/warmer cage
..with a special treat.

“What’s this?” Vaughn asked after patting the groggy Donovan.

“It was delivered by a young gentleman about 2 hours ago. Shaggy light brown hair, ‘bout your height. Glasses. Kinda cute.” A nurse replied as she fiddled with the I.V. board and straightened the blanket under Donovan’s bright green cast. The toy was a small squeaky stuffed doll.

A clown doll.

With BRIGHT red hair.

“There was a note left on the cage door.” The nurse said detaching it and handing it to Vaughn. He read it and smiled. It said :

‘To Donovan,

In hopes to cheer you up and send you on the way to recovery so that my guardian angel may be at peace.

Love, Lola

He kept the note and gently tucked the clown toy back next to Donovan’s head where he laid his head on it. It squeaked a little as Vaughn visited with him a little longer. He found out that he gets to bring him home the next afternoon.

When he got home and settled after dinner he called Sydney’s phone. She answered on the 2nd ring.

“Hey, thanks. Donovan loves his little clown. He lays his head on it.” Vaughn said with a smile.

“Your welcome. Guess I know how he’s feeling, in a way. How’s he doing?” she asked, lying back in her bed.

“Good. A little groggy on meds and he was in the air chamber, a little shock-y after the emergency surgery, but happy. He gets to come home tomorrow. Don’t know how I’ll deal with him, being gone at work all the time.” Vaughn said, realizing his situation.

“Well
.I’ll take care of him.” Sydney said, evenly, like it was an everyday thing.

“What?!” Vaughn exclaimed, shocked.

“Well
..why not? I’m pretty much house-ridden till I get my walking cast. I’m not going in to HQ any time soon. I’ll be home the whole time. I can watch him.” Sydney explained logically. Vaughn thought about it forwards and backwards trying to find any reason not to go with it. When he didn’t find any, he smiled.

“Well
.I can’t find any reason not to let Donovan over, that way I’d be a little more relaxed. Just going about getting him there will take a little planning.” Vaughn said, trying to figure out a workable plan. An hour later they had a story all planned out.

“So, Will is going to pick up his ‘cousin’s’ dog, to care for him since his cousin’s away on vacation. Will had been feeding the dog for his ‘cousin’ while he was away. Eric will get the paperwork out just in case. Seem set?” Sydney asked with a yawn.

“Yep
.it’s getting late and you’re probably exhausted from having to be out and about today. Have a good night, Sydney. Take care.” Vaughn said, stifling a yawn himself.

“I will
..and you too. Bye.” She said sweetly before hanging up. She fell asleep with a smile, thinking about Vaughn.

The next day Donovan came home to stay with Sydney and Sydney instantly fell in love with the canine.

Over the next 2 weeks, both cripples lounged about the house, movie watching, reading and snoozing. Francie wasn’t completely thrilled to have the slobbering dog underfoot, but took pity on the poor mutt. By a week in she was preparing special dinners for the ‘little prince’. Vaughn was mortified that his dog was gonna come home 10 pounds heavier and spoiled rotten.

On the day Sydney went in to receive her walking cast, Will carrying her the whole time, Francie staid with Donovan. Sydney gritt her teeth as they re-x-rayed her ankle and began the work of molding a walking cast to her. This time they gave her a walking cane instead of just crutches. In 48 hours she would start walking little by little till she was just using the cane. Then after 1 week she should be walking on it like a pro. Will carried her up to HQ to stop by her desk. As he was walking in they ran into Jack and Vaughn rushing by.

“Hey Syd! Got your cast on now? What’d the doctor say about your ankle?” Vaughn said, smiling at her.

“Hi dad
..Vaughn. He said I’m healing nicely, maybe only 4 weeks in this thing, then to therapy.” She said, happy she was moving faster.

“Well, since you’re hare, come to the meeting. It’s on the information from Mr. Castello. He’ll be there too.” Jack said, a glint in his eye. He didn’t exactly LIKE the man, if only for the fact that he put his only daughter in all this misery.

“Great. Will, I’ll have my dad take me home. Go ahead. Tell Francie I’m having lunch with him.” Sydney said, letting him pass her off to Vaughn, who smiled like a little kid who just got permission to raid the biggest candy store.

“Sure. See you later Syd. Bye Mike
.Mr. Bristow.” Will said, leaving to check his desk, then to home. Vaughn carried Sydney as they left to the meeting. The meeting went over all that Mr. Castello could give the CIA; a huge step towards the takedown of SD-6 and all the Alliances.

After the meeting, Mr. Castello got permission to apologize personally to Sydney whose reply was
. Well, different.

“Actually, I want to thank you for getting me some vacation time
..and it’s not all that bad. I LOVE everyone pampering me for a change.” Sydney gazed at Vaughn, thinking how much he actually did do for her. He was always there, protecting her and being there for her whenever she needed him. Guardian Angel was a perfect title he deserved. She turned red at her thought. Mr. Castello watched this than leaned in.

“You may have been ‘playing’ fiancé’s but let me tell you
.you two didn’t have to ‘act’ all that much. You’re very good at it NATURALLY already.” He teased, seeing how she blushed.

“Thank you. And
..maybe once I’m all healed up I can take you up on that dance.” She replied kindly.

“At the wedding, I’ll bet.” He said winking. Sydney just smiled bigger.

So for the next couple days Syd was still house ridden
.By the following week she was back to work. With a lot of help from the cane and kind people helping her out. Donovan went home shortly after, he himself getting around well. The next couple of weeks went swiftly for Sydney as she got comfortable in her ‘light’ duty status in both SD-6 and the CIA. She was eventually walking around on her cast like it was another shoe, like predicted.

She got her cast removed and a brace type bandage replaced it as she began therapy. And she bounced back faster than even she expected; back to field status in just over 3 weeks, with only a small brace to wear for protection.

Donovan healed up well and lost some of those pounds put on from his stay with Sydney. Vaughn made sure to run him on his jogs where he frequently ‘ran into’ Sydney as she was doing her therapy runs.

Another thing that was making it’s way together was Francie’s “Open Mike Night”. It was starting to become a big event. And Francie found a little
..secret about Sydney which she or anyone for that matter never noticed before.

Francie had come home one afternoon to find Sydney working on her exercises with head phones on. Francie stood there frozen as Sydney sang the most beautiful version of ‘Angel’ by Sarah McLacklin. She was so moved by how pretty Syd’s voice was, she got teary-eyed. Will came in next and he too was mesmerized.

Finally Sydney turned and yelped, jumping a little at seeing them standing there staring at her. She took off her headphones and slowly caught her breath.

“Hey! I didn’t hear you come in!
.What?” she asked getting worried that they were still standing there not moving.

“Th-that was
..” Will stared, shaking his head in shock.

“Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Sydney!?! Where’d THAT come from?! How come you didn’t tell me you could SING like that?!?” Francie finished, wiping a lone tear away and going over to her. Sydney just nibbled her lip, shrugging.

“I don’t know. I don’t think it’s all that special.” Sydney mumbled. Will huffed in disbelief.

“Sydney! You’re great! You definitely need to sing at Francie’s O.M.N.!” Will said, shocked she didn’t believe in herself.

“What’s this?!” Francie said, picking up a medium sized notebook with writings filling half of it.

“Oh
..just some things
.some stuff I wrote
..no biggy.” Sydney said, trying to reach for it. Francie held onto reading it like a nosey friend would.

“Syd!?! This is fabulous! YOU wrote this?!” Francie exclaimed. Sydney blushed and nodded meekly.

“This is perfect! My BEST friend is a closet singer AND songwriter! Move over Jewel, here comes Sydney!” Francie exclaimed, smiling as she flipped more through the pages. It dated back to her college years. Francie nodded at Sydney.

“You, my friend, are singing at my O.M.N. No buts.” Francie said, ending the conversation there.

So Sydney was now practicing at home and when she ever got to be alone at the restaurant when Francie closed. Her life was returning back to like it was before the accident, except with her practicing her songs with Francie’s house band a few nights a week.

Then the big day came. The day Sydney had been fighting for and lost SO much for. The day the CIA and other agencies took down the Alliance. All 12 cells. And Sydney and Vaughn, with Eric close by, raided SD-6, taking it down.

Also, Sydney and Vaughn’s relationship became VERY much closer. But, unbeknownst to anyone, Francie was murdered and replaced by a ‘double’. With Sloane and Sark still out free, Sydney realized the night after her and Vaughn didn’t quite make it to dinner, that her fight wasn’t over.

With Evil Francie in place, Sloane and Sark were still very much in the game.
And because of the Evil Francie in place, Sydney and Will began to notice Francie acting oddly.

One morning Sydney woke up on a rare day off, to an empty bed. She got a confused look on her face till she made her way to the kitchen and could hear before she saw Vaughn and Will fighting. Over the cereal box toy.

“Dude
.just cause your like
.Syd’s betrothed or whatever doesn’t give you precedence over the bobble head toy! It’s mine fair and square!” Will threatened.

“How? I poured my bowl first. That means I get the toy. It’s like

calling shot-gun.” Vaughn defended.

“No
..no way. I’VE lived here longer than you’ve been here. Seniority rules.” Will said back. Sydney couldn’t help playing along.

“Oh Boys!
.let’s stop fighting. Besides
.I bought the Kix. Therefore, the Goofy bobble head toy is
.MIO!” Sydney said motherly, reaching into the box expertly and pulling out the toy.

“Oh
.cute!” Sydney said girly, playing with her new toy as both ‘Boys’ finished their cereal sullenly. Will couldn’t help but stick his tongue out at Vaughn.

“Hey! Syd?! He stuck his tongue out at me!” Vaughn cried, pointing. Sydney just rolled her eyes and turned to Francie. Her face dropped and she looked thoroughly lost. Francie looked up at her sudden face.

“What is it?” Francie asked evenly.

“You’re eating an orange?” Sydney pointed out slowly. Francie looked at her then the orange, not getting it.

“Yeah
..it’s breakfast.” Francie said evenly again.

“You NEVER eat oranges, not matter WHAT meal of the day. You hate getting all the pulpy stuff in your teeth.” Sydney pointed out to her. Francie froze, but then smiled, devilishly almost.

“I changed my mind. It doesn’t bother me so much anymore. Girls gotta get her Vitamin C.” Francie said, passing by her and leaving to her room like that explained everything. Vaughn and Will witnessed this, Sydney giving them a confused/worried look.

Sydney’s phone going off snapped her from her thought as she answered it. Then Vaughn’s went off.

“Hey bud, it’s me
.need you in HQ. Something’s up
..can you tell Sydney too?” Eric asked, knowing wherever one of them is, the other’s not far off.

“Uh
.she’s talking to Jack right now actually.” Vaughn revealed. Eric just snorted.

“He’s like 10 ft. from me. We should have just called ONE of you. Saved some minutes. Alright,
see ya’ soon man.” Eric said hanging up. Jack hung up then too.

“That was Eric. Did your dad say to come in
..that something’s up?” Vaughn asked as Sydney came over.

“Yeah. Something to do with my moms ‘empire’.” Sydney said. They got dressed then left to the J.T.F. within a half-hour. When they arrived, everyone was a little bit busier. Kendall met up with them.

“Good, you’re both here, we received intel that Sloane and Sark are starting to try to take over Derevko’s empire in her absence. Your mother is NOT very comfortable with this since if he succeeded
..a LOT of important people around the world would be in danger from BOTH sides. Jack’s down with her now trying to put everything together. She might have to make an ‘appearance’.” Kendall stated briefly.

“Release her again? On another mission?” Sydney asked.

“Precisely
..there is a place in Russia where you mom has some very important belongings that she’d wanted to retrieve for some time now. Seems like a good time for her to go get it, making her appearance. You’re on her team.” Kendall announced to Vaughn.

“Me, sir?” Vaughn asked, not sure about why.

“Irina asked for you personally. Apparently, she trusts you. You, Jack, and Sydney.” Kendall pointed out. Vaughn didn’t know how to take that.

They made their way to Irina’s cell to find Jack on the Inside at a table with different maps and photos strewn all about. The guards let Syd and Vaughn in and they joined in the planning.

A few hours later Eric came to escort Marshall who was gonna go over some ‘gadgets’ they’d be using. Marshall saw the ‘family’ and smiled, going off on one of his rants.

“Wow
..all sitting together
..all you need is a turkey and some trimmings
.you’d be set
” Marshall mumbled out. Jack growled, Syd smirked, and Irina smiled truly.

“Or a deck of cards.” Eric murmured, finally getting Vaughn to smirk.

“Ahem
”Jack interrupted, getting them back to work. Eric was also going as the point man. The mission was set in 2 days.

“Teach them to mess with what’s not THEIRS. They didn’t work for YEARS creating.” Irina told Sydney as she was out on her walk, mumbling almost to herself. Sydney just smiled at that, not sure if it was a good or bad that she had ‘created’ it.

“Mom, why’d you ask for Vaughn on this mission?” Sydney asked finally.

“I was wondering when you’d get to that
.because he is the only one I know that will keep you safe and protect you wholly, with nothing else on his mind to
..distract him.” Irina stated.

“But dad’s gonna be there. And you
..oh, I see. He’ll be distracted by you and vise-versa.” Sydney put together.

“Even if neither of us wants to admit it.” Irina finished, smiling sadly/shyly at her daughter.

“I’ve seen those looks
.between you two. Little
..moments.” Sydney revealed quietly, dimpling at the girly type of conversation she was having. Irina just nodded some more, smiling a little more. She could only shrug.

Sydney didn’t stay long with her mom and afterwards her and Vaughn went out for dinner.

“What do you think the belongings are your mom wants so badly?”
Vaughn asked, picking her brain instead of his own for awhile. Sydney shrugged.

“The way she’s attached to those earrings
.probably something personal.” Sydney said. Vaughn nodded at the good guess.

“Do you think it has anything to do with you
.or your father?” Vaughn asked softly. Sydney thought for a moment.

“Maybe.” She softly returned, not wanting to put too much hope in her voice. She’d hate to be disappointed. He didn’t push any further.

2 days later Jack, Irina, Sydney, Vaughn, Eric and 2 other agents left for Russia. The two agents would play Irina’s ‘men’ as if she was still out and running things. Kendall and Jack had convinced Irina to bring 2 agents that Sloane wouldn’t recognize if they happened to be found out. Eric ran point-ops while Jack, Sydney, and Vaughn sat on the ready to charge in on the smallest sign of trouble.

That came before Irina could get through her own front door of her pueblo home.

“This is MY house!” she threatened, instantly hitting the anger button. This pueblo had been in her family for generations. It was said without being said that no one messed with it, no one trespassed. It was like when you didn’t have to worry about locking you doors in a church parking lot. Almost sacred. And now she was denied entrance on her own land.

Jack instantly noticed his ex-wife’s mood change.

“You DARE trespass on my family’s home
..that’s-that’s
.WRONG!” Irina boiled, not able to see straight let alone speak.

“She’s losing it. She’s gonna do something that’ll jeopardize this whole mission!” Sydney pointed out.

“We can’t go out till it’s absolutely necessary. Once Sloane sees us, he’ll know she’s with the CIA; he’ll have her killed on the spot.” Jack said tersely, barely able to hold back himself.

“Oh
..dear Irina
..this isn’t yours anymore
..I decided to move in and take over
.since you decided to disappear whereEVER you ran off to. Go back, you don’t belong here anymore.” Sloane said over the phone to her that one of the guards there had given to her.

“Your making a huge mistake
..there’s a lot
..a LOT of s**t you can take from me, steal from me, do to me
.but not this. You’ll be sorry
..I SWEAR it! You don’t even KNOW what they’ve got on you already. My own DAUGHTER will take you down herself
..with ME right by her side!” Irina seethed into the phone. Sloane startled, then realized what she inadvertently revealed. Jack cursed.

“She told him! Let’s go! He’ll have her killed right where she's standing!” Jack yelled jumping out the van.

“You
..you little
TRAITOR!! You’re working for the CIA! You sold us out!” Sloane said through clenched teeth then hung up, then dialed a number.

“Destroy it! Everything! Kill WHOEVER is on sight!” he hollered then slammed his phone down, Sark right next to him in shock. He’d been Irina’s right hand man for YEARS. He never saw this coming. He KNEW about her soft spot for her family, but THIS? Then he froze.
He knew her soft spot.
Family.

He had a plan forming, a way to get back at Irina for her betrayal on him. He’ been waiting for her to show herself for awhile now. And now she’s chosen the other side.

He’d beat her at her own game.

After all, she’d taught him everything he knew.

{#}

An: There’s another little cliffhanger. Hope you liked this chapter. Please review and tell me what you think or if you have any questions.

Back