Meant to Be

*whispers* she lives in the woods.. enough said

*points to her mini-profile on the left of her posts*

uhhh... the prologue is beFORE a fic... this is the end

*stares* i'm confused

:shock: a c-c-c...city? :cry: i'm so pwoud!!

Did you know that it took you around about 8 months to finish this fic Laur? 8 months for ten chapters and an epilogue! :blink:

LaurenRachael said:
I got the code, but soon after Egore ran away...
[post="1435440"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
egore?

HAHAHAHA! :sideroll: i mean umm... egore's an aMAzing name... for the 18th century

:rotflmao:

Cai said:
Did you know that it took you around about 8 months to finish this fic Laur? 8 months for ten chapters and an epilogue! :blink:
[post="1458716"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
well she's done better than me... trust me on that one ;)

speaking of whiiiiiiiich.. POST POST POST POST POST!

Lol I guess thats true... :rolleyes: I swear we haven't gotten a LYIE update in like six months, maybe more! *whines*

*goes back to chanting with JuJu* POST POST POST! Although it's already up at innocent-lies :lol:

It had better be next on your list! I think it has been for the entire year :rolleyes:

I guess thwee sentences is a start though :happydance:

where are the 10 chapter and epilogue?? I think I missed something... anyway, just... PM me when you post the end of it!!! I'll have to re-read the begining though... it's been such a loooong time!

Fraizoo, missy Laur here was silly enough to post it elsewhere (innocent-lies.net, I think?) and I think she kinda forgot to post chapter 10 and the epilogue here... :blink:

*kick*

she DID? :rotflmao:

*slaps Laur's hand excitedly* :sideroll:

*catches Cai's :mellow: face*

I mean... uhh...

:whip:

BAD LAUR!

Laur... I swear... if you say what I know you're thinking right now...

OH GOD!

*runs around screaming*

"Thinking" even almost rhymes with "kinky"

:Ph34r:

You have rotted my mind, Laur ^_^ :lol:

"Thinking" even almost rhymes with "kinky"

How is it even possible that you would even think or something like kinky when you say the word thinking? :confused:

*slowly backs away*

:blink:

:sideroll: Juju, you FREAK!!!

I'll try to dig it up.

A/N: I have no clue about this baby stuff, so please excuse any mistakes.
Chapter 10
Syd's POV

I woke up, knowing I was going into labor. Vaughn and I opted for a home birth. The doctor and Francie were here within the hour. The doctor, Dr. Rover, said that things were moving along nicely.

That's when it hit me. I knew something was wrong. The pain wouldn't dissipate, and soon everything went black.

--

I feel hot. I can’t move. Or can I? My ears are ringing. I feel someone touching my arm. I hear my husband’s voice.

I feel a cold cloth on my forehead.

I hear footsteps fading away from me. I want to call out for him to come back. I feel helpless

I hear my husband’s frenzied voice on the telephone in the living room. Bits of the conversation register in my mind. Fever… blood…

I hear fear.

Hands touch my large 8-month-pregnant belly. Hands roam my face. The cool cloth dabs all over my already damp body.

I feel the slight vibrating of many footsteps through the bed. Closer and closer, then finally it stops. I feel someone take my pulse, take my temperature, and listen to the babies’ heart beats.

I feel my husband take my hand.

I feel a sharp pain in my lower abdomen. I know something is terribly wrong.

I feel the sheets move from under me as my legs thrash around. I feel a pinch on the top of my hand, and coldness rises up my arm.

I feel nothing.

I see darkness.

I try to open my eyes, but do not succeed. I try once more, and triumph. I’m in a white room. Hospital, no doubt. Something feels different. I look to my right, only to find an empty chair with a jacket slung over it. Turning my head to the left, I see Michael Vaughn standing in front of an open window, curtains much the ones found in hotels.

I try to use my voice, but am too hoarse for him to understand me. Michael walks over and hands me water with his right hand. I take a small sip.

Knowing that I was under anesthesia, thanks to the dry throat and very fuzzy mind, I asked, “What’s—“

I’m cut off by the realization that he had a child in his arms. The previous night comes rushing back to me. My hand reaches down to rub my assumed very large stomach, but my hand falls down to the semi-flatness. Tears form in my eyes, and I’m not sure if they are happy tears or sad tears. Before long, a baby girl is placed in my arms. I look up at Vaughn with wondering eyes, and then look around the room. When I look back up, I see a tear fall from the edge of his eye. He shakes his head.

I cradle the baby in my arms tightly and begin to rock back and forth, as best I can do while laying down, ignoring the shooting pain coming from the incision. I feel sobs wrack my body. I see black consuming my vision.

I hear nothing.

I see nothing.

I feel nothing; nothing but pain.

I hear a noise. The distinct noise of a wailing child drifts into my open ears. My eyes open once more. I look automatically to my left and see Vaughn cradling our newborn, bouncing her, trying desperately to get her to quiet down. He’s whispering to her, telling her that her mommy needs rest. Obviously, her child takes after her. Stubborn.

”Vaughn?" I whisper, catching his attention through the wailing. He looks at me and glances at the child quickly, probably making sure that she's still there, I ponder. 'May I?' I mouth, wanting to be close to my only child.

My only child.

I let the tears fall, knowing that trying to stop them was nearly impossible. Michael walks over to me again, placing her in my arms once more. She is simply lying on my chest, still crying. I feel him move my bed so I am sitting up slightly.

I trace the outline of the little girl's face, memorizing every detail of her soft, beautiful face. Her eyes are blue, for now. She has a little hair on her head, and it appears to be dark. She has my nose and Vaughn's lips. It's obvious to see.

"6 pounds 2 ounces, 16 inches tall, born at 4:23am by cesarean section by Dr. Rover.

"… Her brother wasn't so lucky. He… passed away… after delivery. He was 6 pounds 8 ounces, also 16 inches, born at 4:22am." A sob escaped his lips and his chin scrunched up, attempting to stop himself.

"They said he was a fighter. The umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck and cut off his blood and oxygen. They revived him for a short time, but it was useless. He was gone." Michael walked over to me and cradled me in his arms, with one hand resting on their daughter. He kissed me on the cheek, then gave his daughter a turn .He lets out another sob, and so do I. Then another, and another, until neither of us are aware that the three of us are still crying.
Vaughn POV

I watch as Sydney begins to comfort her child, rocking her sideways, and holding her close. She began whispering words to her, telling her that it was okay. She wrapped the blanket up around her a little closer.

When all else failed, I hear her sweet, soft voice fill the air.

"There's two things I know for sure,
She was sent here from heaven, and she's Daddy's little girl.
As I drop to my knees by her bed at night
She talks to Jesus and I close my eyes
And I thank God for all of the joy in my life, oh but most of all...

For butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer
Sticking little white flowers all up in her hair" her voice wavered, as she was trying not to cry. The baby had quieted down nearly the moment she began singing. Now, her eyes were beginning to drift shut. She glanced up at me and I noticed tears still dampening my face.

"Walk beside the pony Daddy, it's my first ride
I know the cake looks funny Daddy, but I sure tried
Oh with all that I've done wrong, I must of done something right
To deserve a hug every morning, and butterfly kisses at night."

The baby is asleep now, and Sydney is very tired. I can see her trying not to let her eyes droop shut. I lean over and kiss her on the forehead. "It's ok… Get some rest. I love you, Sydney. I love you. And you. More than words could every say…"

She snuggled into my arms further, if that was even possible and I softly caress her arm, soothing her off to sleep.

She sighs happily, and I hear her say softly, "Heather. Heather Aimee."

I see nothing.

Last teensy-weensy part
Syd's POV
A/N: Ok, so I can't decide which person (first, second or third) I like to write better. This one's in third, so sorry if I annoy you with the switching :P This is very short!

You are at the end of the pier. It's daylight; nearly empty, but there are only a few strays wandering around aimlessly. You hardly notice this, and you don't care, either. You only notice the pain being expelled by your heart and the small tin can you hold in your hand. Within that tin is a small part of you.

Your husband is standing parallel to you on your right, and he is slowly rubbing your back as you sit in your wheel chair. He is holding Heather, and you are holding Adam. His movements cause you to shiver, and you feel guilty and shameful for feeling these things at your son's memorial.

He helps you stand up, and you open the small can given to you. Vaughn grabs your hand and, with one swing of your clasped hands, gray ashes fly out of the can, and blow in the wind until they land on the top of the water. Together, you whisper, "I love you."

You begin to sing the song that has adorned your mind for the last three days,

"Fly, fly little wing
Fly beyond imagining
The softest cloud, the whitest dove
Upon the wind of heaven's love
Past the planets and the stars
Leave this lonely world of ours
Escape the sorrow and the pain
And fly again

Fly, fly precious one
Your endless journey has begun
Take your gentle happiness
Far too beautiful for this
Cross over to the other shore
There is peace forevermore
But hold this mem'ry bittersweet
Until we meet

Fly, fly do not fear
Don't waste a breath, don't shed a tear
Your heart is pure, your soul is free
Be on your way, don't wait for me
Above the universe you'll climb
On beyond the hands of time
The moon will rise, the sun will set
But I won't forget

Fly, fly little wing
Fly where only angels sing
Fly away, the time is right
Go now, find the light"

You shakily take another breath and lean into Vaughn's embrace, who wraps his arm around your shoulder. The tears go unnoticed as you stand there, saying farewell to your son.

fin

*camera zooms out*

I always wanted to say that :P. Well, I hope you like it… :thinking: I'm just happy that this is over. It was my first fic, and has taught me a lot in writing. Thanks everyone =]

~VartansGirl~
Alias Fan Gillian
Aliasfan13
ashqua
ASIOagent
Bekirock
berry_kyoote_spy88
Bubbles
Cai
frangipani
Gartan011
gucci_94
helpleessromantic
iluvalias0203
Littlemissliketofight
maddy28
sab-alias
Scialet
shotput25ash
Spy_Love
swimfan
sydneyluvsvaughn4eva
texasalias2004
Vaughnlover15
vaughnshoney

Personal Message to Bekirock will fail because Bekirock has reached the maximum allowed stored messages
Personal Message to gartan011 will fail because gartan011 has reached the maximum allowed stored messages
ETA:

Bekirock and gartan011, empty out your PM boxes! You've reached your PM limit, which is why you did not get a PM (I'll try again in a few days, incase you've cleaned it out)!!!

Back