Never Ending

OMG!!
I missed a lot in this last week! I can't believe you killed Vaughn! I cried!
and I think you should write that season 3 fic you were talking about earlier, I think it will be great! or have you already started it? please PM me if you have begun or will begin ok?
I'm really wondering where this story is going... Vaughn IS really dead isn't he?
hmmm keep me posted please
keep up the good work!
love ya,

maartje

I think I have y'all waiting long enough!! :P I'll post the next one now!!
Seriously, sorry for the delay! :blush: I've been working for like 4 days straight now cause I took so many vacations this summer! :cool:
Here y'all go!! Hope you like it!! Thanx for the great reviews!!!!! :woot:

D: Blah Blah, yackity smackity, not mine.

{#}

“And now it is an angel’s song,

that makes the heavens be mute.”

-The Rime of the Ancient Mariner.

The next day was chaotic, as the long awaited Open Mic Night had finally arrived. The concert was set to start at 8:00pm, and would go through till 11:00pm or so. The auditorium was beautifully decorated in different purples and a moon and stars theme. At 8:00pm on the dot, Sytory officially announced the beginning of O.M.N. and the opening act was by Lena and Julia playing “All the Things She Said.”

About an hour or so in Jack received a call.

“What!? You’ve GOT to be kidding me!! But……how’s that possible?!…..Alright……HERE?! Tonight?!……Okay, yes sir. I won’t…..she’s in the last segment, towards the end. Okay, bye.” Jack said, then puffed his cheeks out.

“My Gawd…….” He mumbled as he watched Eric climb the stage. He sang his song, beginning it by lighting a candle and setting it with 2 pictures, one of Gabby, one of Baby Erica. It was set on the stage by his feet. Jack watched transfixed…..and waiting. His niece played another song, then after 2 more acts Anna, Jim’s sister, performed her song, bringing everybody to tears.

I’m so tired of being here

Suppressed by my childish fears

And if you have to leave

I wish you would just leave

Because your presence still lingers here

And it won’t leave me alone

These wounds won’t seem to heal

This pain is just too real

There’s just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried I’d wipe away all of your tears

When you’d scream I’d fight away all of your fears

And I’ve held your hand through all of these years

But you still have all of me

You use to captivate me

By your resonating light

But now I’m bound by the life you left behind

Your face it haunts my once pleasant dreams

Your voice it chased away all the sanity in me

The pain is just too real

And I’ve held you hand through all of these years

I’ve tried so hard to tell myself that you’re gone

And though you’re still with me

I’ve been alone all along

The pain is just too real

And I’ve held you hand through all of these years

After close to another hour, the third and last segment started. Sydney was the second act, only 3 followed her.

Jack began to get anxious when he saw a familiar agent come in the side door, to the right of the stage, Sydney’s left as she sat on her stool, preparing to start. In her tight black blouse with the sleeves that bell bottomed, and her hair just pulled back from behind her ears, the light shining on her, she began her song.

Pray God you can cope

I stand outside this woman’s work,

This woman’s world.

Ooh, it’s hard on the man,

Now his part is over.

Now starts the craft of the father.

Jacks eyes almost fell out of his head when he saw who else came in the side door…..accompanied by his ex-wife. He made eye contact with her and she grinned and winked before returning her attention back to her beautiful daughter.

I know you have a little life in you yet.

I know you have a lot of strength left.

I should be crying, but I just can’t let it show.

I should be hoping, but I can’t stop thinking

Of all the things I should’ve said,

That I never said.

All the things I should’ve done,

That I never did

All the things I should’ve given

But I didn’t

Oh, darling, make it go,

Make it go away.

As Sydney sang, getting into the song, her emotions came over her, and by the ending of the highest notes, she sang with everything she was, tears escaping down her face.

Give me these moments back.

Give them back to me

Give me that little kiss

Give me your hand.

I should be crying, but I just can’t let it show.

I should be hoping, but I can’t stop thinking

Of all the things we should’ve said,

That were never said.

All the things we should’ve done,

That we never did.

All the things that you needed from me.

All the things you wanted for me.

All the things that I should’ve given,

But I didn’t

Oh, darling, make it go away.

Just make it go away now.

As she finished singing the last note she opened her eyes to the standing ovation that followed. She stood, going closer to the edge of the stage to bow and thank everyone.

The person beside Irina slowly made their way across the floor, up the stairs at the side of the stage, and slowly made their way to the center.

Sydney caught this feeling suddenly and slowly turned her head, feeling before seeing, the person standing at the edge of the lights.

She gasped; dropping the microphone as the whole place began to silence. She covered her face, beginning to sob, then looked up again to be sure that what she saw was real.

And it was.

They stared at each other another moment, the person taking the last step into the lights. Sydney struggled to breathe as she croaked out.

“Vaughn??” the look in his eyes was all she needed. The longing, pain, love, hurt. He stood still as she walked over to him until she was only mere inches from him.

She just couldn’t believe her eyes.

“Hey Syd.” He said hoarsely, giving her one of his melting, go-weak-at-the-knees smiles and she lost it. She through herself into his arms as a sob escaped her. Vaughn dropped the cane he’d been using and wrapped both arms tightly around her, burying his face in her neck, crying himself. They held onto each other desperately, crying.

“I can’t believe it!……I’m dreaming! This isn’t real!” Sydney sobbed out. Then suddenly she felt a sharp pinch on her bum.

“Ouch!…..hey!” she startled hoarsely, eyeing him with a glare.

“Nope. Guess you’re not dreaming.” He replied deeply with a smirk. She beamed back then grabbed his face with both hands and gave him the deepest most passionate kiss that she could, not caring that the entire audience, which DID have her boss and many co-workers, not to mention both her parents, was watching. The audience began to clap then it turned into a full applause, whistles, and cheers. Sydney and Vaughn broke away, turning 10 shades of red each and grinned to them. They nodded their appreciation then realized that the show still had to finish. Sydney took a step, clutching Vaughn’s hand before she stopped because he had to retrieve his cane.

“Oh….baby…..what HAPPENED to you? You okay? How’d you get here? What’s going ON!?!” Sydney started, not being able to stop as it all started to hit her.

“I’m okay. I’ll try to explain everything when we get back stage.” He said, hobbling next to her off stage. Once in the room, Sydney really started to break out of the initial shock.

“My Gawd Vaughn…..we BURIED you! I cried at your grave site for days and days!” Sydney exclaimed, tears spilling once again.

“I know….I was told. I’m SOO sorry Sydney. If I could erase all that pain and hurt from you, I would do it in a heartbeat. I am SO sorry!” he said hoarsely, tears in his eyes as he clung to her hands.

“I….I…..I just can’t wrap my mind around this! Around you! You’re…..you’re alive, sitting here, talking to me!” Sydney said in a high voice, shaking her head repeatedly.

“I’m right here Sydney. I’m alive…..and I’ll never leave you again. I promise.” Vaughn whispered, kissing her hand. That’s when he caught sight of his necklace.

“THERE it is! I thought those a**holes took it from me!” he said, playing with the cross. Sydney unwound it from her wrist and unclasped it then wrapped her arms around his neck, pursing her lips as she struggled to re-clasp it around Vaughn’s neck. Then she got it and she just couldn’t move her arms away. She was mere centimeters from him and she suddenly shivered as she felt him place soft kisses on her neck and along her jaw line. She closed her eyes whispering Vaughn’s name breathlessly before he captured her lips again, pulling her impossibly close against him.

They finally had to break apart when the slight problem of breathing became an issue. They rested their foreheads against each other trying to catch their breath.

“Vaughn I’ve missed you so much! But I felt it…..that you were still here, and it was driving me crazy!” Sydney revealed as she climbed into his lap on the couch and nestled on his shoulder.

“The only thing keeping me going was picturing your beautiful face. Your smile, your eyes, those DIMPLES! I had NO idea that you all thought I was dead. I was just told by your mom like……24 hours ago. It just broke my heart to think about how you must of felt.” Vaughn said, his worry lines in full force.

“My MOM?! What…..how’d…..SHE brought you back!?” Sydney sputtered. And as if on cue, there was a soft knock on the door and Irina walked in with Jack and Weiss, who looked like a kid set loose in a candy store.

“BUDDY!!” Weiss hollered, rushing over and nearly up ending Sydney as he leaned over and gave Vaughn a bear hug.

“Easy man! Not 100% here yet.” Vaughn joked.

“Who says!? You just went from worm food to breathing oxygen here!! You’re like at 300% or something!” Eric quipped.

“Thanks Eric. Just what I needed to picture.” Vaughn teased.

“Mom? You saved him!? Brought him back?” Sydney said completely confused.

“Yes, baby.” She answered truthfully.

“What…..how’d you even KNOW?” Sydney sputtered out.

“I’d had a hunch. I’d seen the details of the way Mr. Vaughn and his fellow agent had ‘died’ and it was all too……familiar. The not being able to communicate, the bomb, the way the bodies were found. All the pieces seemed too familiar. So, since that day in South America, I’d been investigating everything. Looking into leads and following up old contacts; with Kendall’s approval and your father’s help.” Irina explained.

“Why didn’t you TELL me?! My gosh mom…..Vaughn’s…..he was…..IS my WORLD! If you had ANY clue that it wasn’t 100% true he’d died, I had a right to know!” Sydney replied back angrily. Irina looked hurt a moment before responding.

“Like I said, sweetie, it was all a hunch. I couldn’t put your hopes into something so fragile. If it turned out to be wrong…..I don’t think I could stand breaking you heart like that. You were already so destroyed…..in so much grief. I just couldn’t subject you to false hope. I love you too much.” Irina defended, getting teary eyed. Sydney gulped down her tears and nodded after thinking about it all. She wiggled off of Vaughn and stepped over to her mother, hugging her, saying she was sorry. When she pulled back, she looked her mother straight in the eyes.

“Thank you mama. Thank you SO much for giving me back my reason to live.” Sydney whispered before hugging her again.

“Pass the tissues people! This is like watching Old Yellar all over again!” Eric quipped, his own eyes tearing.

Just then, a soft knock came and Sytory poked her head in.

“I…I….was just…..missing my family.” She replied in a mumble.

“Oh, come in my little one.” Irina choked out, pulling both her daughters in a hug.

“Wow Syd……you got your gorgeous French man back!” Sytory teased giggling when Sydney beamed and Vaughn blushed. Sydney went back to Vaughn, climbing back into his arms, resting her head in the crook of his neck. He laid against her and closed his eyes.

“You’re probably exhausted, Vaughn. You know, Kendall’s just outside, we’ll see what we’re supposed to do with you for now. Either be sent to the JTF med center or home. Hun…..is the concert through?” Jack asked Sytory. She nodded from her mother’s grasp.

“Everyone’s filing out, some pre-purchasing a copy of tonight’s performances, some getting autographs. Our cousin is pretty popular.” Sytory smiled. Jack stepped out to get Kendall and come back in a few minutes later.

“Agent Vaughn…..glad to have you back from the beyond. I take it you’re pretty exhausted, and I don’t believe you are in any…..condition in fleeing seeing as you’ve got your hands full AND slightly immobilized. Go home….. I don’t want to see you until 10:00am.” Kendall stated.

“Thank you sir.” Vaughn answered, hugging Sydney closer.

“Night everyone. Wonderful concert Sydney. I’m sure Francie is beaming down on it all right now.” Kendall said before stepping out.

“Sydney? When did he become so casual with you?” Vaughn wondered, amazed. Sydney smiled.

“He’s become very close to Syd these last months. Helped her to understand things; explained things. Yet another one of our own wrapped around her little finger.” Eric replied, deserving a little smack on the arm.

A little later.

“So, what’s your prognosis on all this?” Sydney asked once in the car, Sydney driving.

“My ankle was badly broken, but it’s since healed slightly. That’s what this splint is for. Had some broken ribs, nasty gash on my temple. Nice scar now. A little malnutrition. The room service really sucked. Apparently they don’t make calls to concrete cell blocks.” Vaughn joked as they pulled up to her apartment.

“Well……we’ll have to see about doing something about that. Do you feel like some 100% pure TLC pampering?” Sydney purred as she wrapped her arms around his waist helping him to the door. He just grinned as his answer. As she helped him to bed, pulling off his jacket, she saw he had an IV already in his hand.

“Vaughn?! Why’s that there? Do you need to be in the hospital?” Sydney asked worriedly. Vaughn looked at the ground, not looking at her. She immediately sensed he was holding back something.

“Michael Christian Vaughn! Spill it!” she hissed out. He snapped his head up and eyed her; surprised to hear her say his full name. Then he exhaled and frowned.

“They found……..

{#}

An: Te hee! Another cliffhanger!! Don’t y’all love when that happens!?? I do!!!
[dodges flying objects]
Review and tell me what you think or what, if you have any, are your guesses at what it is they found. I’ll update soon!
Thanx!

Aan: The song sang by Anna was “My Immortal” by Evanescence :duh: and the one Sydney sang is “This Woman’s Work” by Kate Bush. Both songs are soooo beautiful and pretty!!! LOVE them!!!

What!!??!! Omg!! That was the best chapter yet!!! God, I was so happy when Vaughn came back, I almost starting crying!! Wow, I'm just speachless! Your such an amazing writter!!! :smiley: (y) wow. Evil cliffhanger!! ;) Well, Thanks for the PM! I cant wait to see what happens next! Update soon!!

alias_luver said:
What!!??!! Omg!! That was the best chapter yet!!! God, I was so happy when Vaughn came back, I almost starting crying!! Wow, I'm just speachless! Your such an amazing writter!!! :smiley:  (y)  wow. Evil cliffhanger!!  ;)  Well, Thanks for the PM! I cant wait to see what happens next! Update soon!!
I totally agree. I couldn't have said it better myself.

OMG!!! WHat the Hell is wrong with Vaughn??????!??!?!?!??!?! I need to know NOW!!!
oh and by the way, the songs you picked out were great! I listen to those every day! I'm glad Vaughn's back! and I hope you'll update soon!
thanks for the PM!
love ya,

Maartje

Hey dutch sydney bristow, I just realized we're both Rookie Agents! ...yeah...okay, just rambling here. :blush:
I'll try to have the next chapter up for you guys later today. I slept in till almost noon!!!! I guess I'm really worn out from working 4 days straight. :asleep:
That and my mom realized I'm suffering from heat exhastion. I guess it really got to me!!! So, maybe later today!!! :smiley:
Don't worry!!! ;)

Hey!! I know!! It's not 'later today' like I said!! It's the next day!!! But seriously!! The heat REALLY got to me and I ended up falling asleep again!!! I'm cool now, so I'll give ya the next chapter!! Please don't hurt me!!::ducks flying mouse::: :P
Enjoy!!

D: Not mine. Just borrowing for a while.

{#}

[previously]

Sydney could sense that Vaughn was holding something back.

He exhaled and frowned.

“They found….”

[Now]

“They found….a slight heart murmur. It’s not serious Syd!” he defended when she gasped tearing up. Then she glared through her tears and punched him in the arm. Hard.

“Ow!……Sydney!? I didn’t want to worry you, is all.” He said in a little kid voice.

“WORRY me?!! Vaughn!….less than 5 hours ago I though you were DEAD!!….Don’t give me that felgercarb!” she bristled. He grimaced as he rubbed his arm.

“Okay……I’m sorry…..sheesh….they gave me some shots ya’ know. Right there.” He mumbled pointing where she’d punched him. She melted and sat down next to him on the bed, wrapping her arms around him.

“I’m sorry….you okay? Seriously, tell me the truth.” She said, eyeing him.

“Besides all the injuries and malnutrition, it’s just the murmur. At the infirmary I’ll have to be put on monitors so they could see how big a deal it is and see how they want to fix it all. That’s it.” He promised, kissing her temple.

“They had a hard time getting a vein so they kept the IV in my hand.” Vaughn explained as she fingered his taped up hand.

“My poor Guardian Angel.” She mumbled, helping him with the rest of his clothes.

“Hungary?” she asked.

“No….we ate on the way to the concert. The doctors wouldn’t let me go if I didn’t promise. I’m just exhausted.” He replied as he warily tried to maneuver out of his clothes. She gave a sympathy pout face and pretty much put his p.j.’s on for him and put him to bed, snuggling close to him. Vaughn instantly started to doze off.

“Michael.” He heard Sydney say in an emotionally serious voice. He popped his eyes open at her serious voice, and because she called him by his first name.

“Yeah Syd?” he asked, brow furrowing. She looked him in the eye in the moon light for a moment before responding.

“I love you.” She said strongly. He gave her a gorgeous lopsided grin, responding back.

“Sydney Alewndra Bristow, I love you too. You’re the ONLY thing that kept me going….in that PLACE. To know that I had you here, to come back to.” He said throatily.

“I missed you SO much!…..It was so hard!!” Sydney said, getting all emotional and choked up.

“Shhh….it’s okay Syd. I’m so sorry you had to go through that. But I’m right here. I’m right here beside you. And I’m not going anywhere.” Vaughn soothed, gently pulling her into the strongest embrace he could.

“You better not. ‘Cause I’ll kick you’re a** if you put me through THAT again.” Sydney mumbled into his chest/neck. He kept his tight embrace around her, rubbing her back gently until they both fell into a deep peaceful sleep for the first night in months.

The next morning, Sydney woke up with the thought that her beloved angel wasn’t there. That it had all been a dream. Then she felt the gentle blow of Vaughn’s breath on her neck and felt his arm secured around her waist. She grinned, snuggling even more against him, looking down at his arm. She stuck her lip out slightly when she saw it was his IV’d hand and softly traced it with her fingertips. She eased herself to turn over and face him, grinning as she gazed at his sleeping face.

‘My Gawd he’s perfect! I’ve GOT to be the luckiest woman alive!’ Sydney thought as she watched him sleep. She heard her door push open a little and she turned her head slightly to see Sytory peeking her head in.

“Oh!…hi…..Wanted to see if you two were up yet. You weren’t the last two times I checked.” Sytory whispered as she tiptoed to Sydney’s side of the bed.

“Two times? What time is it?” Sydney asked, looking to her alarm clock.

“11:17!” Sydney whispered loudly causing Vaughn to stir a little. She froze until he settled down again.

“He needs to be at the hospital! He has a heart problem Tor!” Sydney whispered worriedly.

“Syd, I think that the fact that he’s SO resting peacefully now is the best TLC that he could never get in a hospital. It’s probably good for him.” Sytory stated. Sydney gazed at him a moment, then smiled.

“Isn’t that the most gorgeous site ever!?” Sydney said not taking her eyes off of Vaughn.

“Yeah…..that’s a good one…..but the one in the living room currently occupying the couch….not THAT’S gorgeous!” Sytory revealed closing her eyes and placing her hands over her heart. Sydney’s eyes bulged in confusion, and then she remembered where Will would sleep if he was here since Sytory had his bed.

“SyTORy! You’re talking about WILL! Oh my gosh….you two are so BAD!” Sydney said, shaking her head and grinning. Sytory could only blush, much like her big sister.

“The JTF hospital doctor did call. Your man does need to get in there.” Sytory said, nodding to slumber boy.

“Okay. Thanks.” Sydney replied as Sytory got up to leave. Sydney gazed down at Vaughn and gently started kissing him all over his face. After the third time he began to stir and when he popped his eyes open he found chocolate brown ones gazing back at him.

“Morning Angel.” Sydney whispered grinning.

“Morning……my reason.” Vaughn replied back. Sydney looked a little confused.

“My reason to wake up every day. My reason to fight. My reason to breathe. The reason I was born…..” he stated sweetly. Sydney’s eyes teared up as she captured him in a passionate kiss. When they broke away touching foreheads, Sydney whispered.

“My goodness I missed this.” She said breathlessly as he started kissing her neck and collarbone.

“It’s after 11. Sytory said the doctor called. You need to get in there.” Sydney said softly. Vaughn pulled away and grimaced.

“Yah….more poking and tests.” He mumbled as he allowed her to pull him up and out of bed.

A couple of hours later Vaughn was in the infirmary, hooked to leads and heart monitors.

“How many more of these are you gonna put on me?” Vaughn asked in a little boy voice, as a nurse placed another sticky patch on his chest to hook him to a lead.

“As many as it takes.” Sydney said raising her eyebrows at him to behave. She’d been there the whole time, watching them draw blood tests, listen to his heart, and do an ultrasound of his heart.

“But Syd……these thing take SKIN when you rip them off.” He mumbled, his forehead wrinkles in full force as he looked at all the ones decorating his chest and side.

“Uh-ah……not when they have a proper soak in a hot bubble bath.” She said devilishly. Vaughn looked up and made eye contact with her a moment then grinned.

“Nurse? I think you missed a spot…..” he said and Sydney giggled shaking her head.

After staying overnight being monitored, they figured out the murmur could be corrected with a very simple procedure of going in a vein in his leg to travel to his heart to fix the small damaged part of his heart that was causing the murmur. They planned to do it as soon as he was healthy enough, in the mean time he saw Dr. Barnett, along with Sydney and the second agent, Agent Collins, who’d been captured with him and thought to be dead. They were to talk about what they had been through.

Apparently, who had captured them had faked their deaths. He was a very smart ex-puppeteer who specialized in special effects, gone bad. He was well known in the crime world business back in the day, which is why Irina had recognized the hints. He’d been called in by Sark, of all people, to do a favor. After Sark was through with it, the man was free to do what ever he wanted with them, which he planned to sell them off to the highest bidder. Two US CIA officers could fetch a pretty penny these days.

“He JUST wanted to screw with me?!? There was NO point in all of this except to watch me suffer?” Sydney fumed when Vaughn and Collins revealed all this.

“He did try to get some information from us a little. But yeah…..he wasn’t in it to gain anything but that.” Collins answered. He’d suffered about the same as Vaughn with malnutrition, but also had come down with a nasty infection due to some burns that weren’t taken care of.

“My gosh……..how SICK is that? Your poor wife….and baby daughter! She was only a few months old!” Sydney seethed.

“You missed MONTHS of your first child’s life….months you CAN’T get back!” Sydney said, finally starting to settle down.

“We’ll get him Sydney. He’ll pay.” Vaughn informed. After a few sessions with psych, the two agents were deemed stable. Their strong will and hope to return to their loved ones is what got them to get through the 100 days of capture and torture.

After 2 ½ weeks, Vaughn was well enough to undergo his angioplasty, returning his heart back to 100%. Now all he had to heal up was his ankle, which he got around on pretty well already.

Another situation that was coming about was Jack and Irina. Irina, after her act of saving Vaughn and Agent Collins, was released from HQ confinement and place into a CIA safe house type situation with a tracker device on her ankle. She could have anybody she wanted stay with her. Including Jack.

Yelena, Julia, and Lena live next door, in a safe house too. That way they could see each other and still be under watch and safety.

Two weeks later after this whole new arrangement, everyone met together at Francie’s to celebrate someone’s birthday. Sydney, Vaughn, Sytory, Will, Eric, Marshall, Dixon, Phillips, Jim, Ana, Yelena, Julia, and Lena were all there already when Jack and Irina came in fashionably late. Sydney and Sytory looked up startled when they heard a throaty chuckle coming through the door and they stared wide-eyed. The rest of the room froze as well.

It was Jack. He was holding onto…..VERY closely to Irina, laughing away as Irina tried to control her giggles too. They looked up beaming.

“Hey everyone. Sorry we’re late….er….um…….” Jack started.

“We had a LATE night.” Irina purred, winking at Sydney and Sytory. Both girls dropped their mortified faces into their hands, groaning in unison.

“Oh my word…” at the same time. Eric just snickered.

“Riii-ght!” he said as Will and Vaughn tried to hide their own smirks.

“So……lucky birthday girl. You are now officially an adult. Now you can buy your OWN booze and put away that fake ID. Join us LEGAL folks.” Will joked, poking fun at Sytory.

“Will……did you NOT know what her ‘occupation’ was back in Russia?” Eric asked.

“What? A club right?” Will stated.

“She owned a BAR! She could whip up anything and everything you wanted.” Sydney said.

“Oh…..so, why isn’t she working here?” Will asked, confused.

“Cause she just turned 21!! It’s illegal!” Eric joked. Now Will was thoroughly confused.

“Things are a little more…..lenient in Russia.” Sytory provided, smiling at him, holding yet another gaze. Sydney nudged her mother, then raised her eyebrows at them.

“Your legal now though! People……of legal age…….could, ya know, DATE other people…..of legal age.” Will stumbled out sheepishly.

“Oh, yeah! That was real smooth Tippin!” Eric joked.

“Yeah….I…being Marshall….stuttering and all….ya’ know could do….better than that……not saying I’m BETTER than you….just….sarcastically speaking.” Marshall said, causing everyone to giggle. They had a great time, hanging out and planning the next O.M.N. They added Jack to sing with Irina back up. A song they did back when they were first dating and just married. And Vaughn stepped up with Agent Collins, singing a song they wrote while in captivity.

The O.M.N., the Encore, went off without a hitch within 3 weeks after that. Julia and Lena performed once again. A VERY pregnant Ana and Jim singing the song ‘Bring Me to Life’. And her original song she did in the first concert. Sydney and Eric performed their songs again, due to very popular demand. Just before Eric went on Sydney gave him a framed picture of a snapshot of the beautiful display from the first O.M.N. of his two girls with a saying printed next to the photo.

“All God’s angels

come to us

disguised.”

-James Russell Lowell
(on the death of a friend’s child)

When Vaughn and Agent Collins got up on stage to sing there song, it brought tears to both Sydney and Mrs. Collins eyes as they listened to what kept their men’s hearts and spirits alive while in captivity. The words of the song explained it all.

A hundred days have made me older

Since the last time that I saw your pretty face

A thousand lies have made me colder

And I don’t think I can look at this the same

All the miles that separate

Disappear now when I’m dreamin’ of you face

I’m here without you baby

But you’re still on my lonely mind

I think about you baby and I dream about you all the time

But you’re still in my dreams

And tonight, there’s only you and me

The miles just keep rollin’

As the people leave their way to say hello

I’ve heard this life is overrated

But I hope that this gets better as we go.

But you’re still in my dreams

And tonight girl, there’s only you and me

Everything I know, and anywhere I go

It gets hard but it won’t take away my love

And when the last one falls, when it’s all said and done.

It gets hard but it won’t take away my love

But you’re still with me in my dreams

And tonight, there’s only you and me.

Jack and Irina closed the night out with their song, wowing the audience as well as their daughters. Jack played the piano while Irina sang some parts back up with him of an old favorite redone.

Blue jean baby, LA lady,

She was a seamstress for the band

Pretty eyed, pirate smile,

She’ll marry a music man

Ballerina, you must have seen

Her dancing in the sand

And now she’s in me,

Always with me, tiny dancer in my hand

Jesus freaks out in the street

Handing tickets out for God

Turning back she just laughs

The boulevard is not that bad

Piano man he makes his stand

In the auditorium

Looking on she sings the songs

The words she knows, the tune she hums

But oh how it feels so real

Lying here with no one near

Only you and you can hear me

When I say softly, slowly

Hold me closer tiny dancer

Count the headlights on the highway

Lay me down in sheets of linen

You had a busy day today

Blue jean baby, LA lady,

Seamstress for the band

Pretty eyed, pirate smile

Hear she married a music man

Ballerina, you must have

Seen her she was dancing in the sand

And now she’s in me, always

With me, tiny dancer in my hand

You had a busy day today

You had a busy day today

Shortly after, at an important emergency meeting, all important agents were called in.

“We have a lead. On Sloane. It’s one of the best yet. This could be it.” Kendall relayed. Sydney clutched to Vaughn’s hand as Jack eyed Irina, who was now a member helping to bring Sloane down. They went over all the schematics of how, when, and where they would send a team. At the end of the meeting, Jack shared a conversation with Irina just as Vaughn, Sydney, and Sytory were coming up.

“No Irina. I don’t want you on this mission. You haven’t been feeling well. I don’t want something to happen to you.” Jack said, voice stern but concerned.

“Mom? You not feeling well? You okay?” Sytory asked worriedly.

“Maybe you two caught something…..Sydney’s been feeling bad too lately.” Vaughn voiced.

“I’m okay, precious. It’s just a bug.” Irina said as she looked at Sytory.

“Yeah…..we’ve been around each other a lot the last couple of weeks, probably picked something up.” Sydney said.

“BOTH of you will stay here. I don’t want anything happening to you two.” Jack said fatherly. Sydney set her jaw.

“Daddy. You can NOT ask that of me! I’ve worked TOO hard for this! I’ve lost SO much! I HAVE to do this!” Sydney said passionately.

“Syd…..if you aren’t 100%…..Sloane could take advantage of that. I don’t want you getting hurt. Please listen to Jack.” Vaughn begged. Both men looked at their companions with pleading eyes. Irina caved first. Sydney’s eye brimmed with tears because she knew she didn’t feel well at all, but the memory of seeing Danny and Francie and burying ‘Vaughn’ to watching her ‘best friend’ commit suicide was still fresh in her mind.

“Vaughn…….I…..I PROMISED I’d avenge Danny and Francie’s death! I can’t give that up!” she cried.

“Let me do it. For you. We’ll do it.” Vaughn begged.

“We all will.” A voice said. Sydney turned to see Eric and Dixon standing there. She looked back at Vaughn then to her father and mother.

“Okay.” She whispered. The mission was set for 2 hours, so everyone was running around and the two hours whizzed by. Finally, in the last minute meeting, Irina held hands with Sydney in the back as all the team was dispatched to different vehicles. Both Jack and Vaughn walked up to their girls with nervous looks on their faces.

“You get to infirmary……just get checked out to see what’s up.” Vaughn asked Sydney, Jack agreeing.

“Bring your mother. Better yet…..Sytory, you bring them. They’ll never go on their own.” Jack said. She nodded from her spot next to Sydney. Vaughn looked to Jack real quick, swallowing. Jack only nodded his encouragement. He nodded, fishing around in his pockets nervously. Irina just grinned.

“Uh….Sydney…..I wanted to do this in a WAY better situation, but I didn’t know that this mission was going to come up so quickly. I had it planned…..with candles and everything. But……there’s not a chance I can take…..to wait. Till after. I don’t know what’s going to happen and I would NEVER forgive myself if I didn’t get a chance to ask this of you. So……Sydney Alewndra Bristow…..will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?” Vaughn asked, going down on his knee, SWAT gear and all, holding up an open velvet box with the most exquisite engagement ring inside it, twinkling in the light.

{#}

An: Ahh!! Another cliffy!! I didn’t think I had another one to pull out, but ta da!! So, what do you think so far?? Hope you like!! And the song by Vaughn and Collins is called ‘Here without you’ by 3 Doors Down and the one Jack and Irina sang is the Tim McGraw re-make of ‘Tiny Dancer’ by Elton John. If y’all haven’t heard any one of these I suggest them!! They’re great!! LOVE THAT COWBOY!! Hehe!!

Thanx!

Hey that was great! thanks for the update (so soon) and I'm sorry we're not the same agents anymore I'm now a FIELD AGENT, I can teach you what it's all about though! just a few more post to go and you're right where I am now!

what will Syd's answer be? LOL!!! of course she'll say yes! and don't let anything happen to Vaughn on that mission!!

thanks for the PM
please post more ASAP!

Maartje

You're a field agent now??? :eek:
But..but......we were BUDDIES!!!!! :confused: :thinking:
That's okay!!! I'll be with ya' shortly dutch sydney bristow!!! :P ;)
An update is forth coming soon!!! But I gotta NASTY sunburn today taking my 5 year old cousin/niece to swimming lessons!!!! OUCH!!! :blush: :cool:
I'll PM y'all soon!! :smiley: (y)
(not a lot of people are reviewing like in the begining. :thinking: But I'll keep posting even for 1 reader!!! ^_^ )

Here you go! The next chapter!! Sorry so long of a wait!! :blush:

D: Yeah right, only in my dreams would I own this show. And also be a millionaire to boot. Needless to say, I don’t own them, and don’t have anything either. (except in my dreams, where a certain French man doesn’t wear a whole lotta clothes. Ever.)

Here’s the next chapter, it’s a doozy, hold onto your knickers!!! Enjoy!

{#}

[previously]

“……..will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?” Vaughn asked, going down on his knee, SWAT gear and all, holding up an open velvet box with the most exquisite engagement ring inside it, shining brightly.

[Now]

Sydney’s eyes instantly filled with tears as she covered her mouth in shock.

“Oh…my….gosh.” she whispered as she finally looked Vaughn in the eyes and realized she wasn’t just dreaming. She held her stare a moment before her whole face lit up, dimples coming out in full force as the tears spilled over.

“Yes….Michael, I’d absolutely love to become your wife!” she said, jumping into his arms. He pulled back and kissed her breathless before reaching down and placing the ring on her left hand. She gazed at it, gasping.

“Oh….Vaughn! It’s gorgeous!” she whispered.

“For a gorgeous lady.” He replied, smiling. She just beamed, tears in her eyes.

“I want you to know……I’ve had that since before I was captured.” Vaughn stated seriously.

“You DID?!….But..where?” She asked, knowing she’d gone through his drawers just to touch something that was his.

“I had Eric holding onto it. After…..the explosion…..he just couldn’t part with it or mention it to you.” Vaughn explained.

“Aww….gosh. How tough, thank you Eric.” She said looking over her shoulder at him. He kissed her softly once more before Eric interrupted.

“Sorry Love Birds, but we gotta go catch ourselves a rat.” Eric said.

“Ohh, Weiss, you’re giving him WAY to much credit! And you’re insulting the rats!” Sydney said sarcastically, getting some chuckles from everyone. Eric nodded, agreeing.

Sydney, Sytory, and Irina walked the teams to the garages to see them off. Just before stepping through the last door, Vaughn leaned down and kissed Sydney softly, hugging her close.

“Come back to me, my fiancé.” Sydney whispered, causing him to grin.

“Always.” He whispered back. The departed, dropping their hands only when they couldn’t reach each other any longer. Sydney gazed at the closed door a moment before turning to her mother and sister. She eyed them through her tears then screamed deliriously.

“I’m ENGAGED!” she yelled, jumping up and down like a little kid.

“Let me see! Let me see!” Sytory shrieked, grabbing Sydney’s left hand.

“Oh, Sydney. It is gorgeous! What a rock!” Sytory joked. Sydney looked up to her mom and she smiled.

“I’m getting married mama!” she said in a little girl voice as she hugged her mom.

“Congratulations baby.” Irina stated, smiling like any proud mother.

“Okay….come on you two. Time to go get you check out. I don’t want this stupid flu bug you two apparently share to get serious and then have the wrath of Jack on my back. Hey, that rhymes!!” Sytory joked, linking her arms through one of her sisters and her mothers, dragging them off to med. services. The whole way there, anyone Sydney passed by, she’d mention ‘I’m engaged!’ even if she didn’t really know the person.

Once there, Sytory made sure to check them in, then left to keep post at the central ops center to stay informed of the mission’s status, so she could tell Sydney and her mom.

Two hours later she was called in suddenly to the infirmary. She rushed in, thinking the worst. She walked in to find both her mother and her sister sitting on a couch in a conference room where doctors talked over cases with patients and family. They both were sitting stock-still, staring straight in front of them, mouths open slightly.

“Ohmyga….what’s wrong?! Are you dying?” Sytory said, freaking out. She’d JUST got her family that she so desperately wanted and now they were going to be gone. Sydney blinked registering that her sister was standing there. She slowly turned her head and, gaping, mumbled.

“No…Tor…..not dying…uh…..just….um…..pregnant.” Sydney said in shock. Sytory exhaled, then beamed.

“Congratulations, AGAIN sis!! Wow…..what a day huh?!” Sytory exclaimed, hugging her non-responsive sister.

“Well,…..mom, so you have a bug or something then?” Sytory asked at her still incoherent mother. She just shook her head. Sytory looked up worried again. Sydney finally spoke up.

“Um…..I guess….I’m not the only one who’s going to be a BIG sister in our family.” Sydney stated in shock. Sytory frowned, not understanding. She went over what Sydney had said, then it dawned on her.

“Oh…oh my….wow…..mom? You’re PREGNANT?!! Bu…how….I mean, ew, I know HOW……but, your kinda……old aren’t you?” Sytory said, completely baffled. Sydney just burst out giggling. She couldn’t help it anymore.

“Well, apparently not THAT old!” Irina commented as she too smiled, then started giggling.

“I’m blown away…..I just found out I’m gonna be a grandmother AND a mother!! Who else could possibly say that?!!” Irina said shaking her head in disbelief.

“I thought…I mean….I’m 45!! I’m getting to the end of all that….stuff. And I just didn’t think it was possible anymore!” Irina said in a shocked voice.

“Mom? Are you going to be okay, though? Isn’t it dangerous?” Sytory asked as she wedged herself between them taking each of their hands in hers.

“They said it is High risk. But that I’m very healthy for my age. More like a 35-year-old. I just have to be extra careful, more doctor visits.” Irina mentioned.

“How far along are you two?” Sytory asked.

“I’m 6 weeks.” Sydney stated.

“I’m 7-8 weeks.” Irina said. Sytory beamed.

“I CAN’T believe I’m going to be an Aunt AND a big sister all at once!” Sytory exclaimed.

“I’m gonna be a MOM and a big sister….again!” Sydney pointed out.

“I’ve got you both beat. A grandmother and a mother…..again!” Irina said beaming. They sat there smiling, letting it sink in. Then Sydney giggled, causing Irina to giggle. Which led to Sytory joining them.

“My GAWD!! Dad’s going to FLIP!! He’s gonna s**t kittens!!” Sydney stated through giggles and tears, setting off the other two even louder.

Just then Kendall came in, seeing all the girls giggling.

“I assume nothing is wrong then?” he stated. They only giggled harder.

“I’m gonna be a mom!” Sydney spit out. Kendall grinned.

“I’m gonna be an aunt!” Sytory said.

“I’m gonna be a mom…..again!” Irina said. Kendall frowned confused.

“Don’t you mean GRAND mother?” he asked.

“Nope!” Irina replied.

“I’m also going to be a Big sister!” Sytory added.

“Me too! Again!” Sydney stated smiling. Kendall blanched, scratching his head.

“You mean to tell me you’re BOTH expecting?!” Kendall asked.

“Yep!” all three girls chirped, giggling away again. Kendall’s eyes bugged out.

“We’re just picturing what Jack’s face is gonna look like when we tell him he’s going to be a Grandfather AND a father!” Irina said, wiping her eyes off.

“You won’t see it! It’ll be on the floor!” Kendall quipped, grinning.

“Well, congratulations both. I hope everything turns out well. Now…the reason I came to get you, the teams have made it to their destinations. Mission is underway as we speak.” Kendall said, getting everyone serious. They all stood, re-collecting themselves then followed Kendall out to the main ops. center.

“Sir, please…..can I have a com?” Sydney asked as her eyes darted over all the screens and readings. She was back in Agent mode.

“Nothing could hurt having another mind on this mission. Especially yours.” Kendall stated, handing her a comlink. She sat at the console that showed where each agent was placed. She quickly spotted Jack, Vaughn, Dixon, and Eric, keeping an eye on them. Dixon and Jack were on one team while Eric and Vaughn were on another.

“Base ops, this is Boy Scout, the Beta team is all set and ready. Will deploy on your call.” Vaughn called in. A couple minutes later Jack came on.

“Base ops, this is Cardinal, Alpha team is a go. Waiting for your signal.” Then came the last team.

“Base ops, this is Falcon, Delta team is on stand by and ready. Will proceed on your mark.” Agent Stewart called. Sydney took a deep breath and looked up to Director Kendall. He gazed down at her then smiled.

“Agent Bristow….would you like to do the honors?” he asked. She looked to all the screens then nodded. Kendall motioned to Marshall to link her com to all teams. Then he nodded to Sydney.

“When you’re ready.” He said to her. She smiled as she took a breath and called out all the teams.

“All teams, this is Mountaineer at Base Ops, you have the go ahead with Mission Finale.” Sydney said strongly, grinning to Marshall.

“Ten-four Mountaineer Delta team is a go.” Agent Stewart said.

“Ten-four Mountaineer. Alpha team is a go.” Jack stated, a hint of pride in his voice for his daughter.

“Ten-four…..Mountaineer-Scout…..Beta team is a go.” Vaughn said with a smile in his voice. Sydney’s grin grew wider, dimples out in full force. Kendall stared down at Sydney, an eyebrow raised. She simply lifted up her left hand, wiggling her ring in front of him. He caught sight of it and nodded, understanding.

“Well, another congratulations then Agent Bristow.” He stated evenly, but Sydney could see a smile in his eyes.

“Thank you sir.” She mentioned back softly. Then her focus turned back to the monitors as she closely followed what was being done. Every so often she’d speak up, giving her input to different team leaders. She sat at the end of her seat as she watched the mission she’d been waiting for for so long, and never took her eyes off of the Vaughn and the rest of the agents she cared for. Praying everything would end well, not like what it seemed to normally end like.

Really unexpectedly.

{#}

An: There’s the next chapter, with a little bit of a cliffhanger!! Do review and tell me what you all think, I love getting them!! Also, I’m not that great at writing the technical terms of what a mission should be like so I just did some conversations as best as I could and I’ll leave what happens in the actual mission to your imagination. Don’t forget to review!!!

Aan: Sorry so short, the next one will be a longer one, and I wanted to split when the girls found out about being pregnant from when the guys did. OH, and…….any guesses as to gender for either and names is welcomed!! I think I already have them chosen, but as always, I take suggestions into consideration and if I really like what someone suggests, I might borrow it!!

Thanx!

OMG Colly that was great!!!

“Ten-four…..Mountaineer-Scout…..Beta team is a go.” Vaughn said with a smile in his voice

LOL! that was funny, I love the fluff and stuff. and I kinda guessed they were both pregnant, but I can't wait to find out how vaughn and Jack are going to respond to this!
please post more soon!!

love ya,

Maartje

Hey! I just caught up. Great last two chapters!!! Yay for Sydney and Irina!! :smiley: Jack's going to flip. Well, I cant wait for more! Update soon!!!

First off, I am so sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I have been sucha busy girl, and I am lucky if I get on my favorite webiste (this one) once a week.

Anyway, I just have to say OMG how wonderful this chapter is. You are so good. I just caught up in the last three, and I love your story so much.

It <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>ROCKS, IT'S AWESOME, FANTASTIC, WONDERFUL, GREAT, THE BEST, AMAZING!</span>

I can just keep going. But really, you are such a talented writer, and I love your story so much. It has the fluff, and the suspense and everything. Thank you so much for keeping Vaughn alive, and there renioun was great. I really loved Syd and Irina being pregant. That was aweome. Also Vaughn saying Mountaineer-scout was just so cute. You are so talented, and your story is such a pleasure to read.

Thanks for the pms, and the updates. I really, really love your story. More soon please, and I will try and reply faster.

Love ya,

Lauren :angelic:

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>I'm BAAACCCKKK!!!</span> :jump:
I'm SOOO SOOO sorry I haven't updated in like ages!!! My stupid computer got hit with that dreadful worm viris here on the West Coast and I've been going CRAZY here without the internet and my AA!!!! :o_O: :stupidcomputer:
THANK YOU so much for the great reviews and here's the next part for y'all!!! :blowakiss:

D: If it were mine, I wouldn't have him MARRIED!! So, don't sue, cause, I just over charged my debit card cause it don't GOT any money on it anymore!

{#}

[previously]

"All teams, this is Mountaineer at Base Ops, you have the go ahead with Mission Finale." Sydney announced strongly.

Every so often she'd speak up, giving her input to different team leaders. Praying that everything would end well,...not like it usually did...really unexpectedly.

[now]

Sydney and the rest of the crowd at the JTF sat and watched as the mission played out before them. All of them glued to the screen, not taking their eyes off of them.

And that was it.

The mission was over before anyone could believe it. Less then an hour and they had Arvin Sloane in custody..but not Sark. He was able to slip away.

"Dang it!" Sydney said as the last of the mission ended.

"We got Sloane, Sydney. He's the whole reason they were functional. Sark was NEVER the leader. He can't do anything anymore." Irina said as Sydney frowned. She thought about that for awhile before nodding and smiling.

"They did it. The got the devil himself." Sydney mumbled, not believing it was over.

"We ALL did it. Especially you Sydney. I know this is getting repetitive today..but once again, Congratulations Agent." Kendall said, smiling at her. Just before she took off her com link, she heard Vaughn speak up.

"Base Ops..uh..Mountaineer...this is Boy Scout.....you're free." He said softly, full of emotion. She pulled her mic off, tears falling as she smiled at her mother. They hugged, then started giggling again as they placed their hands on the other one's belly.

"What's so funny?...You guys have a stomach flu or something? Cause that's not very funny.it's...sad." Marshall sputtered out.

"No..they're not sick." Was all Sytory would say.

Both moms-to-be waited anxiously for the teams to get home. They decided to be creative with the way they told their 'significant others' about their news, with Sytory's help.

Irina decided to just play 'name games' with Jack. Just to start randomly asking him what he thought of 'this' name or 'that' name, then hand him a picture frame, a set of three attached together, with the words 'Daddy's Bragging Rights' with a picture of Sydney, then Sytory, then the sonogram picture taken in the infirmary.

Sydney immediately enlisted Marshall's help to create a cute screen saver cartoon of a little stork carrying a bundle and a priest in a race, like the tortoise and the hare, to see who would cross the finish line first, where little cartoon's of Vaughn and Sydney stood waiting. She had it placed on his desktop and planned on making sure he got to it quickly. On the side, she had the ultrasound pictures ready to show him.

The teams took close to 4 hours to return due to delays giving the girls plenty of time. When they did, Sydney rushed into Vaughn's arms, kissing him.

"Thank you. You've given me my life back again. And SO much more!" she said tearfully. Irina clung to Jack as Sytory held his arm. But Eric kept trying to bum a hug off of her, only to have BOTH parents glare him down.

It took a little while for everyone to settle down and Sydney got to personally watch Sloane get locked up into custody. As the agents sat to fill their debrief reports before the meeting, Sydney eyed her mother from the other side of the room as she sat across from Vaughn.

"Jack?" Irina purred.

"Yes dear?" he replied, not looking up from his papers.

"What do you thing of..Shelby Andale...as a name?" she mentioned softly.

"It's pretty." He said after repeating it to himself.

"Or...Sheridon Jacques?" she asked, again purring.

"That sounds..unique. Strong, I think." Jack replied, catching on to the way her voice was.

"Oh..okay. Jack..this is for you. Something ...to keep on your desk." Irina said handing him the folding photo frames.

At that same moment, Vaughn clicked his computer on and the screen started to play the cartoon with the arcade like jeopardy sound effects.

"What the.?" Vaughn mumbled as he watched the scene play out.

Jack opened the tissue paper and smiled at his two daughters, reading the frame, then frowning and squinting slightly at the 3rd frame. His jaw dropped.

Vaughn finally realized what the cartoon was about and suddenly a photo landed across his keyboard. He picked it up and his eyes bulged out.

Very slowly the two shocked men turned to look up at the women sitting next to them.

Jack only had to look for one second to see that look in Irina's eyes. She had that look in her eyes when she announced she was pregnant with Sydney.

"Irina..we're...this..." he mumbled.

"Is # 3." Irina finished, tears in her eyes.

Vaughn gaped up at Sydney who was sitting against his desk.

"The priest isn't going to get there first, is he?" Vaughn asked breathlessly. Sydney giggled.

"Well..if we elope he might have a chance." Sydney said grinning.

"You..we're..there's a.." Vaughn mumbled.

"I'm pregnant, we're going to be parents, there's a baby in here as we speak. 6 weeks and counting." Sydney replied for him, rubbing her abdomen.

Jack looked back down to the picture frame, gazing at the sonogram.

"Three..two girls..maybe THREE! Gawd, I hope it's a boy!" he finally blew out causing Irina to burst up giggling then grab his face and kiss him deeply.

"We're gonna have a BABY!" Jack yelled once he broke for air.

Vaughn then looked over and yelled back, getting into the excitement.

"Me TOO! We are too!" he said, jumping up and wrapping his arms around Sydney, kissing her passionately.

"WHAT!?? You too Sydney?" Jack said after he thought about it. She nodded.

"Oh yeah...You're going to be a grandfather also. I couldn't find a picture frame for that one." Irina said, smiling at the look on Jack's face. Then she frowned when she saw where it was going.

To.

The floor.

"Oh dear! Someone get some salts! Jack, you idiot, you could hurt yourself fainting like this!" Irina said as she knelt down and cradled Jack's head in her lap, fanning his face.

"See. What'd I tell you." Kendall said finally stepping forward from his place while he watched the whole scene play out. He pulled some salts from his pocket, handing them to Irina.

"Sir, you had them in your pocket?" Sydney said as she kneeled next to her mother, holding her dad's hand.

"I told you he was gonna hit the floor." Kendall stated, smiling up at Vaughn. Irina woke Jack up, then held his head gently, smiling down at him.

"Love, are you alright?" Irina asked softly. Jack looked around at everyone.

"I'm gonna be a dad..again?" He asked. She nodded.

"And a grandfather?" he asked. She nodded again. He just grinned.

"Yes. I'm doing just fine. Perfect." He replied as he sat up. He saw Sydney and grinned at her.

"I'm happy for you sweetie. For the both of you." He said nodding towards Vaughn.

"Same to you. A bit shocked, but happy." Vaughn said. Jack stood up, wrapping his arms around Irina, gazing at her. Then he startled suddenly.

"Are YOU okay? I mean..I know your younger then we believed, but still..." he said.

"It won't be the easiest. Not like Sydney and Sytory. It'll just be a little more risky, more precautions made, more monitoring. I'm fine, 7 or so weeks along, as healthy as a 35 year old I'm told." Irina stated reassuringly. He and Vaughn had the stupidest grins on their faces as they attempted to pay attention to the debriefing on the mission. They got through it well enough, then everyone went out to celebrate.

Vaughn, Sydney, Sytory, Jack, Irina, Dixon, Marshall, Eric, Phillips, Yelena, Lena, and Julia were all going to be there. When Sydney called ahead to Francie's restaurant to inform Will of a group of 12 was coming, he knew that the mission was a success.

"That's not ALL we're celebrating. We'll tell you when we get there." Sydney said as she smiled at Will. Will closed the restaurant down for the special party. Everyone got dressed up and made it to the restaurant within the hour. As they all situated themselves around the joined tables, Will tapped his glass to get everyone's attention.

"Okay,..not that I'm completely happy about the weasel put in his place and all...but what's the other reason we're all excited about?" Will asked, looking pointedly at Sydney. Sydney glanced to her mother and smiled.

"Well..um, I'm going to be a new big sister for the second time. And Sytory here is going to become an Aunt for the first time." Sydney said slowly, making it interesting. She loved doing that to Will. Will followed this, putting two and two together.

"So..Jack..and Vaughn?" Will surmised.

"Going to be daddy's. For the third time..and a virgin daddy here." Eric said nodding to Jack and slapping Vaughn across the back.

"THAT'S why you guys look like your eyes are gonna fall out of your heads! Congratulations guys! Sydney and Mom!" Will said happily.

"Mom?! When did you start that?" Eric stated. Will just shrugged.

"Syd's like my sister..it comes with the territory." He stated, grinning. Eric nodded.

"Vaughn's like a brother to me, so...Mom! Dad!" Eric yelled out to Jack and Irina.

"Oh dear Gawd." Jack mumbled.

"You always said you wanted a son dear." Irina poked at him. He just grumbled.

The night went on till late with stories of everyone's lives and baby stories to weddings to everyone dancing away, joking and having a good time.

Over the next couple of weeks, everyone took extra care of Irina and Sydney. Both moms-to-be experienced morning sickness, sometimes even at the same time.

Everything on the 'Bad Guys' front was quiet and still. When Irina entered her 2nd trimester, with no more sickness, Jack and her decided to get married. This time using her true name, and because she truly chose to. Since she had two daughters, Yelena was her maid-of-honor; Sytory and Sydney her bridesmaids and Julia and Lena the flower holders. Jack chose Dixon as his best man with Will and Vaughn his groomsmen leading his daughters. And because Eric was just as much a part of it all, he walked Lena and Julia down, being the ring bearer.

As a huge surprise, Sytory and Sydney flew out their mom's workers from her pueblo to be at the wedding. Already hormonal and emotional, Irina was a fountain of tears at this. The ceremony wasn't a huge big thing, but very lovely. Perfect for Jack and Irina. They even went on a honeymoon, to a beachside resort for a week.

The girls continued to grow rounder. When Irina became far enough along, she had the special tests done to make sure the baby was doing okay. She underwent amniocentesis at 16 weeks. Jack was by her side the whole time, even though his poor hand begged not to be.

"You just wait till this one's ready to come. THEN your hand will suffer!" Sytory commented at the dinner to celebrate the tests coming back normal.

Christmas that year was a HUGE event with the whole Bristow/Derevko clan going away to a big cabin for the holidays up in the mountains. Irina and Sydney were now 5 months along and sported little round tummies. Irina and Jack sat together Christmas morning watching their entire family, not believing that they were actually a part of it all.

"Jack?...did you think, last Christmas, that a year from then you'd be here, surrounded by your daughters, future son-in-law, nieces, wife, and sister-in-law?" Irina asked smiling, making sure she had everyone.

"And one pudgy wrinkled dog." Jack added.

"And one pudgy wrinkled dog...with a ridiculous bow around it's neck." Irina added giggling.

"Absolutely not. Especially with the thought of becoming a father..again AND a grandfather. I would have laughed my head off at anyone who told me that." Jack commented. Irina just giggled deep in her throat, kissing him sweetly.

By the end of January, Sydney and Irina were, as Eric put it, the 'Waddle Twins!' as they made their way around the JTF HQ. And food never lasted long around them, no matter what it was.

Into February, you wouldn't be surprised to find Jack and Vaughn walking around with dark circles under their eyes.

"What she crave last night?" Jack asked sleepily to Vaughn over their 3rd cups of coffee.

"Oh.um, chocolate mint ice cream, and peanut butter cookies. Again." Vaughn mumbled bleary eyed.

"At 2:30 in the morning. You?" Vaughn asked. Jack took a breath.

"Casa Sanchez's tortilla soup and strawberry ice cream." Jack mumbled.

"How'd you get the soup? Aren't they closed?" Vaughn asked. Jack nodded.

"I gave them a generous tip... and then threatened them...she told me I wasn't to return until I had it." Jack answered, making Vaughn grin picturing it. Eric sat down eyeing them, then just snickered as he dug into his breakfast.

"Oh..you'll get yours, Eric. Trust me." Vaughn warned, Jack grumbling his agreement and wishing twins on Eric just as payback.

By March, Irina and Sydney were done with being pregnant. Both of them very round, Irina a little more than Sydney. Back aches, swollen feet, etc. plagued them and made them miserable. Which in turn made everyone else miserable, especially the fathers-to-be, they hated to see them in such states, let alone trying to make them comfortable all the time. Irina had 3 more weeks, Sydney 4 ½. As they got ready for their joint baby shower, both babies started dancing up a storm.

"Man! He.or she is going nuts! Must be excited to get all their presents!" Sydney exclaimed clutching her bare belly.

"Mine too! Come here! Let them play together!" Irina said waddling towards her daughter. They stood facing each other, their bare tummies pressed together, both babies wiggling around. Both women giggled, smiling big time.

"Sweetie! That's your aunt or uncle!" Sydney cooed, poking at her mom's tummy with her finger, making her mom grin.

"How weird is that? To be less then a week or so younger than your aunt or uncle?" Sydney pointed out.

"Don't bet on it...you were over a week early..your baby could easily be OLDER than their aunt or uncle by a few days!" Irina said as they finished getting dressed. Sydney just shook her head at that thought.

The party was thrown by Will and Sytory, who had been seeing a LOT of each other lately. The clothes were neutral colors; Sydney's being a soft green color, Irina's white and yellow. Sydney's baby room theme was an antique teddy bear theme while Irina's was pale colored beach/ocean theme.

As the last weeks of the pregnancies came about...so did news on Sark. Even though Sydney and Irina were now on maternity leave, both Irina and her were called in for an important meeting.

"As you all remember, when we captured Arvin Sloane, destroying his operations, Sark got away. It is now apparent that he is back. In full force. And he's not working alone. This was taken hot off a surveillance camera in the Philippines." Kendall informed clicking the screen on.

When Irina saw who it was with Sark, she gasped deeply covering her mouth.

'This can't be happening!' she thought with fear, immediately placing a hand on Jack's hand and squeezing hard.

Jack looked into his wife's eyes to see what he thought he'd never see again.

Fear.

{#}
An: MUAHHAHAAAHAHAHAAA!! :devil:
Aan: There, sorry about all the time lapsing, I had to get things moving for them. I hope you enjoyed another cliffhanger!! I did! Tehehe!! Please review and tell me what you all think, I love getting them from all of you!!

Back