How emotionally attached to Sydney are you?

Sydney Bristow has been through a whole lot in her life since we first saw her with her head being f

• Are you some kind of wuss dude? Of course I'm NOT attached to her, she's not real.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just BARELY and temporarily during some emotional scenes. Sydney is nice but she's not real.

• I'm attached to her even though I know she's not real.

• I'm very attached to her... Sydney means a LOT to me even though she's not real.

• I am as emotionally attached to her as if she was a real person.

• I love Sydney Bristow to death. I really love her.

• Total voters
Just for kicks, I searched for the name Sydney Bristow in several large internet white pages, and came up with nothing. This is scarying me. Could it be..that she's not real?

i think i'm bordering on insanity. even though i know she isn't real and she has been through loads of felgercarb - i would swap lives with her in a flash. or is that jennifer garner? the more emotionally attached i am the more depressed i am so i'm constantly toning it down a notch...

I'm Emmotionally attached cuz Jen plays her character so well she makes it seem like there really is a Sydney Bristow.She is so Awesome at what she does!!!!

I know she's not real, but I still feel for her. I mean, a lot of the reason I find S3 so hard to watch is that every episode seems to be more and more painful for Sydney.

ms.katejones said:
I know she's not real, but I still feel for her. I mean, a lot of the reason I find S3 so hard to watch is that every episode seems to be more and more painful for Sydney.
[post="1034489"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

she is awsome. a character with emotions and everything else. she would be a great friend, yeah I know I am sad.

interesting poll! i am REALLY attatched to her....that's kind of funny to think of because she isn't real but yet she is...(i'm also attatched to Jennifer Garner!)

If there's one scene in Alias that I really felt emotionally attached to her, it was in season 3 when she watched the overweight bald guy in his behind bars get knifed because she couldn't answer the question given to her at first. (even though it was staged) I could feel her pain when she was watching a supposedly innocent bystander supposedly knifed.

I'm very attached to Syd Bristow, whenever she cries, I literally feel her pain, whenever she is happy, I'm happy for her too. Actually I'm emotionally attached to Jen Garner too.........lol, but more to Syd than Jen I guess......... :happydance:

ETA: also I'm very emotionally attached to the S/V relationship :love:

When I watch Alias, I kind of "morph" into an alternate universe where the characters are real. And in this universe, I love Sydney Bristow to death. When she cries, I cry; when she laughs, I laugh. Her missing two years, I felt lost myself.

When Alias is safely set aside in my DVD cases, or when ABC is airing the next show, however, I'm back into reality, where she's just a character (yet my favorite, of course).

I'm very attached even though I realize she's not real. That explains why I spend so much time on this site, watch all the old seasons over and over and I have even read some of the books.

But I really do have a life, I promise.

At first when I saw the poll topic, i thought "what an interesting poll..." but you have a point, ivand67, she is the emotional backbone to the entire show. i voted I'm attached to her even though I know she's not real.

I said "I am as emotionally attached to her as if she was a real person." Haha. Yep sometimes I forget she's not real. I'm always relating everything I see to what she does! For example we went miniture golfing today, and I pickup my ball from the hole and toss it a little, and catch it. And I'm like, "Wait Syd did that!" hehe. Especially when I'm talking to my brother! Sometimes he'll tell me something and be like, "Don't relate it to Sydney." Or I'll be like "hey you know what this reminds me of?" And my brother tells me, "Yes..." :D

hah wanna know something weird well it's not that weird but anyways I have a really hard PE teacher who over works us a lot. While we're running laps or doing something vigorous I always think about one thing: I am Sydney Bristow I am Sydney Bristow...can't fail can't fail

Once I think about that the work doesn't seem as hard and I always end up being the first one to finish the exercise

I sooo love Sydney! I know she's not real, but a part of me is convinced that she is. I always compare everything to her, and my conscience's name is Sydney. Whenever I hear that voice in my head, it's Sydney's voice. My friends think I'm crazy because I always say stuff like "I would do that, but Sydney told me not to." I literally think of her and Alias 24/7. Last week in science class, my teacher asked me a question, and I answered out loud "I wonder how Sydney will get out of that coffin? She'll pull a crazy spy move, that's how! Why do I even question her skills?!?" and everybody laughed at me. They knew what I was talking about though, because I never shut up about it...

When she feels lonely, I feel lonely. When she's happy, I'm happy. Sydney is a part of me, and always will be.

I'm not crazy, I do have a life! :blush: ;)

Back