How emotionally attached to Sydney are you?

Sydney Bristow has been through a whole lot in her life since we first saw her with her head being f

• Are you some kind of wuss dude? Of course I'm NOT attached to her, she's not real.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just BARELY and temporarily during some emotional scenes. Sydney is nice but she's not real.

• I'm attached to her even though I know she's not real.

• I'm very attached to her... Sydney means a LOT to me even though she's not real.

• I am as emotionally attached to her as if she was a real person.

• I love Sydney Bristow to death. I really love her.

• Total voters

ivand67

Sydney's Lover
(I don't want this topic moved from here because it really doesn't fit into any other forum - it's not really about Sydney that much - it's a fan poll on how they feel about the show's main character, so it doesn't really go in the Sydney/Jen actor forum, I think it goes here.)

Think about how you feel when you've watched re-runs of Alias. Do you put yourself in Sydney's shoes? Do you feel for her? How much? How much, really? Be honest!

I have to say that I picked the "I am as emotionally attached to her as if she was a real person."

Sydney is the show. Her life is the show and obviously, if you're a fan of the show, you must like Sydney one way or another. By now I've seen an episode of Alias, new or old, probably about 150 times (damn that's a lot but I would guess there's some of you that have seen it more).

Anyways, I don't know why, but having seen the pilot all the way through to the last episode "Blowback" (and every episode at least 3, probably 4 times), I feel really emotionally attached to Sydney and I'm appreciating Jennifer as a great actress a whole lot more. One of the best emotional Sydney scenes is when Irina was able to go outdoors to the top of the roof of the building where she was being held captive by the CIA and Sydney went there to talk to her and they had a very quick chat and hugged each other, and both of them were crying. Also, Danny Hecht's funeral scene - Jen did real well there. That's just 2 examples, there are probably about 100 scenes from this show that are emotional Sydney scenes (her in the hot tub back in her old apartment, her talking to Vaughn near the end of 3x01 "The Two", etc.

Vaughn is a good guy and he's cool, but the only reason I really want to see Sydney and Vaughn together again is because that's something that would make her happy. It sucks to see her "depressed" this season.

Whenever I have a daughter, Sydney will be her name, for sure. :blush:

I voted "I'm attached to her even though I know she's not real."
She's the heart of Alias so it's pretty much impossible not to be attached to her..

I'm attached to her even though I know she's not real, i can accept the fact she isn't real. I don't get too attached to characters.

yeah im definatly attached. Like during the whole vaughn/syd isses & scenes Im like nearly crying and i feel like my heart sinking with her.
and like when syd is like trapped somewhere i fully get anxiety even though i know she will get out perfectly fine....
i think that is one of the great things about this show - you get so into it and feel like your actualy involved in the story
course maybe thats just me - i do get a little too into shows o well ;) ^_^ :angelic:

I voted "I'm attached to her even though I know she's not real." I find that some attachment really helps you enjoy the show more. Of course a balance is critical. Otherwise, you are borderng on being mental.

Xin Li

yeah, I agree. And people say Jen was crazy when she cried for Syd's character at the end of Season 2. I wasn't in tears, but I felt bad for her, and I felt bad for her all through this season.

i'm emotionally attached to her as if she were a real person, when something bad happens to her on alias, like the whole vaughn situation i was sooooo sad i cried a couple of times and i would rant on and on about it to my friends and family :lol:

i guess i'm mental :happydance:

She's an admirable character, not real, but even JJ sometimes crosses the line between the character and the actress, imbuing Sydney with some of JG's personality, not to mention Sydney's middle name.

The most powerful scenes in the entire 3 seasons were between Syd and Mom. Syd and Vaughn were fluff, but Syd and Mom were the reasons JG and LO were nominated for Emmys. And Jack, well, I want him to be my Daddy.

Back